Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win again by broady up at locky. Not a bad effort by the 1's as well. Happened to tune in to the HDFL rap on 93.5 on the way up and caught coach Doona on the airways. Thought it all went well although I was a little perplexed hearing Cogo's opening line of questioning, mentioning Broadfords past reputation. Fair dinkum, I think it's time we're cut a bit of slack and allowed to move on. The current playing group cannot be held accountable for past players indiscretions.

Another highlight for the day was the quality of the umpiring of the magoo's game. First time we have had Rochy umpires, I think, and they could definatly teach the bendigo mob a thing or two. Just so happen's it was one of the ump's first game. Top work!!

Thanks Beard, do agree yeah this whole reputation thing its wearing rather thin. I wasn't part of past indiscretions, either was 90 odd% of the current list - guess we just gotta be seen to be doing the right things for a lot longer yet.

Yeah thought Brendan Morris handled himself quite well on debut yesty in the 2s game. We actually had his older brother Rod do our senior game vs Mounts now all we need is Big Al to do a game.

And how did you pull up big fella after your return (as acting captain) from that career threatening leg complaint? I hear one of your LBU opponents asked if you were in fact the guy that holds the drinking record down home - hope you weren't modest and confirmed it sure was you with that 44 pots in 6 hours during showdown 2000:thumbsu:

Colbinabbin 16.24 (120) def White Hills 13.13 (91)
Lockington Bamawm United 9.12 (66) lost to Broadford 12.14 (86)
North Bendigo 16.18 (114) def Huntly 14.9 (93)
Mount Pleasant 13.11 (89) lost to Elmore 14.10 (94)

Colbinabbin 194.28% (24)
Elmore 186.83% (20)
Heathcote 122.01% (20)
Mount Pleasant 158.24% (12)
Broadford 111.23% (12)

White Hills 88.03% (12)
North Bendigo 70.60% (8)
L.B.U. 67.88% (8)
Huntly 31.82% (4)

This Week
White Hills v LBU
Broadford v Heathcote
Huntly v Colbinabbin
Elmore v North Bendigo
Mount Pleasant Bye

Thought Broadford looked the better team throughout the day but LBU just scrapped for the majority and tried to make the most of their opportunities by pouncing on Roo errors. The Roos had more class through the mids of Fletcher, Rowe and Wilson, while Taylor looked dangerous everytime the ball was in his area. Their 2 young ruckman were quite impressive as well. Broadford just seemed to wrestle the momentum of the match when it mattered in the last 10-15 minutes. Cats still missing a few though and i wouldn't be suprised if they made a mid-to-late season surge to be a smoky come September...

Colbinabbin 16.24 (120) def White Hills 13.13 (91)
Lockington Bamawm United 9.12 (66) lost to Broadford 12.14 (86)
North Bendigo 16.18 (114) def Huntly 14.9 (93)
Mount Pleasant 13.11 (89) lost to Elmore 14.10 (94)

Colbinabbin 194.28% (24)
Elmore 186.83% (20)
Heathcote 122.01% (20)
Mount Pleasant 158.24% (12)
Broadford 111.23% (12)
White Hills 88.03% (12)
North Bendigo 70.60% (8)
L.B.U. 67.88% (8)
Huntly 31.82% (4)

This Week
White Hills v LBU
Broadford v Heathcote
Huntly v Colbinabbin
Elmore v North Bendigo
Mount Pleasant Bye
Love the signature big fella. Haven't heard from your little sidekick for a while and what do you get him to do on Saturday's?

No need to thank me mate, when I said we were gunna do the boys didnt seem to have a drama. As I pointed out anyone who can survive 15 odd years of footy deserves our a respect.

What happened to you LBU boys I was waiting for a Big Footy member or two to come up and say g'day over a berr when we came into the social club.

yeah i thought nesko would of been keen for a catch up with ya. he may have had better company....possibly a lady friend?!?

as for a few of the other locky bigfooty fella's its been awhile since we have seen some posts. they tell me they are still reading just not putting in their 2 cents!

What happen oh the weekend did u kick any goals were abouts have u been playing

Have been playing all over the shop actually. Played a bit down back, bit at full forward then finished on the wing yesterday. Kicked one goal and went ok whilst up forward. need to get a bit fitter I think.

I hear you are going very well at your new joint

Love the signature big fella. Haven't heard from your little sidekick for a while and what do you get him to do on Saturday's?

He has the radio fired up and keep's me informed of all the race results for our betting syndicate (Nickos Redenbach got us about 25% of yesty's quaddie) as well as the AFL updates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been playing all over the shop actually. Played a bit down back, bit at full forward then finished on the wing yesterday. Kicked one goal and went ok whilst up forward. need to get a bit fitter I think.

