Heathcote DFL Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
arab, never said they would but to state that huntly would easily make the 5 in the lv is plain ridiculous and i have also seen a game between hills and huntly this year that was plain embarassing.

Its like saying Colbo would make the finals in the BFL, its a pointless arguement.

Huntly would be more competitive in the LV and maybe win a few more games but to say they would walk into 5th is easier said than done.

I think the sooner the LV and HDFL merge to a two division comp the better, with the top two sides from divy two go up and the bottom two sides from divy 1 drop down each season.
At the moment that would mean 8 sides in each division which gits rid of the bye for both leagues.
Also they should showcase the finals at the QEO or atleast the granny.
Then maybe in a few years if the divy 1 standard becomes strong enough the Bfl could also join making it a 3 tierd comp with the promotion and religation sysytem still in place.
How rewarding would be for a club that goe's from being competitive in 3rd divy to winning the 3rd divy flag then in a few years progress to winning the 2nd divy flag and a few years later win the 1st divy flag.

The religation and promotion system prevents top sides in the lower division becoming too dominant and also prevents the bottom sides in divy 1 & 2 having continious lean or even winless seasons.

I believe it would create alot more interest in the Bendigo area, especially from a sponsors point of view because a sponsor could get more coverage if it was the Bendigo region football league opposed to just one comp.

I also think it would develop players to become more loyal to their clubs.

Agree?

Its like saying Colbo would make the finals in the BFL, its a pointless arguement.

Huntly would be more competitive in the LV and maybe win a few more games but to say they would walk into 5th is easier said than done.

I think the sooner the LV and HDFL merge to a two division comp the better, with the top two sides from divy two go up and the bottom two sides from divy 1 drop down each season.
At the moment that would mean 8 sides in each division which gits rid of the bye for both leagues.
Then maybe in a few years if the divy 1 standard becomes strong enough the Bfl could also join making it a 3 tierd comp with the promotion and religation sysytem still in place.
How rewarding would be for a club that goe's from being competitive in 3rd divy to winning the 3rd divy flag then in a few years progress to winning the 2nd divy flag and a few years later win the 1st divy flag.

The religation and promotion system prevents top sides in the lower division becoming too dominant and also prevents the bottom sides in divy 1 & 2 having continious lean or even winless seasons.

I believe it would create alot more interest in the Bendigo area, especially from a sponsors point of view because a sponsor could get more coverage if it was the Bendigo region football league opposed to just one comp.

Agree?

How many times is this topic going to come up I fully agree, for christ sake will the 2 leagues act on it:thumbsu:

Agree?
Any system that promotes club loyalty and hence lowers match payments has got to be good for grass roots footy. The Division 1 & 2 has simply got to happen! As clubs raise concerns with the VCFL about lack of competiveness (and I believe Huntly is NOT the only club to do this) the more likely it will eventually happen. It would be great to see the VCFL initiate a regional discussion on this issue over the off-season.

What would be a good name for this combined league? I'm gonna go with "Golden City Football League". Has that been done?:eek:

Fantom

haha brilliant and original idea!!! Fantom to be the new area manager for the VCFL!! Honestly I think the VCFL need to look at this type of system across the whole state. There are so many leagues and clubs in the same situation. The Central Murray League and Golden Rivers League up near home are in almost an identical situation to the LVFL and HDFL.

They like to wait till everything is falling apart. Picola had about 15-16 teams in the league until they split it in two divs. What would div one look like?

Colbo
Heathcote
Elmore
LBU
Calival
Pyramid
Miti
North
Marong

Div 2:
Huntly
Hills
Mounts
YCW
Serp
Inglewood
Newy
Bridgy

Or do you go by recent success? Its Norths first year as a resonable team, will they be competitive next year. Mounts never stay down for long

They like to wait till everything is falling apart. Picola had about 15-16 teams in the league until they split it in two divs. What would div one look like?

Colbo
Heathcote
Elmore
LBU
Calival
Pyramid
Miti
North
Marong

Div 2:
Huntly
Hills
Mounts
YCW
Serp
Inglewood
Newy
Bridgy

Or do you go by recent success? Its Norths first year as a resonable team, will they be competitive next year. Mounts never stay down for long

Nesko nesko nesko Mounts would surely be in Div 1 regardless of this years result.

The people in charge at Huntly love the club. They are the right people to run it. The Pres and VP are as passionate about their team as anyone I have seen. The club is going better off-field and now have their own social rooms, which are a major bonus to clubs.

Don’t worry about Huntly, I have heard that their president has been talking with a very highly regarded Bendigo FL coach about the possibility of coaching the Hawks in 2010.

This coach will not cost the Hawks the world (given his experience is at junior level, under 18’s and a brief stint as a senior assistant) but I reckon he will bring a number of talented Bendigo and district players between the ages of 19 and 24.

He is the hardest working coach I have ever met. Tactically he is superior to a number of his peers and he is also highly accredited. Should Huntly choose him as their coach in 2010 I see finals by 2011 with 2010 not unrealistic.

Seriously watch this space, Huntly could be big movers in the HDFL in 2010.

Don’t worry about Huntly, I have heard that their president has been talking with a very highly regarded Bendigo FL coach about the possibility of coaching the Hawks in 2010.

This coach will not cost the Hawks the world (given his experience is at junior level, under 18’s and a brief stint as a senior assistant) but I reckon he will bring a number of talented Bendigo and district players between the ages of 19 and 24.

He is the hardest working coach I have ever met. Tactically he is superior to a number of his peers and he is also highly accredited. Should Huntly choose him as their coach in 2010 I see finals by 2011 with 2010 not unrealistic.

