HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah all three. Natimuk are fielding one of the worst senior teams in memory too.

The population just isn't there. As mentioned previously it's concerning to see even where Harrow Balmoral might be in a few years also. When the the Closes', Pekin retire, no U17s, not much coming through.

It's up to clubs to decide their fate. TL have been vocal in wanting to merge with someone/anyone. Credit to Laharum who put out a call to past players to come back & drag them out of the mire.

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Laharum can turn things around in the space of a year does that give hope to other clubs in a similar position?

If Laharum can turn things around in the space of a year does that give hope to other clubs in a similar position?
E/A did something similar a few years ago, didn't they? i.e. put out a "call to arms" and got some locals back or people that had a connection to the club.

J-R & SMG are interesting if you think about it ... both former sides were grand finalists last year and they still merged. That's a sign of the times!

It's slightly contentious right now and nothing is decided, but will these Mineral Sands projects that are being talked about bring people to the district? Maybe not juniors but possibly a few top up players that will want a game somewhere?

Seems kind of dumb? They are no chance of finals. It’s an away game so they don’t get the gate. May as well burn cash
Dont know that Kaniva are spending too much money as it is, apart from a couple of local boys returning from Adelaide I would doubt much expenditure on players, all locals. Thinking its more about getting a win on the board. They were impressed with Bennell not only on the ground but after as well at his last visit. Dont think the first game he played was intended to be a massive fundraiser either as it was barely advertised apart from the clubs facebook.

Look, good on KLU on the win today. They are fighting the fight.

My view is
If a club wants to bring some ring ins into there club in the hunt for a flag then fair enough. Premierships are hard to win and if some extra help tips you over the line then fair enough. Rup in 2022 did this and all power to them.

What I don’t get is why clubs pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for one off games for a potential win here or there that has no impact on anything. Your just robbing a local player of a senior game?

KLU had an exciting uplifting win today! It makes ppl feel good for 24 hours. In reality Bennell pushed a local out of the team. They burnt money to do it. And all it means is they will likely finish 2nd last instead of last in the ladder.

Look, good on KLU on the win today. They are fighting the fight.

My view is
If a club wants to bring some ring ins into there club in the hunt for a flag then fair enough. Premierships are hard to win and if some extra help tips you over the line then fair enough. Rup in 2022 did this and all power to them.

What I don’t get is why clubs pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for one off games for a potential win here or there that has no impact on anything. Your just robbing a local player of a senior game?

KLU had an exciting uplifting win today! It makes ppl feel good for 24 hours. In reality Bennell pushed a local out of the team. They burnt money to do it. And all it means is they will likely finish 2nd last instead of last in the ladder.
Agree to disagree. Been smashed the previous 2 weeks, a win albeit to get off the bottom of the ladder still gives a lift.

Agree to disagree. Been smashed the previous 2 weeks, a win albeit to get off the bottom of the ladder still gives a lift.
Is it possible KLU are considering something more regular? That's 2 games now. What does this guy Bennell do on other weeks?

Sucks for E/A as they were starting to get on little roll after a pretty rough start to the year.

Did he kick a bag? Looks like they (KLU) came home with a wet sail.

Is it possible KLU are considering something more regular? That's 2 games now. What does this guy Bennell do on other weeks?

Sucks for E/A as they were starting to get on little roll after a pretty rough start to the year.

Did he kick a bag? Looks like they (KLU) came home with a wet sail.
Going by playhq he didnt kick any goals or figure in best players.

OK, I see now. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction ... I was just using it to get the scores :rolleyes:. I see there is wealth of info out there!!! I got the answers to my own question about where he's been as well --> all over the place!!!
No worries its just a shame we cant see clearances on the site as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennell has played for 6 clubs this season with KL being the only club he played twice for. The club obviously have money that they want to spend, it's pretty hard to attract players where Kaniva is so hopefully he keeps playing.
Think Kaniva had a change in admin a couple of years ago and the new committee were not necessarily on the ball, believe a new recruiter has been appointed who will be ahead of things and would expect things to be in place to make them much more competitive going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back