Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Hawks!! Who do you think will Coach the Mountain Men Roota? and what did you think of your first year in the HDFL? Standard,your own form,better players in the comp etc.

Junky i would hope that Carts will do the job again. I have not played under a better coach. He sets the example for the rest of us to follow and really loves the club. As far as the standard goes i didn't really no what to expect but it certainly is very high as far as so called District Leagues go. The best players out here are as good as any in country vic. I was pretty disappointed with my own form. Started of well against Locky and played a couple of good games but just wasn't consistent enough. Hopefully i will be a bit fitter and play some really good footy for Mounts next year. Better player are obviously you Andy Grants, Locky, Carts, Dunne, Sammy Hill, Benny McCleary and many many others. It is a great league and i look forward to being a part of it for many years to come:thumbsu:

Gotta get a job first before I worry about any recruiting. The young bloke's 2nd birthday Sunday so unsure of me movements.

Last year was a ripper day out from memory (which is 1/4 time of the 1s), reckon I thought Id played it by about 10pm that night.

Get on the Lions bandwagon and support Broady boys Inness, Spargo and Tomkins :thumbsu:

You got them to the finals, you will surely be reappointed Doon. When are they officially going to give you the nod?

Anyone got their clubs B&F results yet?

The Hawks had theirs last night

Seniors 1. Steve Chlohesy 2. Adam Campbell 3. Chris Long
Ressie's 1. Hayden Hamilton 2. Mick Talbot 3. Gary Moulday
Third's 1. Alex Harper 2. Dylan Gibson 3. ? (I missed the thirds count)

Anyone got their clubs B&F results yet?
The Hawks had theirs last night

Seniors 1. Steve Chlohesy 2. Adam Campbell 3. Chris Long
Ressie's 1. Hayden Hamilton 2. Mick Talbot 3. Gary Moulday
Third's 1. Alex Harper 2. Dylan Gibson 3. ? (I missed the thirds count)

No stopping Mickie Talbot, what a gun.:thumbsu: How many games has he racked up now.
The Chlohesy family had a good nite, the wife in the netball picking up runner up.

Mounts held their b&f at Toolleen today.
Congrats to Benny McCleary who was run away winner, around 30 votes clear of Cam Carter. Good news to come from the day was the announcement carts would continue coaching again next year.:thumbsu:

Mounts held their b&f at Toolleen today.
Congrats to Benny McCleary who was run away winner, around 30 votes clear of Cam Carter. Good news to come from the day was the announcement carts would continue coaching again next year.:thumbsu:

Great win by Benny. What a fantastic season and great to hear that Carts is taking the job on again. A terriffic leader. Go Mounts 08:thumbsu:

I dont know whether to believe this one or not, but today i heard Filo to coach Huntly, Lock to Eaglehawk, could this be true. This came from a Huntly Hawk stalwart. I will say it again, Huntly have got big money waiting for the right person!!!

Interesting to see YCW from Loddon Valley were advertising for a coach in our YABBA, anyone from this league keen?

I heard a rumour today, that Huntly have aquired the services of a former AFL/VFL listed player to coach for 2008

Great win by Benny. What a fantastic season and great to hear that Carts is taking the job on again. A terriffic leader. Go Mounts 08:thumbsu:

Good to see Benny Mac have a win, great bloke and very deserving winner. Also good to see Cam going around again, it's great to have these sort of blokes running around int the HDFL! Headed out to Shep today to see a few mates have a kick, caught up with a few of the Broady boys at the game sampling a couple of froffies, possibly looking at a few recruits for 2008, didn't catch up with Doon but must of been there some where! How good are Seymour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hasnt the big man struggled to get on the park of late with knee troubles. wouldnt have played many games over the last few years. was told grand final day that bluey was going to have another year at it, contrary to the rumours he would pull the pin

hasnt the big man struggled to get on the park of late with knee troubles. wouldnt have played many games over the last few years. was told grand final day that bluey was going to have another year at it, contrary to the rumours he would pull the pin

I was under the impression Bluey had re-signed for 2008 :confused: Any other rumours lads? Didn't get to Deakin yesty Bar Fridge to watch my man Inness#15 and the Lions, was my little guys B'day so listened to the broadcast. Missed you GF day too, said a quick hello Semi final day but didnt get the chance to share a beer over September sorry.

Finally, was it my eyes playing tricks or was there a Colbo presence down at Geelong during Satdy nights GF celebrations???

I was under the impression Bluey had re-signed for 2008 :confused: Any other rumours lads? Didn't get to Deakin yesty Bar Fridge to watch my man Inness#15 and the Lions, was my little guys B'day so listened to the broadcast. Missed you GF day too, said a quick hello Semi final day but didnt get the chance to share a beer over September sorry.

Finally, was it my eyes playing tricks or was there a Colbo presence down at Geelong during Satdy nights GF celebrations???

youre eyes are fine doona, there was a large presence, footy trip. ive never seen a place go that mad ever. tom hill 3 votes

No stopping Mickie Talbot, what a gun.:thumbsu: How many games has he racked up now.
The Chlohesy family had a good nite, the wife in the netball picking up runner up.

He played his 400th club game this year.I think that Pee Wee's wife Lisa won the A Grade B&F, but I am not sure, I rekon that Jamie Lee Chlosey was runners up.
I went up and watched the last half of the BFL grannie yesterday, congrats to E'Hawk, absolute ripper half of footy. I know it has been discussed already but geez it would be awesome to have our GF played there. What can we do to influence the powers that be????

He played his 400th club game this year.I think that Pee Wee's wife Lisa won the A Grade B&F, but I am not sure, I rekon that Jamie Lee Chlosey was runners up.
I went up and watched the last half of the BFL grannie yesterday, congrats to E'Hawk, absolute ripper half of footy. I know it has been discussed already but geez it would be awesome to have our GF played there. What can we do to influence the powers that be????

Vote em out and get some vision involved there :D

Is it me or is every league ran by (how can I say this nicely) ********s?
It would be nice to know if there were some intellegent people in power making intelegent decissions. Even better if they were able to make them for the better of the league and the clubs within them.

I wouldn't be too critical of the league's executive as alot of aspects of their admin is very good but it's fair to say that their is room for some people on their with some fresh ideas such as the one to hold the Grand Final at the QEO or Eaglehawk. Really it's not that big a committment to go on the league executive you would be expected to go to 7 or 8 meetings a year and not alot else really.

I agre with you Doona but we need the right people to put their hand's up and take the job on....easier said than done.

I wouldn't be too critical of the league's executive as alot of aspects of their admin is very good but it's fair to say that their is room for some people on their with some fresh ideas such as the one to hold the Grand Final at the QEO or Eaglehawk. Really it's not that big a committment to go on the league executive you would be expected to go to 7 or 8 meetings a year and not alot else really.

I was just trying to be a bit cheeky I geez there are a lot worse admins around in the VCFL. AGM wouldnt be that far off if anyone keen get along and whack ya hand up

Their like umpires though, luv the power, luv to make decissions because they can.

Elmore had their presentation night on Friday night and by all reports was a great evening with some of the senior players still going from the weekend before. Wasnt able to be there myself but the winners were.

Seniors B&F - Ryan Hayes
Runner Up - Andy Grant
Third - Ian Kaye

Reserves B & F - Chris Tubb
Runner Up - Jake Cotchins
Third - Matthew Niven - really thought Nivo would win by a big margin

Not Sure about the U 17's

A Grade Netball - Hollie Alford
Runner Up - Toni Hilderbrandt

Not sure about the other grades

Status
Not open for further replies.