M.Ellis????

Nope it isn't Mark Ellis.

This guy won a BJFL coach of the year award in possibly 2006??? and is currently involved at Kangaroo Flat.

so I'm Guessing your involved at K Flat and Know this how from Huntly. considering that Huntly are happy with the way the club is progessing after a well structered game against a hight ranked Heathcote team ...

funny how did you get this information ??? that the bloke you are talking about do u know if he has spoken to Huntly then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so I'm Guessing your involved at K Flat and Know this how from Huntly. considering that Huntly are happy with the way the club is progessing after a well structered game against a hight ranked Heathcote team ...

funny how did you get this information ??? that the bloke you are talking about do u know if he has spoken to Huntly then?

Bob, I have read what you have been saying on the Bendigo FL site, I guess you are a fan of the current Hawk coach? Or at least a friend of his brother.

I’m no longer involved at K/Flat, I was a few years back but. I have seen this bloke I mention coach about 25 games and he is a gun.

I know the man I mentioned applied for the Huntly coaching role from a friend of mine that he has talked to about going to play if he gets a senior coach job. I think, but I am not sure, but I think my mate said the guy has watched the Hawks this year and talked to the Pres.

The man I am talking about should get a chance as I said hes a gun.

Bob, I have read what you have been saying on the Bendigo FL site, I guess you are a fan of the current Hawk coach? Or at least a friend of his brother.

I’m no longer involved at K/Flat, I was a few years back but. I have seen this bloke I mention coach about 25 games and he is a gun.

I know the man I mentioned applied for the Huntly coaching role from a friend of mine that he has talked to about going to play if he gets a senior coach job. I think, but I am not sure, but I think my mate said the guy has watched the Hawks this year and talked to the Pres.

The man I am talking about should get a chance as I said hes a gun.

So KT Tosser, have you discussed a renumeration package with them yet?:D:D

Fantom

He certainly wont be chasing me maggot, I am a dud. LVFL 2's is as high as i'll make.

I am sure the person you are talking about is not the only suitable applicant. and i am quite certain thatHuntly won't be the only team he looks at......

I speak to alot of clubs myself but dont have any intentions of leaving....
do u know if even knows the club contacts or not?

he is a good coach but he hasnt been approached to take the job at huntly, i am sure they will contact him if he applies for the job...........

like many other clubs they also seek expressions of intreast but stay with their internal coach

Jamie Hogan?

Colbo
Heathcote
Elmore
LBU
Calival
Pyramid
Miti
North
Marong

Div 2:
Huntly
Hills
Mounts
YCW
Serp
Inglewood
Newy
Bridgy

'Falling apart'? Speak for your own league. LVFL is running along nicely, why would it want to go into this setup?

Longest travel time to an away game at the moment is under an hour for any team.

We have a good number of teams (9 - allowing for the bye)

The comp is as even as it has been for a long time, with all five teams in the finals being very capable of winning the premiership.

The bottom teams have all had a win, including a few big upsets.

Maybe your just better off bringing gunbower/leachville in and keeping the leagues seperate.

'Falling apart'? Speak for your own league. LVFL is running along nicely, why would it want to go into this setup?

Longest travel time to an away game at the moment is under an hour for any team.

We have a good number of teams (9 - allowing for the bye)

The comp is as even as it has been for a long time, with all five teams in the finals being very capable of winning the premiership.

The bottom teams have all had a win, including a few big upsets.

Maybe your just better off bringing gunbower/leachville in and keeping the leagues seperate.

I didnt say LV was falling apart. People were asking when will the VCFL step in because there is alot of clubs/leagues who are in trouble or having clubs leave their leagues (BDFL, BFL etc) and I was using Picola as an example about how they had a ridiculous situation and it wasnt untill they reaced this that somthing was done.

Roota, thats what I ment by do you go by this year or by the last 5-10 years. "Mounts never stay down for long".

lol at Pinnacle.

When was Jamie Hogan aligned with Kangaroo Flat?

Bob2, i have no doubt there will be plenty of applicants for vacant coaching roles and im sure he will apply if jobs open. i think if Huntly wants success they will go for the man i mentioned.

I have no doubt JUGGA would interested, as it is a SENIOR Coaching Job that he is leaving Kangaroo Flat for!

But in no way is he being head hunted, he will apply just like everyone else would.

In case anyone is not in the loop about who this may be, Jason Stevens is the man some are discussing here.

IMO he will make a great coach. Straight forward, good tactically and can recruit (albeit at the level he has coached). The very few senior players who have progressed thru the juniors at K-Flat like McNish and Lang would be very tempted to follow their old mate I reckon...

In case anyone is not in the loop about who this may be, Jason Stevens is the man some are discussing here.

IMO he will make a great coach. Straight forward, good tactically and can recruit (albeit at the level he has coached). The very few senior players who have progressed thru the juniors at K-Flat like McNish and Lang would be very tempted to follow their old mate I reckon...

FYI the players he has coached and are playing or played senior football at kangaroo flat

Beazil (chris wilmont)
Mc NIsh
Lang
Brooks
Lehane
Manning Brothers
Daniel Crowe
Mitch Holt
Wiz
Ash Benbow
Billy White
Matt Weigard
Dylan Chlosey
Ben Hughes
Jim Mcgrath Hudson
(all still at the club and all palyed senior footy this year)

very few ey ???

Colbo
Heathcote
Elmore
LBU
Calival
Pyramid
Miti
North
Marong

Div 2:
Huntly
Hills
Mounts
YCW
Serp
Inglewood
Newy
Bridgy

The PDFL was split up into 2 leagues based on travel time and not how successful a club had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back