Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nesko, are you trying to tell me that LBU dont pay there players?? really. this is getting old. elmore spend money and its an issue. im sure if the shoe was on the other foot, and people were trying to accuse other clubs within the league, supporters would jump to there clubs defence. same thing happens to mounts. there is no use keeping your money in the bank and watching the interest tick by.unless we are involved at a club, player payments are heresay, and that only

When did I say LBU didnt pay their players? Everyone knows every club pays their players but the point I think you missed is that Elmore are trying to buy a premership now instead of looking after its local players and bringing up kids.

Instead of spending $500-800 a game on a player how about they put that money into the development of the youngsters around the town and more than likely that investment will pay off in 5-10 years and then they'll be more successfull for longer. What I'm trying to say is that if you dont look after the locals they will leave and while you may still have a footy team on the field it will be a different story off it. I've attended many Elmore functions and while you do get a good turn out for the ball etc, Elmore will be dead on a saturday night after a home game where as Locky, Colbo, Mounts they pubs will be packed. If you look at those clubs they have been the more succsessful ones.

I do believe Locky have alot more locals running around in the 1s than what Elmore do.

is the big hazie unhappy with elmore, big shoes to fill. but by the sounds of it elmore have more then enough money to splash around

dont think he is unhappy with elmore, i'm pretty sure the big fella wants to prove he is capable of playin good footy in better standard of footy.

Instead of spending $500-800 a game on a player how about they put that money into the development of the youngsters around the town and more than likely that investment will pay off in 5-10 years and then they'll be more successfull for longer. What I'm trying to say is that if you dont look after the locals they will leave and while you may still have a footy team on the field it will be a different story off it. I've attended many Elmore functions and while you do get a good turn out for the ball etc, Elmore will be dead on a saturday night after a home game where as Locky, Colbo, Mounts they pubs will be packed. If you look at those clubs they have been the more succsessful ones.

How do you suggest they put this money toward the development of Elmore's youngsters? Hire them personal trainers and buy them gym memberships? If the youngsters are good enough to get paid, they'll get paid.

If Elmore do well and get a flag this year then surely the local youngsters would want to stick around and (if they missed out on it) work harder to be a part of a team that tastes the same success in years to come.

How do you suggest they put this money toward the development of Elmore's youngsters? Hire them personal trainers and buy them gym memberships? If the youngsters are good enough to get paid, they'll get paid.

If Elmore do well and get a flag this year then surely the local youngsters would want to stick around and (if they missed out on it) work harder to be a part of a team that tastes the same success in years to come.

Buy more equipment for the Aus-kick program would be a good start, they need to try and get the youngsters involved in the club. Get a few of the senior boys to get out there and show them how to mark and kick.

2 years ago the Elmore 3rds folded, it wasnt through lack of numbers either, the team was neglected so they decided to leave and goto Rochy and play with their mates in a good club environment.

Do you think the players will stick around when there is no longer money there to be had, I dont think so. It happens every year, players go from club to club looking for money, they dont care what happens as long as they get their $$$

lets face it elmore have money and while they have the cash they will spend it bit like eaglehawk in the bfl dont look after the kids. once again there gonna be a strong side. but seriously mounts are gona be the side to beat again they know how to win flags and they have the right culture. they might lose 5 or 6 but they will gain 3 or 4 and thats all they need. the question is who can match them?

Buy more equipment for the Aus-kick program would be a good start, they need to try and get the youngsters involved in the club. Get a few of the senior boys to get out there and show them how to mark and kick.

2 years ago the Elmore 3rds folded, it wasnt through lack of numbers either, the team was neglected so they decided to leave and goto Rochy and play with their mates in a good club environment.

Do you think the players will stick around when there is no longer money there to be had, I dont think so. It happens every year, players go from club to club looking for money, they dont care what happens as long as they get their $$$

The 3rds being neglected would have little to do with how much senior players are getting paid. More to do with mismanagement, me thinks. I agree that a good sum of money needs to go into Auskick but you also need someone commited enough to run the show. Whether this person already exists there I don't know.

i dont think it has a lot to do with a club neglecting kids. an example is that white hills has strong ties with the junior club, but our thirds failed to get a team up one year because a majority of the kids wanted to go and play bendigo. you can look after the locals as much as you want, but if your youngsters aint good enough to play senior football then you have to source some quality players from somewhere. are you saying that because a few years ago matt lecek was kicking a few bags in the magoos he should have come up and replaced adam rout, because he was a paid player and it would save elmore cash??

A_JET8, mounts have been very good the last couple of years, but i think you will find the hoppers from out colbo way, are travelling under the radar nicely

A_JET8, mounts have been very good the last couple of years, but i think you will find the hoppers from out colbo way, are travelling under the radar nicely

Here here Colbo on the 2nd line of betting for me :thumbsu:

When did I say LBU didnt pay their players? Everyone knows every club pays their players but the point I think you missed is that Elmore are trying to buy a premership now instead of looking after its local players and bringing up kids.

