Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled across this article on the in form Heathcote back flanker Dan Carroll in the Age on the weekend

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/sex-by-the-book/2007/09/01/1188067427804.html

If you ask him he reckons he is an expert on the matter too!!!

To you and you're boys Doon, congrats on a fantastic year. You have played a major role in turning the club around from it's past rep. Super effort. Thanks for coming into the shed after the game on Sunday and for being kind to 'The King'. Cheers for the can of Green Slime as well and i look forward to sharing more than one in a session with you in the near future, perhaps at a HDFL or RDFL finals venue.

Ump glad you will be there on sat to get a feel for the ground and conditions. You can let all the boys know about them when we roll up on sunuday.:D Turk has taken your spot in looking after the young lass and even offered her a bed sunday night.:p

Doona, i would like to congratulate you and all the crew down their for your year.. I know you would have been disappointed sunday but your club has gone ahead in leaps and bounds, on and off the field. Anyone that continues to write and talk rubbish about your mob, spectators, ground etc has obviously not ventured down their this year.:thumbsu: Now you can organise the tent;)

I would do anythink to help the club:thumbsu:Your going place's sniffing that out will be up that slippery pole before you no it:D

Settle down old fella, you might have a heart attack. Don't think we would have too many on the track tonight Ump, light night in the stadium behind closed doors.

I see someone has been out delivering spoons,nice one up Red Mans flag pole. Your kids have not come across one in your garden have they??:D

Keep your eye on the paper in the coming weeks????????

Ryan Hayes to goal in extra time (Elmore by under a kick), Broadford by 29 points in the magoo's (Skip Bray and Chris Ball 4 goals each) and youngsters Sam Ezard and David Nash to lead the charge for the Roo 3rds in a close one (11 points).

elmore to slip into grand final after a 10 point win over colbo...

meldrums saints to show they hot hand and beat mounts by 5 goals...
heathcote look like a dangerous wild card heading into the last 3 weeks...

Im alive lads...
sorry to neglect, but ive been busy organising my OS trip - I fly out next week.

few things:

Korto - yeah mate, water boy for me, aparently wasnt good enough to get a 2's game on the weekend. Bit disappointed, but also respect the decision, as I was only avaliable for the first round of the finals anyway and the coach was wanting a settled line up for September.

Roota - your boys face a big challenge this week as the Saints seem to be getting back to where they were at the start of the year with plenty of pace in the side and confidence. With question marks over the fitness of your coach, and Ben McLeary (who are 2 key midfielders) it's going to take a big effort. I expect Nort and Griffin to return to the 1s.

Colbo and Elmore will be a great game. With the inclusion of Grant Weeks to the colbo line up this week, it should sway in the hoppers favor.

Im alive lads...
sorry to neglect, but ive been busy organising my OS trip - I fly out next week.

few things:

Korto - yeah mate, water boy for me, aparently wasnt good enough to get a 2's game on the weekend. Bit disappointed, but also respect the decision, as I was only avaliable for the first round of the finals anyway and the coach was wanting a settled line up for September.

Roota - your boys face a big challenge this week as the Saints seem to be getting back to where they were at the start of the year with plenty of pace in the side and confidence. With question marks over the fitness of your coach, and Ben McLeary (who are 2 key midfielders) it's going to take a big effort. I expect Nort and Griffin to return to the 1s.

Colbo and Elmore will be a great game. With the inclusion of Grant Weeks to the colbo line up this week, it should sway in the hoppers favor.

Is Grant Weeks available to play for Colbo HJ?? That makes things interesting!

Pretty sure the rules have changed this year in that Bombers games do not count for club games; ie neither can play in finals this weekend unless they have played five times for their club. Different rules for Pioneers players though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the rules have changed this year in that Bombers games do not count for club games; ie neither can play in finals this weekend unless they have played five times for their club. Different rules for Pioneers players though.

that's common knowledge, however weeksy missed the first few bombers games due to a foot injury, and although im not 100% certain, i think his name bobbed up on a few 2's team sheets...

that's common knowledge, however weeksy missed the first few bombers games due to a foot injury, and although im not 100% certain, i think his name bobbed up on a few 2's team sheets...

Haha doesnt suprise me. Didnt you do the same thing with Warfey, the only problem was that he wasnt even at the ground you were playing at​

Correct. I think Colbo got a please explain from the league regarding Rowan Warfes name appearing on 2's team sheets when he wasn't even at the game. I would be very surprised if Weeks is qualified.

