Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading your quotes and Hill Bullys you two must be very close both of you seem to be w***ers.:p
Each to their own Jimmy, I'm very honoured that you take the time to read my quotes along with Hill Bully's. Just because we concur on a few things (ie; Singy's got an identity problem and we barrack for the Tiges) doesn't mean we get along or we're involved romantically:D However, to be called a w***er is not so bad, have been called worse!:thumbsu:
Who are you tipping this week pal?

Each to their own Jimmy, I'm very honoured that you take the time to read my quotes along with Hill Bully's. Just because we concur on a few things (ie; Singy's got an identity problem and we barrack for the Tiges) doesn't mean we get along or we're involved romantically:D However, to be called a w***er is not so bad, have been called worse!:thumbsu:
Who are you tipping this week pal?

RWB, Do you think JimmyjUMP and BigUMP are related?? they got the same surname.

Fantom:D:D

Bluey , Bluey, Bluey

Ringing the tribunal convenor Harold Hall to discuss the colbo players case and directing him to get an "appropriate" hard lined panel for the case.

Ringing every coach in the district to get advise, running a selection meeting with his panel / players/ and the leadership group, playing injured players (hayes), having undiciplined players in the side(manley, longford, smith, faveleki & westly), trying to organise who umpires the game.

It seems the old man is getting a little nervous knowing the experience and success of the opposition.

Hope it does not get all to hard for the Elmore boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluey , Bluey, Bluey

Ringing the tribunal convenor Harold Hall to discuss the colbo players case and directing him to get an "appropriate" hard lined panel for the case.

Ringing every coach in the district to get advise, running a selection meeting with his panel / players/ and the leadership group, playing injured players (hayes), having undiciplined players in the side(manley, longford, smith, faveleki & westly), trying to organise who umpires the game.

It seems the old man is getting a little nervous knowing the experience and success of the opposition.

Nice try buddy. Enjoy your time on the watching tomorrow from the bar.

Bluey , Bluey, Bluey

Gee you are really good at the mental disintegration arnt you....... I really hope none of the boys read this it might really get to them.....:thumbsdown:

Maybe bluey was just trying to make sure the tribunal gave a consistent ruling, obviously they didnt. It was good to see the mounts player did the right thing by weppner its shame that some other players or player dosnt seem to follow the time honored tradition isnt it?

If you think Wessa and Rick smith are undisciplined then you must be even more of a dud than you seem. About 5 years ago wes was undisciplined but since then has set the example for all other players on the field. Rick and Fev get targeted every week and while fev has responded once Rick never has and these three players rarely give away free kicks and never give away 50's so pull your head out of your ass.

Just remember mate you guys folded when top spot was on the line so lets hope it dosnt get too much you!!

Bluey , Bluey, Bluey

Gee you are really good at the mental disintegration arnt you....... I really hope none of the boys read this it might really get to them.....:thumbsdown:

Maybe bluey was just trying to make sure the tribunal gave a consistent ruling, obviously they didnt. It was good to see the mounts player did the right thing by weppner its shame that some other players or player dosnt seem to follow the time honored tradition isnt it?

If you think Wessa and Rick smith are undisciplined then you must be even more of a dud than you seem. About 5 years ago wes was undisciplined but since then has set the example for all other players on the field. Rick and Fev get targeted every week and while fev has responded once Rick never has and these three players rarely give away free kicks and never give away 50's so pull your head out of your ass.

Just remember mate you guys folded when top spot was on the line so lets hope it dosnt get too much you!!

Good luck to all sides playing tomorrow should be a great day hope all the big footy lads enjoy their day. Im personally looking forward to catching up with my old mate Mylo/Diggidog and maybe embracing in an emotional hug....im tearing up already!!:D

Im obviously tipping elmore in the big one both sides generally have alot of respect for each other and bring out the best in each other so it should be a great game - Bloods by a goal - Cam Cail the medal

Broadford have been the team to beat in the twos all year and will get the reward but it wont be as easy as some might think. Broady to win by 4 goals- Tommy Webster the medal and Skip Bray to get sick of Kenny Dickinson trying to punch everyone and putting him out!!:eek: (just jokes kenny)

Not sure about the thirds but hope its a good game for all the young fellas.