I do believe Locky have alot more locals running around in the 1s than what Elmore do.
Hey Nesko who are you ....??? you seem to think you know a thing or 2 about the way Elmore is run so why not show your face or let us know who you are......

Nesko you seem to have changed your tune about elmore from alot of your previous posts. Let me first of all say that i have never in 3 years been to a dead elmore function or saturday night, there are always alot of people around the club at trainings, games and functions its a great place to be. As for not giving the youngsters a go name me 1 player who is an elmore local who should be playing in the ones but isnt and is getting a raw deal. I can think of alot of young guys who have been given chances to play senior footy or reserves footy. You mentioned Brett Kortum leaving the club, he played the first 6 games in the seniors under Phil Carmen before being put back into the 2's, 6 games is a fair chance to try and make your mark wouldnt you say. Ryan Hayes played senior footy as a young kid and went on to play pioneers and bendigo bombers before coming back. robby Touhey has had offers to come back for years but he has chosen to pursue the pioneers and good on him. Mitch Hayes will hopefully get a chance this year and the club would love to see him do well. But im sorry mate just because someone is young dosnt mean they should automatically play senior footy in order to keep them at the club. If they are local and keen and any good then like every other person you work hard on the track play hard on the field and hopefully EARN yourself a call up. No player at any club wether local or recruit should be treated any differently in my book.

Don't kid yourself there fellers colbo arn't travelling under any radars! I also think that elmore have serious problems with there juniors, reports are that there is not much chance of a thirds side this season and rochy have 2 u/16 with several being elmore boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me about a bloke from Sunraysia called Jake Smythe? Heard he went to some club in your league...maybe Elmore for a truck load of cash? What sort of money are we talking for good players in your league?

what's happening out at Mounts with recruits?

is Jeremy Quick returning to the club this year? I knew he was overseas in 06 but there was some suggestion he'd be back this year. Very good player to come back into the fold.
Early days, but havent seen Webby's clearance come up on the net yet? is he sticking with the blues?
Also notice Dalton's clearance has been knocked back again by Mounts. Wasnt there talk that he and Kruger were a straight swap for Marby park?
And my little pal Zacca East, has he been training yet? I did hear some chatter about him going to Inglewood, which i'd reckon is a little bit pie in the sky.

and Finally.... Can Miss Finland make it 4 wins on the trot against the big boys in the AJC Derby?

Can anyone tell me about a bloke from Sunraysia called Jake Smythe? Heard he went to some club in your league...maybe Elmore for a truck load of cash? What sort of money are we talking for good players in your league?

only know him as an allround cricketer. Thought South Bendigo woulda been all over him, but the bloods of another kind have come thru with the goods.

What can you tell us about his footy Skeeter? is he worth truck load of cash? was he a top line senior player at previous club?
good players in our comp get 150 plus. great players get 250 plus...

only know him as an allround cricketer. Thought South Bendigo woulda been all over him, but the bloods of another kind have come thru with the goods.

What can you tell us about his footy Skeeter? is he worth truck load of cash? was he a top line senior player at previous club?
good players in our comp get 150 plus. great players get 250 plus...

He was a very good senior player at Mildura but had a serious injury last year and missed over half the season. Nice peircing kick, good bloke off the field a little dry with the sense of humour, doesn't back up well after a session on the sauce though. Super fit will give good rebound from half back maybe even an optioin for the wing. No chance of going forward though....terrible in front of goals!
From my reports if a great player gets $250 plus Elmore must have a team of out and out champions.

Well boys can u tell me why colbo are gonna be so good i here irwin is back so is easty but surely that is not going to make a huge diffrence. you look at last yrs semi final they had no depth.

Well boys can u tell me why colbo are gonna be so good i here irwin is back so is easty but surely that is not going to make a huge diffrence. you look at last yrs semi final they had no depth.

A semi final appearance last year was a marked improvement after the club had a year they had to have in 2005 (second bottom). The depth will start to come thru with the younger fellas getting more senior experience this year :thumbsu:

He was a very good senior player at Mildura but had a serious injury last year and missed over half the season. Nice peircing kick, good bloke off the field a little dry with the sense of humour, doesn't back up well after a session on the sauce though. Super fit will give good rebound from half back maybe even an optioin for the wing. No chance of going forward though....terrible in front of goals!
From my reports if a great player gets $250 plus Elmore must have a team of out and out champions.

fair enough!

i'll let the other posters put their POV's up here skeeter. There's miles to be made out of your comment :rolleyes:

ive just moved down for uni and am playing footy with elmore. they have been great to me and all the blokes there seem to be real easy going, great to get along with. cant seem to understand why elmore keeps copping a flogging on this website???? should have a strong side this year think were gonna be pretty good. anyways thats my two cents worth:D

See David "Weapon Head" Cini has returned home to the Saints, surely will be welcomed back with open arms :D i hear he was sorely missed around the social scene last year :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back