Correct. I think Colbo got a please explain from the league regarding Rowan Warfes name appearing on 2's team sheets when he wasn't even at the game. I would be very surprised if Weeks is qualified.

No Weeks and no Anderson they needed 5 games and the qualifying through a name on the reserves team sheet isn't allowed. Heathcote though did miss the opportunity to qualify Daniel Anderson he missed a few games with a hamstring and if he had of sat on the bench for Heathcote 2nds in that time he would got to his 5 i'd say.

No Weeks and no Anderson they needed 5 games and the qualifying through a name on the reserves team sheet isn't allowed. Heathcote though did miss the opportunity to qualify Daniel Anderson he missed a few games with a hamstring and if he had of sat on the bench for Heathcote 2nds in that time he would got to his 5 i'd say.

Whats the difference really in sitting an injured player on the bench knowing that he will not play in order to qualify him. And naming a player on the bench if there is room whether he is there or not through injury??

This is an old practice fella's, has gone on for years in some leagues. Some clubs even have dodgy names registered on their list for the occasional ring in - even heard a story a few years back that an alias polled ok in a 2s league medal when in fact the person in question didn't even exist.

In the old CGFL the home club had to have an interchange steward who marked the movements on and off the field - so to get a tick you had to start on the field, or at least take to the field at some point of the game.

Whats the difference really in sitting an injured player on the bench knowing that he will not play in order to qualify him. And naming a player on the bench if there is room whether he is there or not through injury??
They should be allowed to play anyway. These two are both products of the juniors at their respective clubs, kept their original clubs as their choice of where they wanted to play when not invoved with the Bombers so why shouldn't they be allowed to play? F*#k the Bendigo seconds off, it's a waste of time and resources. Sorry Daryl.

This is an old practice fella's, has gone on for years in some leagues. Some clubs even have dodgy names registered on their list for the occasional ring in - even heard a story a few years back that an alias polled ok in a 2s league medal when in fact the person in question didn't even exist.

In the old CGFL the home club had to have an interchange steward who marked the movements on and off the field - so to get a tick you had to start on the field, or at least take to the field at some point of the game.
doona. how you going mate. sorry to see your boys make an early exit from the finals. in your opinion do you think the heathcote have got the players to go all the way to a grand final?

They should be allowed to play anyway. These two are both products of the juniors at their respective clubs, kept their original clubs as their choice of where they wanted to play when not invoved with the Bombers so why shouldn't they be allowed to play? F*#k the Bendigo seconds off, it's a waste of time and resources. Sorry Daryl.
you got that right. the bombers 2nds are a waste of time. look at where they have finished since they were introduce. blokes only want to play there so they might if good enough get a crack at senior level. when they dont or get a gutful of it all they leave.

doona. how you going mate. sorry to see your boys make an early exit from the finals. in your opinion do you think the heathcote have got the players to go all the way to a grand final?

No need to be sorry, ya need to win IMO 10-12 possies on the field to be a chance at winning games of footy and we hardly had a winner. Didn't turn up to play and paid the price.

To be honest (sorry Al) I think Elmore/Colbo are the best equipped sides and will contest the big one - the Saints abilities to cover several key losses will determine their fate this weekend, but have every right to go into the clash confident and if they can get Tommy and Slim enough 1 on 1 ball will win.

In saying that, president Loz and his band of merry men must bust their balls to retain Al, they haven't had Luke Carroll basically all year and with a recruit here or there to compliment some very exciting kids are well placed for a fair dinkum go at it in 2008 :thumbsu:

:eek: Just my opinion fella's . . . .

No need to be sorry, ya need to win IMO 10-12 possies on the field to be a chance at winning games of footy and we hardly had a winner. Didn't turn up to play and paid the price.

To be honest (sorry Al) I think Elmore/Colbo are the best equipped sides and will contest the big one - the Saints abilities to cover several key losses will determine their fate this weekend, but have every right to go into the clash confident and if they can get Tommy and Slim enough 1 on 1 ball will win.

In saying that, president Loz and his band of merry men must bust their balls to retain Al, they haven't had Luke Carroll basically all year and with a recruit here or there to compliment some very exciting kids are well placed for a fair dinkum go at it in 2008 :thumbsu:

:eek: Just my opinion fella's . . . .

A little bird told me Anderson and a couple of his mates from Bendigo could line up with H/Cote sick of bendigo Bombers:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back