Hay - gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nevbuster said:
Could you imagine a player doing this under Barass or Kennedy ? He'd have to move to Costa Rica for his own safety. Stop giving him the soft option JYD, this touchy feely support is b#l*****.

Onya NevBuster. Great post. JYD lacks that HEADKICKER element. :p

Wouldn't it be refreshing to see JYD put on lotsa weight, grow the sideburns, get the mo happening and look more intimidating !! ;)

can't look & speak like a dragonfly again in 2007?? Surely not ???

btw Kingpin, thanx for the lowdown. So JYD knew NOTHING of the players not wanting to play for Matty.... hmmmmm that's odd. :confused:

Shinboners said:
Some argue that Laidley is too tough on the kids.

And wasn't the "touchy feely" support the thing that helped Thompson become one of our most important players in 2005 and 2006?

Thommo looks a seriously motivated man who just needed a change and the right environment. What coach wouldn't pat him on the head and say "good work son..."

Nevbuster said:
Thommo looks a seriously motivated man who just needed a change and the right environment. What coach wouldn't pat him on the head and say "good work son..."

Ah, the old "if it works - anyone could have done it, but if it doesn't work - Laidley has f*cked it up" argument.

Very tough to rebut.

The Zebra said:
Ah, the old "if it works - anyone could have done it, but if it doesn't work - Laidley has f*cked it up" argument.

Very tough to rebut.

And so adaptable.

There isn't a situation you can't use.

KingyOrTheKing said:
If two years of AFL football haven't been able to fix him, nothing will.

The biggest waste of space in the AFL.

He's plays some good footy and some very ordinary footy in the same game or from week to week.

After a few weeks where a few of us (me included) praised Hay's defensive skills and his ability to take on the power forwards, he just became completely hopeless and a total embarrassment to himself, the club and the coach.

I know Brown deserves criticism but I just can't compare him, or anyone else for that matter, with Hay in terms of being the biggest waste of space in the AFL at present.

From what i have heard and seen of Armstrong over this season in particular is his continued bagging of his players.I have been a fan of his for years and was thrilled when he first came back to Tassie and coached my local side North L'ton to the State Prem.A fan i was but not anymore.The players have lost faith in him plain and simple,these are not just my thoughts but have spoken to a few of the players and that is the general feeling.

Leach?
Pr!ck?

A couple of the words that have been written about Hay.

Very harsh words for someone who has never done anything to you personally..

I'll reserve my judgement after he spends a bit more time at the club, at present it looks like a poor deal but perhaps a full pre-season might be what he needs.

I refuse to stick the boots in and slag any of our players, if he does have issues that is affectign his on-field performances then the club should see if they can help him resolve them. Until he is de-listed he is still a North Melbourne player and really doesn't deserve some of the harsh words.

I am disappointed in a lot of players this year but you just have those types of years sometimes when everything seems to be going wrong.

Originally Posted by Tas
I'll reserve my judgement after he spends a bit more time at the club, at present it looks like a poor deal but perhaps a full pre-season might be what he needs.

I refuse to stick the boots in and slag any of our players, if he does have issues that is affectign his on-field performances then the club should see if they can help him resolve them. Until he is de-listed he is still a North Melbourne player and really doesn't deserve some of the harsh words.

I am disappointed in a lot of players this year but you just have those types of years sometimes when everything seems to be going wrong.

That's sort of how I feel too Tas........and it applies to ALL NMFC players, whilst they're part of our club.

Easy targets like Jonny Hay are best left to the obvious sniping supporters of other clubs IMHO. I'll hope for the best whilst he's with us, and bag the hell out of him if he departs, having wasted every ounce of our investment. Until then though......GO YOU GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!:(

T'toes

I think the key is to get Hay's mind right. At the moment he does not look like he wants to be out there and is definatley not enjoying himself. If the coach and fellow players can assure Jon at the end of the season that he is wanted, and is expected to be our starting full back next year, it gives him plenty of drive and motivation to get the body right. A massive pre season for Jon could be the turning point. Good luck to him.

Just out of interest, does anyone remember what we traded away to get Hay...and what has been the resultant performance of anybody picked up with the draft pick(s) or player swaps?

Devil Fish said:
I couldn't care less whether I see Hay play again or not. He will just add to our list of guys who can't kick.

His getting on very well nicely now mr. negative man. I hope he can shove that kick up your mouth when he returns to senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

windsock said:
Agree with a lot of that Tas, but he is FAT. His body shape hasn't improved all year. If I was under as much heat as him, I'd be doing everything possible to show my team-mates and coach that I was fair dinkum. I don't know what his training regime is like, but it sure doesn't look like he's getting fitter by the game.

Added to that, Rocca goes back to the twos and busts his arse at every contest. I don't reckon Hay displays the same team-oriented attitude.

At least now his trying to regain his fitness and not being lazy.

1997LeadGoalKicker said:
Just out of interest, does anyone remember what we traded away to get Hay...and what has been the resultant performance of anybody picked up with the draft pick(s) or player swaps?

We traded #18/Granb Birchall. Hes headed in the right direction by coming out and telling us a about his bipolar. also he signed a performance based contract. only can see it getting better

I am quite close to someone who has bipolar (who doesn't take medication)
From what I have seen from him, when something negative happens it really gets him down.. and he begins to unravel and completely act without any rationale. i.e. "says hurtful things to people (without being provoked), breaks things, drinks to excess and put himself through enormous risks.
He can also go the complete opposite way and be far too enthusiastic about things as well..

Without something to trigger the above though, he will be a great guy and you wouldn't notice anything.... Being in the media spotlight when being dropped, I feel would be triggering some of those lows that Hay experienced last year.

I know all I've really done is defined BiPolar

I just hope that he can get some good medical advice and get through it...
All the best Jon

Remove this Banner Ad

Hay - gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back