Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Farrell signing on is fine with me.

Sure he's been in some bad stuff, but we're talking about a show that blitzed it with Matthew McConaughey in the lead.

If someone told you that two years ago you'd laugh in their face.
Fair point but MM was building form leading into it. Hope they have a decent offsider or other cast members to support Farrell.

Farrell signing on is fine with me.

Sure he's been in some bad stuff, but we're talking about a show that blitzed it with Matthew McConaughey in the lead.

If someone told you that two years ago you'd laugh in their face.

I would've high fived them.

I dont mind this. Hope he doesnt play a dirty cop like in that movie Pride and Glory.
If the writing is good though he can pull it off, can act.

I don't know how concrete the source is but the earlier casting rumours were exactly that, a dirty cop with a coke problem lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that was BS though as the media don't have any more clues than we do when it comes to S2.

I don't know how concrete the source is but the earlier casting rumours were exactly that, a dirty cop with a coke problem lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that was BS though as the media don't have any more clues than we do when it comes to S2.

Im certain Pizzolotto will have something more original then that

The New World is like a masterpiece, but I've had no lingering attachment to Farrell than I have for say Bale, or say Clive Owen after Children of Men.

Hope he doesn't have to play American.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 interesting choices. It really doesnt matter it'll come down to the storyline/writing. For alot of people it wont match season 1 as they have hyped it up so much.

I agree so much on both points, I've liked Farrell when he's got good material to work with and I'm very intrigued by the prospect of Vaughn as a villain.

It's inevitable that we'll see legions of elitist flogs whinging about S2, it won't even matter if they smash it out of the park and top the first season.
Personally I just think that so long as they maintain the excellent standard of cinematography and the key themes and mood of S1 then it should be great, I trust Pizzolatto will deliver more quality.

Farrell is fine, good casting and a little left of centre (like Matty) but Vaughn... his only attempts at anything serious that i can recall are Psycho (eeeesh) The Cell (which i loved but wasn't great).

Can do comedy (although he has one character and one character only) but ive seen nothing to suggest he has any range at all for a cunning, clever, evil criminal.

Farrell is fine, good casting and a little left of centre (like Matty) but Vaughn... his only attempts at anything serious that i can recall are Psycho (eeeesh) The Cell (which i loved but wasn't great).

Can do comedy (although he has one character and one character only) but ive seen nothing to suggest he has any range at all for a cunning, clever, evil criminal.

He was good in Into the Wild, was a small part but was good in a straight role.

I assume Pizzolatto got high while watching that awful Starsky & Hutch remake and cast Vaughan based off of that. But look what PTA did with Adam Sandler, who knows what the Pizzalatto sees in Vaughan.

It's worth noting that these guys weren't just picked through IMDB roulette.

The pressure is on for season two to stand up to the first one.

Vaughn and Farrell would have knocked their auditions and screen tests through the roof.

I remember seeing Vince Vaughan in Clay Pigeons and thinking that he was really great. Still had the bravado persona, but was a bit more menacing and unhinged. I'm really intrigued by his casting, to be honest.
Same here. He was good in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Remove this Banner Ad

Back