Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had heard a rumour they were chasing Jason Lloyd and Clint Ward. Not sure how they go now adays, but Ward used to be a pretty handy full back in his prime, and Lloyd was a dangerous small forward.

You said a few pages ago that you played in the NCFL, which club??

Yep, last 2 sessions infact. Had a fall off his motorbike 2 weeks back, so is fairly limited as to how much he can do at the moment.

Dare say e'hawk will try make our life tough as far as getting the clearence to go through, which they are more than entitled to do I guess.

Not sure about the clearance issue, was talking to the big dex the other day as he was running around the Kennington res and he was saing that they will clear anyone that puts in a clearance. Not intrested in blokes that are not 100% committed to the 2 blues. In saying this i have not been on the clearance site for a few days.

Huntly; I haven't trained last few weeks cause of work BUT i think this is it
- Out's, the 2 burkes (pending clearances), Manly (again pending), Curls (believe Club will grant clearance once lodged), Others unsighted at training; Tom Dempster, Wes Bell, Shaun Kellow.
In's - at this stage only 1 confirmed; Ex Square/Hay player Jermey Winzar, Plus Dion Alfed will play this year after Breaking ankle in last pracy match last year and Geary will right for round 1. There is talk of E/hawk midfielder (name kept under wraps) and highly likely more St Arnaud boys coming across to play with Ezard and Clohesy. Few key losses and nothing of note signed as yet - hoping the E/Hawk and St Arnaud rumours come true.............

Hasn't winz played at huntly before and from memory he didn't tear it up then so why would he now? Hawks might struggle especially without curls floating accross half back (jason cloke style).:D

As far as I am aware Grinton is going around again. He is running the pre season camp in a couple of weeks. There are some outs, but there are some ins to come so we will be there abouts i would think

Heard the diamond valleys season may not go ahead, also a rumour that if it doesnt then Matty Pascoe could be a chance to return to mounts. If Brown plays as well, who would you play at chf:eek:!

how likley is it that there season wouldnt go ahead?
it would be great to see pascoe running around for the navy blues again.

would be great allright, he is a legend. would flog any current chb.

would be great allright, he is a legend. would flog any current chb.

I would be mighty surprised if the Diamond Valley didn't go ahead.
It was interesting that Pascoe found himself a fringe player back at Bundoora last season think he may have played more reserves. I didn't see much of him is his reputation built around the his whole season at Mounts or more of the impact he had in the Grand Final??

I would be mighty surprised if the Diamond Valley didn't go ahead.
It was interesting that Pascoe found himself a fringe player back at Bundoora last season think he may have played more reserves. I didn't see much of him is his reputation built around the his whole season at Mounts or more of the impact he had in the Grand Final??

I think you'll find OTM that Pascoe had a bad run of injuries last season which keeped him out a fair bit but was still picked in the grand final team so you would think he was in there best 18, but i do agree with you the DVFL will still go ahead this season in my opinion.
Also heard Roy Shannon could staying bendigo now because of a new job anyone else heard this rummor?

Also heard Roy Shannon could staying bendigo now because of a new job anyone else heard this rummor?
haven't heard it but hope it's true and he stays at mounts. awesome footy player hard fast and tough, dissapointing to see him leave

Packa would go straight into the centre. He could play anywhere. He is the best player I have ever seen in my 25 years of watching footy.

Seen Mick Galvin the other night at Trevor Arthur & Bobbie Simpson's engaggement party he has put on about 15kgs hope North have picked up some talent if he was the B n F winner last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about the clearance issue, was talking to the big dex the other day as he was running around the Kennington res and he was saing that they will clear anyone that puts in a clearance. Not intrested in blokes that are not 100% committed to the 2 blues. In saying this i have not been on the clearance site for a few days.

Sloth i hope your right. But based upon the rather heated phone call recieved by our President on Wednesday night from Mr Filo the day after the clearence had been lodged, Im more inclined to think this one might go the distance!
Only time will tell.

As for other leagues not starting or even having a season, how confident are we that the HDFL will even go ahead, based on the more than likely chance of slim to no rain in the next couple of months. How many grounds would be fit for play, and how much damage would it do it financially to clubs (especially those within Bendigo) if they are forced to move home games to out of town venues, possibly on Sundays?

Id hate to see it come to that obviously, as a big chunk of the reason we play the game is to enjoy a bevvy on a Sat night, recalling (and as the booze starts to flow more frequently often exaggerating) our efforts that day! Sunday games wouldnt be much fun, but desperate times I guess mean we have to look at such possible scenarios?

Any thoughts?

An accurate description Bronco. With a few recruits to bolster the backline, Doaky should be happy enough to slog it out in the earlier game. The forward set-up of Silly Hill and Doaky was fairly hot and cold last year. Not much rocket science being discussed up there

I think Jane would be one of the last players Huntly would offer coin to , played a bit in the magoo's out there when Grinton coached and they were playing finals.I understand he had also had a bit to do with Grints & BJ leaving the club....hawkfan might know more

Hasn't winz played at huntly before and from memory he didn't tear it up then so why would he now? Hawks might struggle especially without curls floating accross half back (jason cloke style).:D
Yeah he did play previously for 1 season. Looks like a different guy from when he was here last (half the size) and more commited to footy by the looks of it (hasn't missed a training I know of.) Manly probably the biggest loss to the club and curls will be missed alot down back, more pressure on Billings and co now. 2 burkes didn't have great seasons but will miss their height & will miss Wes Bells training ethos

hawk fan didnt you sign a bombers player mid last season??? if so will he be running around for you boys this year???
yeah Mick Harrington, but moved to melbourne late last year. Doubt he would return. good bloke, loves the p1ss!! First weekend with the Hawks he was out till 6am with the boys letting off a fire extinguishers in a local hostel:D .

Correction, what i meant to say is that its a chance the dv may only play half a season from what i heard.

yeah Mick Harrington, but moved to melbourne late last year. Doubt he would return. good bloke, loves the p1ss!! First weekend with the Hawks he was out till 6am with the boys letting off a fire extinguishers in a local hostel:D .

Sounds like a deadset Muppet to me-letting off a fire extinguisher in a hostel............HERO!

He is coming back to play , , they only got a couple of games out of him last year due to Bombers commitments so not sure how many times he'll be in the Brown & Gold this year.Aparantly the B Bombers arent going to allow their players to run around with their nominated club on Bye weekends?

Guys, how many clubs are training on their grounds.
Most clubs in the BFL seem to be training at alternative destinations due to the condition of their ground, is it the same in the Heathcote league.

W.hills start training back at their ground this week i believe, any hillmen on here can tell me what is was like or how they pulled up, it still looks pretty dry when i drive past on the way to home.
The pipe could'nt come any sooner by the looks of it.

PS.You wan't big muscles , visit now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back