Heathcote DFL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo Addy said today Gavin Bowles was knocked out early in the third quarter in the Hillies/Heathcote game. Anyone see what happened? Saw Gavin cop a bit a couple of weeks ago from some sniping little germ from Colbo but the umpires woke up to what was going on in that game.

Anyone able to provide a summary of the Colbo - Lockington game?

Sounds like it was a great battle.

Arm wrestle. plenty of poor umpire decisions, including goals that were points that went Locky's way. Colbo ran the game out and held off.

U'll find there are no dodgy hits coming from colbo's tagger. Bowles was well held against them.

Interesting to see Damian Lock in the interleague side. If they are picking on form, he has only played one game and not named in the best. No doubt up to it but there must be a few unlucky and unhappy players out there. But good luck to him.

I thought the same thing when I read it in the paper and then I thought to myself that if I was playing I'd be rapt to have him in the side with me. I think it is great that he is so keen to play. Also he may be thinking that it is good for him to have a run considerng the amount of games he has missed. Looking forward to getting up there and having a look

I thought the same thing when I read it in the paper and then I thought to myself that if I was playing I'd be rapt to have him in the side with me. I think it is great that he is so keen to play. Also he may be thinking that it is good for him to have a run considerng the amount of games he has missed. Looking forward to getting up there and having a look

This, would be all about the extra run in the legs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me who made the HDFL interleague side. The Addy haven't posted it on their website, either has the HDFL website and either has central vic footy, which is a pretty ordinary effort from all involved I reckon. I'm not in Bendigo anymore and would love to know!!
Cheers

Nearly halfway through.. any predictions on who's playing finals?
Should be pretty tight for 4th and 5th, Mounts still in for a show?

The Top 3, on form, is likely to be LBU, Colbo and Huntly

The next 3 positions can realistically only be filled by Heathcote, White Hills and North Bendigo. There will be a lot riding on the clashes between these three teams in the second half of the year.

Mounts and Elmore lack the depth and consistency to be able to challenge for a finals berth

On a closing note, start talking about interesting footy related topics please - rather than petty squabbles from yesteryear

I'll back Heathcote into finals place either 3rd or 4th. I think they might end up in front of Huntly
North's next 5 games determine if they are finals worthy. Huntly, Colbo, White Hills, Heathcote, LBU. Pretty tough run and am guessing might win 2 out of 5.
Probably finals chance ends there.
White Hills play LBU,Elmore, North, Mounts, Leitchville G. Could win 4 out of 5.
Proverbial 8 point game when they play each other as this mid season stint will dictate final 5 teams 3-4 weeks in advance of finals.
Cant see upsets but Mounts would have to upset at least 2 of the top 4 to make it IMO.

North's next 5 games determine if they are finals worthy. Huntly, Colbo, White Hills, Heathcote, LBU. Pretty tough run and am guessing might win 2 out of 5.
Probably finals chance ends there.
White Hills play LBU,Elmore, North, Mounts, Leitchville G. Could win 4 out of 5.
Proverbial 8 point game when they play each other. IMO.

Note: after those 5 matches, White Hills play Huntly, Colbo, Heathcote and LBU. Everyone has the same run.

The Top 3, on form, is likely to be LBU, Colbo and Huntly

The next 3 positions can realistically only be filled by Heathcote, White Hills and North Bendigo. There will be a lot riding on the clashes between these three teams in the second half of the year.

Mounts and Elmore lack the depth and consistency to be able to challenge for a finals berth

On a closing note, start talking about interesting footy related topics please - rather than petty squabbles from yesteryear

yer those away rooms at Mounts are rubbish. Happy

Good on Huntly on win number 5. I remember some einstien saying they wouldn't win six. (post #15 page 2) then got ridiculed by the same poster. Tosspot. LBU back in town:thumbsu:

Good on Huntly on win number 5. I remember some einstien saying they wouldn't win six. (post #15 page 2) then got ridiculed by the same poster. Tosspot. LBU back in town:thumbsu:
what a great win for Heathcote 2day out played Locky all around the ground,Mellington was great up forward,Locky Denouf was fantastic around the ground and Brenton Conforti done a fantastic job up back, i will not go on you will read how Heathcote beat Locky in the Bendigo Addy

Hay Chad,i know people like to hear footy talk on Big Footy but i really think other footy supporters would be supprised that not 1 Locky footballer stayed back an had a drink after the game on Saturday night, and i have been told by other clubs this not the first time;it only seems to happen when Locky get beaten you would have thought Locky would have learnt from there disgracefull effort when they did not stay on the ground for the presentations after the G/F at Colbinabbin shame shame shame

Anyone know what happened in the mounts v huntly game. Sounds like goal umpires have made a blue. Scores 17.11 to 15.11 but adding up the goal kickers in the addy they have 16 goals each.

The tibbinator is a little disappointed with recent activity on the HDFL posting so here are some talking points for you all which will hopefully spark conversation.

1: Ryan Semmell was the only HDFL player to make the District Squad yet the GDFL whom the HDFL beat has 5 in the squad: can HDFL be entitled to feeling a little ripped off?

2: Central Vic Footy is off the boil, as an avid rumor monger; the Tibb feels that there is a lack of reporting on the Heatcote and Bendigo leagues on this website. Who agrees?

3: Who do you think is leading the B and F at your club at the halfway mark?

Frustrating last couple of weeks for my old mob having pushed Huntly and Colbo but not being able to get the points. Would have really opened up the chance of a finals spot if they could have snagged those 2

Aint been on for a look for a bit but it's great to see the Bi Gump and Chad still at it, and one of my all time fave HDFL posters in The Tibbernator has been back for cameo. The best thing about Tibbernator is that he hears things!!! Oh and Huntly, even though I recognise one name, it's great to see them up the top of the table. How long since the Hawks contested senior finals? I remember we (B'ford) beat them in the '96 prelim, surely it aint been that long???

Remove this Banner Ad

Heathcote DFL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back