Enjoy the day it should be a great 3 days!! Mylo its your shout:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think there is a fair bit of difference between a punch in the stomach during play compared to a punch in the head of the ball and when play is stopped. Bluey should not be even getting involved in the case bloodhound, nothing to do with Elmore.
Weppner was fairly lucky to get of as it was solid punch, but good luck to him. Bad luck for McKern missing but it was stupid on his behalf, he should know by now. Hope its a good game, I think the atmosphere will be sensational at Tooleen with a huge crowd packed in.
Colbo to win by 16 points (S.Hill BOG) and Broady by 6 goals in the 2nds.

Tough night at selection last night for the Broadford boys, judging by the look on Doona's face this morning, with 9 players missing out. Even the Vice Captain Taylor missed out, how can a bloke who is voted by his mates as captain of the 2's, miss out on playing in a grand final :confused: gotta feel for him. Any way all the best to all teams competing this weekend :thumbsu:

I think there is a fair bit of difference between a punch in the stomach during play compared to a punch in the head of the ball and when play is stopped. Bluey should not be even getting involved in the case bloodhound, nothing to do with Elmore.
Weppner was fairly lucky to get of as it was solid punch, but good luck to him. Bad luck for McKern missing but it was stupid on his behalf, he should know by now. Hope its a good game, I think the atmosphere will be sensational at Tooleen with a huge crowd packed in.
Colbo to win by 16 points (S.Hill BOG) and Broady by 6 goals in the 2nds.

you blokes are kidding yourself that colbo will win.. who do they have that will stop elmores guns? Elmore to win by at least 10 goals for me, best on ground cavello. Sam Hill BOG? can he back up his 2003 performance now that he is asexual? With all the local talent in the Elmore side i think they should be a force to be reckoned with for many years. Look Out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough night at selection last night for the Broadford boys, judging by the look on Doona's face this morning, with 9 players missing out. Even the Vice Captain Taylor missed out, how can a bloke who is voted by his mates as captain of the 2's, miss out on playing in a grand final :confused: gotta feel for him. Any way all the best to all teams competing this weekend :thumbsu:

Its great during the year to be able to pick from 32 players each week for the twos but come finals time it is very tough. Really feel for all the boys that are going to miss out on the chance for a flag. Just hope that the guys that did get a run play there hardest to show there 9 mates on the side lines some respect and bring the cup to broadford.

HDFL DUNNY TALK - GRAND FINAL

The grandest day of all is here, Grand Final day 2007 to be played between the best performed sides of the year, Elmore and Colbinabbin .

Should be a cracking match played at a very high standard with an abundance of talent on display. The bloods deserve to go in as favourites which they will but Colbo, who have played in 6 grand finals and won 5 in the last 10 years, can never be written off.

For the bloods, Rick ’dick’ Smith and David ’fev’ Fevaleaki will need to give plenty of drive, and the new Cheatly medallist Andy Grant if shows up on time, will take plenty of stopping. Justin ’bring me some orange’ Schubert is also going to be very important controlling down back.

For the grasshoppers coach Damian ’brittney’ Lock and Tim ’lara' Croft are two players that must provide run and win alot of footy through the centre of the ground. If Colbo are to win their will be a bit of Julian Bull going on in the rooms and Jeremy’s Brown may contain traces of nuts. Security at the Tooleen ground will also want to check Trav Kelly’s boot, there is at least a 6 pack down the back of those shorts.

Elmore have the talent but Colbo know how to win the big one. Colbo by 1 point.:thumbsu:

Tip of the week: Hide your grog

Unlocking Colbo’s success
Bendigo Advertiser
21 September 2007

WHEN Damien Lock was appointed coach of Heathcote District Football League club Colbinabbin in late 2005, no doubt there were a few eyebrows raised.

While no one doubted his football ability - Lock’s record speaks for itself - he was without question one of the more flamboyant characters in central Victorian football.

