Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stll do not know who Gravy is-The only one I know is the West Indian guy who does or maybe that should be used to do party tricks in the cricket in the West Indies

Stll do not know who Gravy is-The only one I know is the West Indian guy who does or maybe that should be used to do party tricks in the cricket in the West Indies

ha ha was wondering long to that bearded dude got a mention :thumbsu:

Is Murphy a done deal? Is that why he missed a few games late for Heidelberg perhaps :eek:

ha ha was wondering long to that bearded dude got a mention :thumbsu:

Is Murphy a done deal? Is that why he missed a few games late for Heidelberg perhaps :eek:

I think it was documented in the Herald Sun late in the year as to why he missed those game late in the season :D

Any news on the coach at Huntly.. Heard theyve spoke with Danny O'bree. Looked into Mitro but was already going to Marcorna. now theyve lost Gears they might be in for anothr long haul... need a top line coach/player real soon..

Any news on the coach at Huntly.. Heard theyve spoke with Danny O'bree. Looked into Mitro but was already going to Marcorna. now theyve lost Gears they might be in for anothr long haul... need a top line coach/player real soon..

Haha yeah now they have lost gears they might be in for another long haul. You mean a continued long haul not another it's still a current haul. Is gears a great loss? What did he achieve there?

Haha yeah now they have lost gears they might be in for another long haul. You mean a continued long haul not another it's still a current haul. Is gears a great loss? What did he achieve there?

He kicked 75% of their goals in one game last year, thats a fair achievement.

Only problem is, Huntly only kicked 4 for the day :eek:

robins is trying to square away the snr. coaching job at e/hawk isnt he :confused: mounts wood run 2nd to that job wot with all the driving and suchlike

Why do you On the left always bag Huntly?? Looking back at your posts you seem to like kicking a dog while its down? I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd all like to see them competitive week in week out. You can't reinvent the wheel in a day. The good thing is they have two blokes running the club a former vcfl administrator & a BFL board member so that can only help. We all know they need to recruit to complement the kids they have coming through and hopefully they do. What they don't need is w***ers like you taking pot shots.. I think they know they have been poor. Do you need to keep reminding them.. Big man..

Hey blokes,

Me and four mates are looking at having a go playing footy in the country. Leitchville looks like the choice at the moment being one of us has a place nearby. We are all senior players in the Northern Football League Division 2 but under the age of 25. Can anyone tell me what the standard is like?

Also do you get alot of guys coming from Melbourne to play? How does it work with training, remuneration, etc. We have figured we could train in melbourne. Maybe train once a fortnight at the club. Then drive up friday nights, play saturday and drive home sundays.

Just wondering if many blokes do this sorta thing in the league?

Why do you On the left always bag Huntly?? Looking back at your posts you seem to like kicking a dog while its down? I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd all like to see them competitive week in week out. You can't reinvent the wheel in a day. The good thing is they have two blokes running the club a former vcfl administrator & a BFL board member so that can only help. We all know they need to recruit to complement the kids they have coming through and hopefully they do. What they don't need is w***ers like you taking pot shots.. I think they know they have been poor. Do you need to keep reminding them.. Big man

Your language is offensive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey blokes,

Me and four mates are looking at having a go playing footy in the country. Leitchville looks like the choice at the moment being one of us has a place nearby. We are all senior players in the Northern Football League Division 2 but under the age of 25. Can anyone tell me what the standard is like?

Also do you get alot of guys coming from Melbourne to play? How does it work with training, remuneration, etc. We have figured we could train in melbourne. Maybe train once a fortnight at the club. Then drive up friday nights, play saturday and drive home sundays.

kobzta,

I have played with leitchville quite a bit and also had a year in dv 2nd division before it become northern...its hard to compare the standards as i found dv a bit slower and more congested compared to heathcote which seems to be a fairly free flowing style. my personal opinion though is that leitchville would normally have put out a side that would be competive in what use to be dv 2nd division ( probably not up with the greens boroughs and whittleseas but would be beating the lower sides comfortably). If you guys are established senior players in northern 2nd div u shouldnt have much dramas in heathcote.

the club moved into heathcote to attract players from echuca/bendigo/melbourne as it eased travel commitments. there is actually 3 games in bendigo and a few more located around heathcote so there would be at least half a dozen trips for the year where you could easily travel up on saturday mornings and back after games... i can think of 2 other guys at least that will be travelling from melbourne next year and it still early days.

