Heath Shaw's smother

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing's for sure.....Saint Nick will never forget it as long as he lives as he thought of it as the easiest of goal in his life........but it will come back and haunt him.
There is NO such thing as an easy goal.
We all saw it today.
Well done Shaw...Uncle Ray will luv ya more.:thumbsu:

That was a great Grand Final moment right there, that was one of the first moments I thought maybe the day was ours.

Their yips in front of goal were great too. :p

In context...their yips were greater than anything collingwood could muster for the whole year. Well played Sam Gilbert!

To the OP: that was THE moment the pies really really believed. Handy that it happened so early. Fair to say i'm pretty happy right now!

I thought it was Heater's best game in ages.

Well done young man, excorcised the demons for your Dad as well as you and your brother in one fell swoop!

If Goddard's mark last week was the best mark in a GF, surely that was the best smother seen in a GF........

That picture is great, we just need it a few seconds earlier in the capture with Heath in the picture.

there u go mate , enjoy!

110dl6r.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The smother on Friewoldt, and Friewoldt's pathetic effort to duck his head later in the game, sum up what a tosser this bloke is. He has talent, no doubt, but he's mentally weak.

"That's a nice mark of respect there". LOL.

The defining moment of the 2010 Grand Final and the moment they will replay for years to come.

Tom Harley's comment was the most intelligent thing i have heard him say!

By the way Harley, where were Steele's votes you goose!

The smother on Friewoldt, and Friewoldt's pathetic effort to duck his head later in the game, sum up what a tosser this bloke is. He has talent, no doubt, but he's mentally weak.

"That's a nice mark of respect there". LOL.

hahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahaha, perfection in a post

As well as being a brilliant moment, it possibly changed the course of the match. It was, what, 14-zip at that stage?? Would have gone to 14-6...momentum shift...Riewaldt gathers confidence etc etc.

As it was, I think the ball went down to our goal with McCafe kicking one. St Kilda kicked a string of points and Riewaldt exerted no influence on the match. For a proud man who has taken it on himself to try and carry that team to a Flag, I think it will haunt him forever as there is no way he could have missed the set shot. On top of that, I'm not at all convinced that St Kilda will be able to get up again. At very most, they may have one more crack in this cycle of their premiership clock.

Here's the right smother pic:
svNICK12-600x400.jpg

And if you want the whole thing? Look here.

Nice, ofey, very nice (btw, wtf is "ofey"?? Personally, am thinking of swapping my moniker from "September Action" to "October Victory").

This pic captures the exact moment when St Nick thinks all is good with the world and the second before it all turns to s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back