Just 26 at the time and with no coaching experience behind him, would Lock have the temperament to handle the responsibilities and pressure that goes with coaching a senior side? Well, Lock has wasted no time in silencing any critics, in the space of two years taking a side that had won just three games in 2005 to the verge of premiership glory in 2007.

Lock and his Grasshoppers’ team-mates will tomorrow meet Elmore in the 2007 HDFL grand final at Toolleen.

‘‘I’ve had a good list to work with out there and I’ve had some really good people helping out on the bench with Peter McRae, Phil Morgan and Rowan Warfe,’’ Lock said this week.

‘‘It’s good to have those blokes because it’s hard to coach when you are playing . . . they make the moves while the game is on and I come in at the breaks and just assess where we’re at.’’ Lock joined Colbinabbin with a wealth of experience behind him, and that, as well as being a class player, was what made him so appealing to the Grasshoppers’ hierarchy, who needed to find a replacement coach after the shock resignation of Danny Irwin in November.

The standout highlight on Lock’s footballing resume is his three-year stint at Carlton between 1997 and 1999.

Lock was drafted by the Blues from the Bendigo Pioneers with pick 52 in the 1996 national draft.

Such was the esteem he was held, Lock was taken ahead of players of the calibre of his Pioneers team-mate Michael Braun, Cameron Mooney, Byron Pickett, Russell Robertson and Andrew Thompson.

He went on to play 18 senior games for the Blues, his first against reigning premier Adelaide in round one, 1998, when he amassed 15 disposals at Princes Park.

His last game was also against the Crows in round 15, 1999, also at Princes Park.

Braun (West Coast Eagles) and Pickett (Kangaroos and Port Adelaide) are AFL premiership players, while Mooney (Geelong) certainly looks headed for that status this year, but Lock doesn’t dwell on what could have been with his career at the highest level.

‘‘You look at blokes who have gone on to play 200 games and you do think a little bit about that,’’ Lock said.

‘‘But I don’t think there’s much point thinking about what could have been in life, what you’ve got is what you’ve got and you move on.’’ The legendary David Parkin coached the Blues during Lock’s three years at Carlton.

However, it seems the most profound impact a coach has had on Lock’s career is Eaglehawk leader Derrick Filo.

‘‘Derrick is a good friend of mine and I really look up to him,’’ Lock said.

‘‘I couldn’t play the same way he does, but I received a lot of good advice off him.’’ Lock was going to be one of the big-name returns to Eaglehawk in 2006.

He had left Canterbury Park at the end of 2004, going on to spend 2005 with Essendon District Football League club Doutta Stars.

Lock was all signed and sealed at Eaglehawk for 2006, but never one to stand in the way of an opportunity, Filo was more than happy for what would have been his star midfielder to pursue his coaching ambition once the Grasshoppers’ position became available after Irwin called it quits.

And Filo certainly isn’t surprised at the impact Lock has been able to have in his first two years in charge of the Grasshoppers.

‘‘I was confident Locky would do well because he was probably very similar to me at the same age . . . a bit wild,’’ Filo said.

‘‘But he’s just a nice bloke; there’s a lot big heads in Bendigo and he definitely isn’t one of those, considering he played league footy.

‘‘I had no doubts he would do okay because he is a pretty selfless type of bloke.

‘‘The only criticism I had of him as a player was he probably wasn’t selfish enough, he always wanted to bring other players into the game.

‘‘I think that rubs off on the other players when they know they have a bloke there who is a champion that is more interested in the team doing well than himself.’’ In his first year at the helm of the club last season, Lock improved the Grasshoppers from three wins in 2005 to nine.

That was enough for Colbinabbin to finish fifth and meet Heathcote in the elimination final.

The Grasshoppers won that battle by two points in a thriller as the Saints were left to rue their inaccurate kicking.

But the following week, Colbinabbin’s season came to a halt at the hands of Lockington-Bamawm United with a 57-point defeat in the first semi-final.

It was a disappointing end to the season, but when the dust had settled, it was a year the Grasshoppers could look back on with a positive mindset.

‘‘Last year was really good because the year before we finished second bottom,’’ Lock said.

