You have to put your hand up

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted to draft Curtin over Watson. I am a grade A moron.
Same and same.

Although in my defence it wasn't about the Wiz, I always knew he'd be great. I just thought we were crying out for a monster defender. And we kinda still are. That's why we're chasing Battle and Barass (not that either are true 'monsters', but you know what I mean) That's why we chased McKay and Rata last year.

I thought we'd go through 2024 undefeated...turns out we wasted 9 games by not playing to our best and having brain fades.

I was wrong.

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about Chol when he first got here. Especially watching his first few training runs. He was huffing and puffing all over the place. He will never be an endurance athlete but he has shown an appetite for tackling that i didn't know he had and he has been huge this year.

Historically just to make you guys all feel better about yourself I didn't think Chris Langford would make it. Yes, Superman himself. My saving grace is that he started in the ruck and played wing as well early on before he was moved to Full Back

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about Chol when he first got here. Especially watching his first few training runs. He was huffing and puffing all over the place. He will never be an endurance athlete but he has shown an appetite for tackling that i didn't know he had and he has been huge this year.

Historically just to make you guys all feel better about yourself I didn't think Chris Langford would make it. Yes, Superman himself. My saving grace is that he started in the ruck and played wing as well early on before he was moved to Full Back
Agree on Chol, I was dead against his recruiting and now so pleased he has done well, his tap on Saturday to Watson at full pace was a thing of beauty.

Langers had the nickname Franky at the start after Frank Spencer because he was so clumsy and only after a year of Peter Knights shadowing him at training for every session did he start to improve as a key back.

I posted slightly over twelve months ago "I do not understand the point of Lloyd Meek" as I didn't see a footballer; wrong
(also, when I attended a few trainings earlier this year, Lloyd unsolicited stopped and asked me how I'm going each time. really nice bloke).

I was convinced at the start of the season that all the turmoil would galvanise Melbourne; nope, salmon dance.

I thought Massimo was being audacious when he came out on radio after he landed at the Hawks and spoke about his strengths and how he could make an impact at the Hawks like a Gulden or Daicos. Thought this 16 gamer who we’d picked up for a packet of chips should cool the jets.

I had NFI.

When you get things badly wrong.

In the 'Cull' thread, I called Gaborone out for comments I said he made about Mitch.

I was mostly wrong. I went back and checked, and largely that wasn't Gab's issue.
He shit trucked Kennett, desperately wanted an 'All Hail Clarko' thread, and questioned everyone's motives at the time Clarko was getting let go, promising to leave the Club if Kennett sacked Al.....but that's a hugely different call than I claimed.
There were others who actually made some pretty dicey comments in line with my rememberings, I went back to the time and checked, but I've done enough name calling for a while.

I want to apologise. To Gaborone, to this community.
It's important to get things right when you throw shitty comments out publicly.
I also think I'll take a little break from here.
Go Hawks
I'll take your word for it because I like it.
One of the good guys, go Hawks

I sat on the couch with my son-in-law in the last 30 seconds of the Port game and when he said "you've got this" and I said "They'll probably kick a goal and kick another from a free kick with seconds to go"
I didn't do the Dodoro fist pump when it didn't result from a free kick, I was too busy slamming it into the couch

When you get things badly wrong.

In the 'Cull' thread, I called Gaborone out for comments I said he made about Mitch.

I was mostly wrong. I went back and checked, and largely that wasn't Gab's issue.
He shit trucked Kennett, desperately wanted an 'All Hail Clarko' thread, and questioned everyone's motives at the time Clarko was getting let go, promising to leave the Club if Kennett sacked Al.....but that's a hugely different call than I claimed.
There were others who actually made some pretty dicey comments in line with my rememberings, I went back to the time and checked, but I've done enough name calling for a while.

I want to apologise. To Gaborone, to this community.
It's important to get things right when you throw shitty comments out publicly.
I also think I'll take a little break from here.
Go Hawks
Thank you flinchfree for setting the record straight. Yes, I was angry at the way letting Clarkson go was handled, and more at Kennett. You have to understand my comments in the context of the fact that when I started barracking for Hawthorn in 1954 we had won the wooden spoon again the previous year and had no tradition to write about or be proud of. Clarkson won us four premierships and needs to be honoured as the Hawthorn great he is. It was time to say thank you and move on but in my opinion the bagging was out of line. I was never anti Sam Mitchell who I admire immensely. He always conducted himself professionally. As for leaving Hawthorn, it's easier said than done (and I didn't). I have been so privileged and with little luck may be even more so in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Ryan Burton was the chosen one…turns out he was not even close to that sort of player once he wasn't playing next to Luke Hodge anymore!

Where do I begin….

At some stages throughout the year and even last year I have said.

- We have stuffed up the rebuild by missing quality players with our picks.
Albeit we haven’t nailed every pick, however we surely have brought in some exceptional talent - Day, CMac, Watson, Dear, Weddle..

- We’d be bottom 4 for the next couple of years.

- We aren’t going to attract good players while we are down the bottom.

- After the first 5 games I had pretty much written off the season.

Now let’s go win a flag!!!

Wow, this is some A grade catharsis!!!

I though there was no way the players could find the intuitive connection to be a quality team this year after 7 rounds.... I was WRONG!

My turn ! I thought Frost was a liability , but this year he has made me eat my words. He’s become reliable and consistent, kudos to him .
Me, too. Frostball was a killer and he was never going to change - but he did.
I didn't think Meek was going to be the primary ruck, he just didn't seem to have it and he appeared too.......
..... meek.
Very glad to be wrong.

I wanted to fight everyone in the Massimo D’Ambrosio thread who I thought was drinking the wee out of Daniel Hoynes doodle when he was saying he was the #1 rated wingman in the afl in like round 5 or something. Just didn’t think come round 24 he’d actually be in the AA squad.

Tried to quote myself the other day could not find it, someone pls abuse me

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to put your hand up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back