List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a bit surprised Brad didn't stay on until the end of the year. If it was simply moving on for better opportunity then why wouldn't he stay until the end of the year?

Because it wasn't.

When a list manager is over ruled by other parties, when he is simply doing his job, would you feel valued or respected.

Fair play to BL on the way out, held his composure and head high.

Saying that isn’t going to convince anyone. Site sources and I’m sure people will be happy to hear it, and even encourage you to take it to the news outlets. I’m sure they would be happy to report something like this.
If you don’t want to do that then you are just rumor mongering.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Point is we're supposed to be rebuilding. Ballantyne shat the bed in that Grand Final and that was the last we ever really saw of him. He played his best football when he was hungry and angry and that's completely dropped from his game. He seriously should have been axed in about 2016, at the absolute latest, with someone else coming in to replace him in about 2015, at the absolute latest.

It's very hard not to agree 100% with this.

Ultimately, who's place is he taking by playing next year?

A recently departed figure did not wish to extend a contract to HB, was rolled on by other parties and the "top-up" payments was cited as justification for another year. That official walked the next day.

If this is true, it sounds very concerning. I have some doubts about the credibility, but whilst we are entertaining the discussion, can you identify which parties specifically?

Because it wasn't.

When a list manager is over ruled by other parties, when he is simply doing his job, would you feel valued or respected.

Fair play to BL on the way out, held his composure and head high.
Lloyd left for a higher profile job and is based in Melbourne, how was he rolled out, why would we keep him around if we are going to be dealing with draft strategies, etc. knowing he is going to be with another club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list management is awful. I always defend the club ( and have done for many years on this board) but re-signing two unproductive passengers in Ballantyne and Bennell shows the depths of dis-functionality the club has reached.

dunno why you hate Bennell but you need to consider that Balla has ZERO upside. He hasn't played well in 3 years.

Bennell has massive upside thats why you take a punt. What is our reward for taking a punt on Ballatyne?

Although I agree with most of your points to be fair with Ballas re GF he had a virus and was sick. He played poorly. Freo match committee should have sat him out. Neale could of started instead of being the sub.

Ballatyne's issues on GF were constant fumbling and misplays. The virus story sounds like BS to me.

Ballatyne's issues on GF were constant fumbling and misplays. The virus story sounds like BS to me.

I agree. I’ve never heard that virus story before but was speaking to a coach who coached him in the Teal Cup and said that Balla could never perform in the big games due to his nerves and playing the game over and over in his head before he even ran out. He was a wreck by the time the game started. He was not surprised in the slightest that Balla shit the bed in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back