Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Forms a triangle with Leitchy and heatchote, nothing to really complain about in travel compared to some. Don’t see why it couldn’t work

It’s almost a 2 hour trip to gunbower. Plus you’ve got lockington and Heathcote.

I’m on record as saying that travel shouldn’t be the main factor but I just don’t see how Maryborough fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s almost a 2 hour trip to gunbower. Plus you’ve got lockington and Heathcote.

I’m on record as saying that travel shouldn’t be the main factor but I just don’t see how Maryborough fit
That almost 2 hours is in just about every league no difference going to Rokewood for them

Why would the Heathcote League want a Maryborough in the competition, when they wouldn’t be competitive in it. That should be looking at taking one of either Marong or MGYCW, and nothing more. There’s also no need to bring in a team, that introduces a massive travel increase.

Having said that, I’d expect AFLCV to interfere in the next few years and try to cover over the cracks of the stuff up that is the Bendigo football League.

Why would the Heathcote League want a Maryborough in the competition, when they wouldn’t be competitive in it. That should be looking at taking one of either Marong or MGYCW, and nothing more. There’s also no need to bring in a team, that introduces a massive travel increase.

Having said that, I’d expect AFLCV to interfere in the next few years and try to cover over the cracks of the stuff up that is the Bendigo football League.

Heathcote league has voted previously to allow both Marong and Maiden Gully to join but been overruled each time

There's been a lot of heresay

Always is.

Due to population and junior numbers both Maiden Gully make sense to the Bendigo League but as I’ve said many times on here, Maiden Gully’s senior club needs massive change off field if they want to move forward no matter which league they compete in

Anyone else heard a rumour that Skinny Baird will be heading back to Mounts?

White Hills vs North Bendigo looking like a juicy grand final (very early call I know it’s June)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back