Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If people want to watch a game why shouldn't they be expected to pay for each game? The Game doesn't cost any less to stage on multiple days.

I’ve always thought it’s wrong junior netball is charged admission fees at any times.

Costs stuff all to run netball, player rego more than covers it. Umpires costs are low, no grass to cut or turf to maintain, lines hardly need painting etc.

Just being used as a cash cow to fund footy or in finals case the hub really.

I’ve always thought it’s wrong junior netball is charged admission fees at any times.

Costs stuff all to run netball, player rego more than covers it. Umpires costs are low, no grass to cut or turf to maintain, lines hardly need painting etc.

How do you know who's only watching junior netball?

You don’t, but for the tiny amount of parents that might hang around for 2,3 or 4 hours to watch the footy, I think it wouldn’t cause much of an issue to let them in for free.
I think you'd see a incredible rise in the amount of people "just here to watch the kids netball."

I think you'd see a incredible rise in the amount of people "just here to watch the kids netball."

Just issue each kid with two passes for every game and problem solved.

While we are at it we should all stop charging admission for any players bar senior football and a grade netball as well in my opinion.

Just issue each kid with two passes for every game and problem solved.

While we are at it we should all stop charging admission for any players bar senior football and a grade netball as well in my opinion.
What if the parents are divorced? Step parents have to pay? How about grandparents?

What if the parents are divorced? Step parents have to pay? How about grandparents?

Means any kid can be accompanied by two caregivers free of charge which seems about right to me. So people would use less or more but it’s a good middle ground.

But I’d have no problem dropping admission fees altogether either. Suspect clubs would make most of it back with more other sales anyway.

It will be interesting to see what comes of it, Heathcote stated some bylaws were not followed correctly.

I'm sure there is a clause 15 section 2 blah blah blah that states eveything is up to the discretion of the board blah blah blah to save their backside in a situation like this.

It will be interesting to see what comes of it, Heathcote stated some bylaws were not followed correctly.

I'm sure there is a clause 15 section 2 blah blah blah that states eveything is up to the discretion of the board blah blah blah to save their backside in a situation like this.

What should come of it?

I think your missing the point of the Heathcote footy league forrest. The Heathcote league is majority small communities who enjoy a day at the footy, many families stay for the whole day.

Maybe in major league, it might have some merit but not in community based leagues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I’d have no problem dropping admission fees altogether either. Suspect clubs would make most of it back with more other sales anyway.

No way, no chance. At my club the gate is worth 40-50K a year with a final. No chance of recouping that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heathcote DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back