HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

HUGE NEWS! insider sources tell me that the Landt brothers aren't happy at Dimboola. and to be quite frank i wouldn't be happy at a cub like Dimboola, sources say they are planning on moving to kalkee 2025? anyone's though
Not sure kalkee can afford both they might have to take a bit of a pay cut if they want to continue playing together

Not sure kalkee can afford both they might have to take a bit of a pay cut if they want to continue playing together
great point mate, I like Kalkee trying to lure both Landt's but I'm afraid jack Landt's time is up...?
jack lack of commitment and passion to win is a real downfall in his game. Maybe one or two seasons at a club like kalkee playing 1s with the likes of mitch mills and Tarkyn Benbow could help his attitude a bit? thoughts?

great point mate, I like Kalkee trying to lure both Landt's but I'm afraid jack Landt's time is up...?
jack lack of commitment and passion to win is a real downfall in his game. Maybe one or two seasons at a club like kalkee playing 1s with the likes of mitch mills and Tarkyn Benbow could help his attitude a bit? thoughts?
any thoughts here lads

Week 1 finals:

Sat: NQ v Rup @ Harrow
Sun: Laharum v Pimp @ Pimp?

Will they swap the locations around given pimp get home ground advantage? They usually adjust finals venues based on the end ladder position of the senior teams?

Week 1 finals:

Sat: NQ v Rup @ Harrow
Sun: Laharum v Pimp @ Pimp?

Will they swap the locations around given pimp get home ground advantage? They usually adjust finals venues based on the end ladder position of the senior teams?
Sounded like "no" based on what they were saying on the radio i.e. it's @ Pimp. Kinda unfair to Laharum if that's the case, but they are travelling a lot better than Pimp right now so it shouldn't make any difference. Great effort by Laharum this year.

Does anyone know the details of what got the Pimp coach suspended?

Anyone know glascott from nati? Played some seniors and looked good while doing it. He should look to take his 17s team deep in to finals like last year… could work on some footy smarts and work rate but good player

Anyone know glascott from nati? Played some seniors and looked good while doing it. He should look to take his 17s team deep in to finals like last year… could work on some footy smarts and work rate but good player
i was actually at the Natimuk vs Stawell game this weekend and jee did that kid have some talent. yes he had the flaw here and there but his decision making and football skills are elite! he set up foward goals from the mid and helped defend when needed. he will be be exiting to watch in this years finals. kid has a bright future ahead of him just needs to stick at it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was actually at the Natimuk vs Stawell game this weekend and jee did that kid have some talent. yes he had the flaw here and there but his decision making and football skills are elite! he set up foward goals from the mid and helped defend when needed. he will be be exiting to watch in this years finals. kid has a bright future ahead of him just needs to stick at it!!!

Wouldn’t say elite, his a bit of a sook which I think is his downfall very undisciplined. Needs to stand up when the moment is big which I don’t think he does, showing in last years grand final.

A couple of one sided games coming up this weekend. HDFL should look to return to a final 5 with only 11 teams now.

N/Q should be way to strong for Rup with the Bombers comfortable 9 goal winners in their last match two weeks ago.

Pimpinio are finals pretenders with only one win (Kaniva) in their last 5 games including a lost to Taylor's Lake. Laharum too good here even with the Tigers home ground advantage.

Interesting to see what the HDFL/clubs to with a post season review with their U17 competition. Edenhope forfeited their last 2 games of the year and as it stands Stawell Swifts, Taylor's Lake, Harrow Balmoral & Edenhope won't field sides next year. I'm sure the AFL will say Auskick numbers are at an all time high and all that rubbish.

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those changes in junior rules have really hurt the smaller HDFL clubs. But as you said, the AFL will do nothing and just pretend there are no issues. Hugely disappointing. If it is allowed to continue it will mean the death of clubs, because juniors, families, and thus the future of the club will instead go somewhere else where they can actually get a game.

I think back to a final five is a good idea too. 3rd vs 6th is probably too big a gap across most grades of football and netball. And it means finishing 3rd doesn't even get you a second chance like the old system.

If I recall correctly, HB did get to the Grand Final against Giants the first year this system was introduced - but the only reason they were sixth was because of a bunch of injuries. Playing every week of the finals turned it into a very tough ask though.

Interesting that HB have gone through their second home and away season undefeated. The last team to do that decided to make the move to the WFNL. I know it won't happen for a whole bunch of reasons, but evening the two leagues out at ten and ten would be nice.

How strong are their Twos likely to be? NQ going back to back?
NQ should be favourites. With HB's senior team not playing this week it will limit their 2s selection. Kalkee the only team without a senior team in finals. I think they'll get a few back from the ones now and could be a smokey.

Last edited:
You know the league is just about on its last legs when a team defeats another in a final by 140 odd points. How can that be any what sustainable. Embarrassing for country league footy.

You know the league is just about on its last legs when a team defeats another in a final by 140 odd points. How can that be any what sustainable. Embarrassing for country league footy.
Massive gap between the top 3 and the rest. The weather tomorrow could be the only thing keeping the game close. Laharum way too strong for Pimp.

Last edited:
Massive gap between the top 3 and the rest. The weather tomorrow could be the only thing keeping the game close. Laharum way too strong for Pimp.

Pimp get it done against the grain! A wasted second quarter from the Dees kicking 2 goals 6 with a 5 goal breeze and a 3rd quarter blitz from the tigers were the key elements in Pimpinio breaking their Finals drought. Mathew Rosier looked a class above the rest out there with his silky left foot and Mackay Baker shut down the impact of Shannon Argall. Robbie Miller was good for the Dees but did all his work behind the ball leaving Pimp to be to strong at the contests further up the ground. Tough ask for the tigers next week against The NQ Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back