swift24

Senior List
Sep 16, 2005
Narre
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Freo has exited the race for hay as stated on the AFL website after the hawks knocked back their overall offer of pick 10 in the draft, the kangaz now have pick 18 as thier 1st pick after they traded 13, now looking likely that hay will remain in the brown and gold unless the port and motlop deal can be done.

If you get desperate, convince him to come to Port, we can work a deal. :D

This is like the Rawlings saga all over again. It seems opposition clubs rate Hay one hell of a lot higher than the Hawks do. :confused:

I recall two seasons ago everyone was talking Rawlings up as this superstar forward and rubbishing the Hawks for not offering hin a 3 year contract. History tells us the Hawks were correct.

If Hay is such a star, why doesn't he perform like one?

Pick 10 sounded good to me...I guess anything can happen tomorrow...as long as the fax machine is plugged in.

Adelaide Hawk said:
This is like the Rawlings saga all over again. It seems opposition clubs rate Hay one hell of a lot higher than the Hawks do. :confused:

I recall two seasons ago everyone was talking Rawlings up as this superstar forward and rubbishing the Hawks for not offering hin a 3 year contract. History tells us the Hawks were correct.

You have got it all wrong. Hawthorn are the ones who overrate him. They wanted 10 and Ryan Murphy ffs. I wouldnt give Murphy on his own

Adelaide Hawk said:

Rawlings like Hay, like Holland were all one year wonders.

It is the club that is to blame for signing them all up on big long term
dollar contracts and expecting them to perform for it.

Idiots.

big buddy38 said:
Pick 10 sounded good to me...I guess anything can happen tomorrow...as long as the fax machine is plugged in.

:thumbsu:

If Hay ends up staying and we miss out on pick 10
I will be very ********ed off.

I do not want that prick at the club.

pinkus maximus said:
You have got it all wrong. Hawthorn are the ones who overrate him. They wanted 10 and Ryan Murphy ffs. I wouldnt give Murphy on his own

Haven't got a clue have you? It wasn't Hawthorn who was prepared to pay Rawlings the big bucks, everyone else wanted to, and Western Bulldogs DID.

If other clubs are desperate to get Hay (which they are), you can't blame Hawthorn for wanting to do as good a deal as they can get. Ever hear the term, "ambit claim"?

And .... WHO is Ryan Murphy? A dud who kicks a goal or two in the WAFL. Freo have only one player I'd be interested in, The rest aren't worth a cracker.

Adelaide Hawk said:

You sure were right about Rawlings!

Oh No! we are looking at trading him again. I spoke too soon.

If Hay stays he will find himself in the same position as Holland did last season, play his way out at our club at Box Hill, considering the rubbish he poured on our club at his recent TV interview.

Poor Box Hill!

Simply, we need a new full-back, one who doesn't make sleepy insipid cameo appearances. A new one we are in the process of acquiring I would say, most likely developed from our present group of players - the fourth youngest in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hay Likely To Stay Put

Remove this Banner Ad

Back