Hey blokes,

The standard would be about even,like all comps your top 3 or 4 will always stand out,H/cote have played D/Creek for the last 2 years in practice matches beat D/Creek last year we were premiers and i think D/Creek played in the finals and will playing them again in a practice match

The standard would be about even,like all comps your top 3 or 4 will always stand out,H/cote have played D/Creek for the last 2 years in practice matches beat D/Creek last year we were premiers and i think D/Creek played in the finals and will playing them again in a practice match
Ah Diamond Creek, home of Heath Shaw and Jack Anthony. Just as well those boys aren't running around for them now !!

By the way - if Leicthville Gunbower seems a bit too far to drive every Saturday morning, Strathfieldsaye might be a better alternative !! We too have a few boys travel up each Saturday morning from Melb. Bendigo FNL would be on par with Div 1 Northern league as a guide.

Why do you On the left always bag Huntly?? Looking back at your posts you seem to like kicking a dog while its down? I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd all like to see them competitive week in week out. You can't reinvent the wheel in a day. The good thing is they have two blokes running the club a former vcfl administrator & a BFL board member so that can only help. We all know they need to recruit to complement the kids they have coming through and hopefully they do. What they don't need is w***ers like you taking pot shots.. I think they know they have been poor. Do you need to keep reminding them.. Big man

Your language is offensive!

Ha ha good comeback....

Just posted this on the LVFL thread and thought I might add to the White Hills news, they are having a huge crack.

This is my mail FWIW:

Bowles - South.

Midfielder/Winger - K-Flat

Richardson and Rogers + potentially a couple more - Calivil

Chapman + Key defender - Miti

On-ballers - Serp

Also heard going back a while that two mates, one from Eaglehawk a regular senior the other has played some footy in this league up until last season are a chance.

Not going to reveal some of the names as they are mates of mine, but there ya go. Apologise for the cryptic post but you know.

Just posted this on the LVFL thread and thought I might add to the White Hills news, they are having a huge crack.

This is my mail FWIW:

Bowles - South.

Midfielder/Winger - K-Flat

Richardson and Rogers + potentially a couple more - Calivil

Chapman + Key defender - Miti

On-ballers - Serp

Also heard going back a while that two mates, one from Eaglehawk a regular senior the other has played some footy in this league up until last season are a chance.

Not going to reveal some of the names as they are mates of mine, but there ya go. Apologise for the cryptic post but you know.

Good luck to them, but lets be honest....Serp Onballers...wow!! haha. Where would they have played in Heathcotes side this year.....?

Good luck to them, but lets be honest....Serp Onballers...wow!! haha. Where would they have played in Heathcotes side this year.....?

Good point, but if it's Shaw from Serp, thats a very handy pick up that kid can play! Think you would make room on the ground somewhere for him.

:rolleyes:

Let's be honest, that's fools logic.

Put it this way, by your way of thinking Dean Cox and Daniel Kerr wouldn't get a game at Collingwood either.

One of their strengths, maybe their only, was the games of their young on-ballers this year.

The KITC was pretty close to the mark...
http://**********************/?p=4078

I'd like to think I was spot on ;)

Didn't see the Lehane, Williams or the other two from MCDFL coming but I'm not exactly in the inner sanctum at WH either.

Can't really see Williams adding a lot to be honest but as the article says, they wanted blokes who have been there and done that, and he's been in some quite successful, albeit reserves, sides.

There will be more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back