‘‘We played a lot of young players last year and they have come on really well this year.

‘‘To win that final against Heathcote last year gave the club a real buzz, but you always want to move forward and improve.’’ Last year’s steps forward were the building blocks for this season, in which the Grasshoppers have re-emerged as one of the heavyweights of the competition, just like they were when they won three straight flags under Darrell Wilson between 2002 and 2004.

The Grasshoppers’ recruited well during the pre-season, landing former Eaglehawk players Jeremy Brown and Linton Jacobs, luring Irwin back out of retirement, while fellow recruits Tim Croft, Luke Chadderton, Julian Bull, Scott Dishon and former player Damien Ellis have all found their niche in the team.

As a result, the Grasshoppers ended the season in second position on the ladder, behind Elmore, with a 14-2 record.

They are now just one step away from winning their 12th senior premiership.

Integral in the Grasshoppers’ improvement this season has been the form of Lock, who has led from the front superbly in the midfield.

Despite receiving heavy attention from the opposition, Lock regularly accumulated 30-plus possessions each week, with rarely any of them wasted.

‘‘In both the games he played against us this year, Locky would have had 35 to 40 touches,’’ Broadford coach Chris Nolan said.

‘‘He doesn’t get knocked off his feet and he seems to be running a lot harder over the past month than what he had been through the year, so obviously, he has got his body right at the right time.

‘‘He seems to be carrying the ball a lot more now, whereas against us he was in tight and getting out the important handballs at the stoppages.

‘‘But it’s just his all-round footy brain . . . he just knows where to get to and how to link-up.

‘‘By far, Locky and (Elmore’s) Andy Grant are the best players we have in the competition.’’Much of Elmore coach Tony Southcombe’s planning this week will centre around how to restrict the influence of Lock in the grand final.

‘‘On this year’s form, he has been the outstanding player in the league, far and above any other player,’’ Southcombe said.

‘‘He has 40 touches a week and he sets up the play so well for Colbinabbin.’’ The Grasshoppers have been an amazingly consistent club in the HDFL for the past decade, considering the township of Colbinabbin boasts just 200 people.

Colbinabbin has won five premierships from six grand final appearances since 1998.

‘‘There is a winning culture out there because they have had a lot of success over the years, and that’s what they strive for,’’ Lock said.

‘‘The whole community really loves their footy and they are a great bunch of people out there who are all really supportive, so that goes a long way.

‘‘And the majority of the blokes are locals as well, which makes a difference.

RWB, Do you think JimmyjUMP and BigUMP are related?? they got the same surname.

Fantom:D:D

Sorry not related Iam slim have a thread on the Bendigo league site try to encourage the males to watch netball and to you RWB I will be at Toolleen watching the Netball and some of the football to be honest who cares who wins i follow another side but at the end of the day may the best side win

Bluey , Bluey, Bluey

All of the undiciplined players you mentioned know what they are playing for and where the line is so if they step over it they will let their mate down and drop the trophy.

What position has Manley been playing?

Sorry not related Iam slim have a thread on the Bendigo league site try to encourage the males to watch netball and to you RWB I will be at Toolleen watching the Netball and some of the football to be honest who cares who wins i follow another side but at the end of the day may the best side win
Good work buddy. Have to work so won't be there but have a great day. Just heard that Hayesy didn't help his hamstring woes by hopping on the juice at Serp last week end. You would think the boys would have sacrificed one week off the drink.:confused:

Good work buddy. Have to work so won't be there but have a great day. Just heard that Hayesy didn't help his hamstring woes by hopping on the juice at Serp last week end. You would think the boys would have sacrificed one week off the drink.:confused:

Talking to BB today who is going to call the game 2morrow, Hayesy will be lucky to play.If he doe's play he will not be 100%:thumbsu:

After watching win news IF he plays he will not last the contest,Gee whiz the tide could be turning Colbos way.If the bad boys of Elmore go stupid during the game Colbo could just take home the cup:thumbsu:

Has anyone even thought he may have been putting it on with the camera there? Don't be too fooled by what was on tv lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back