I hear you are going very well at your new joint
yep played nully sat got in the best beat them by 10 goals & there 2nd on the ladder cant get to cocky u dont win grand final in june

Yeah good win by you guys Doon! Been a tough trip for you guys in the past. We were always there and there abouts but just couldn't get our noses in front. We had 3 first gamers play on the weekend which was good to see, all acquitted themselves real well. You guys seem to have a good mix of youth and experience which is a good thing to have at a club. Dipper seemed to own that wing on the weekend, Fletch Dunne and Tayls were all good i thought. Your ruckman (16) had a great game, not just with his hit outs but also got plenty of the ball around the ground. (38) looks to be a good kid for the future, kept me fairly quiet when we crossed paths. Sorry about not catching up for a beer after the game, will make sure i do when we meet at Harley Hammond later on in the year.

Umm Wally & Roota, you lads ever heard of private messaging?

Would like to congadulate "Small" Mclntyre on his 300th senior game on the weekend! Not only has he been a champion player over the years but is also a champion bloke! Would of been great to have a win for him on the weekend but we still celebrated long and hard Saturday night at Nat O'Briens 21st! Well done mate!!!:thumbsu:

Yeah good win by you guys Doon! Been a tough trip for you guys in the past. We were always there and there abouts but just couldn't get our noses in front. We had 3 first gamers play on the weekend which was good to see, all acquitted themselves real well. You guys seem to have a good mix of youth and experience which is a good thing to have at a club. Dipper seemed to own that wing on the weekend, Fletch Dunne and Tayls were all good i thought. Your ruckman (16) had a great game, not just with his hit outs but also got plenty of the ball around the ground. (38) looks to be a good kid for the future, kept me fairly quiet when we crossed paths. Sorry about not catching up for a beer after the game, will make sure i do when we meet at Harley Hammond later on in the year.

Grant Wearne (16) would be leading our B & F at this stage Id say, has been sensational in all 6 games to date. Justin Webb (38) was playing his 2nd senior game and we are rapt in his progress, got caught a couple of times not moving the pill on quickly enough but when I told him that he listened, didn't drop his head like young blokes can and genuinely wants to learn which is vital. Checks pretty closely too when a lot of 17-18 aren't always accountable.

Our lists look very similar, we have played 8 kids outa last years 3rds so far, but in order to remain competitive you gotta get ya balance right or you get exposed as we did at Elmore in round 2.

Would like to congadulate "Small" Mclntyre on his 300th senior game on the weekend! Not only has he been a champion player over the years but is also a champion bloke! Would of been great to have a win for him on the weekend but we still celebrated long and hard Saturday night at Nat O'Briens 21st! Well done mate!!!:thumbsu:

who's this?? do you remember me. i played a couple of years ago with locky. why does everyone use different names?

Grant Wearne (16) would be leading our B & F at this stage Id say, has been sensational in all 6 games to date. Justin Webb (38) was playing his 2nd senior game and we are rapt in his progress, got caught a couple of times not moving the pill on quickly enough but when I told him that he listened, didn't drop his head like young blokes can and genuinely wants to learn which is vital. Checks pretty closely too when a lot of 17-18 aren't always accountable.

Our lists look very similar, we have played 8 kids outa last years 3rds so far, but in order to remain competitive you gotta get ya balance right or you get exposed as we did at Elmore in round 2.

Good win Doona, very good hard running side with plenty of skill and pace. Gillard did a great job at CHB and Ray was good down forward. Small was very appreciative of you guys for lining up, great effort by th roos. I was going to come over for a beer when I seen you walk in but after having a chat to a few boys I couldnt find ya. I'm suprised to see young Willo in the 2's I thought he would be in the top 15 of the 1s. Aaron Taylor is the worst player ever. You try not to talk to your opponent and even hate him because it makes it easier in the contest but this bloke chews your ear off, quality bloke.

Good night at Nat's with Farva, like usual, being a serial pest. Good to catch up with a few blokes I havnt seen for a while. Good to rock up to the rooms on sunday mourning for the auskick and see Nat still on the piss, Maj is a bad influence. Its was bad to see that some little smart arse think it was ok to drive on to the oval and cut some hoops on the wing and at centre half forward.

Yeah 2's umpiring was good. Magoo did a good job but was suprised to see him as he is a cop over in shep and thats a big distance to travel to umpire. Isnt Al morris up north Doona, I think thats what Wayne said last time I seen him. Bloody handy crickters those Morris boys, them and the Powells made Elmore unstopible.

Good win Doona, very good hard running side with plenty of skill and pace. Gillard did a great job at CHB and Ray was good down forward. Small was very appreciative of you guys for lining up, great effort by th roos. I was going to come over for a beer when I seen you walk in but after having a chat to a few boys I couldnt find ya. I'm suprised to see young Willo in the 2's I thought he would be in the top 15 of the 1s. Aaron Taylor is the worst player ever. You try not to talk to your opponent and even hate him because it makes it easier in the contest but this bloke chews your ear off, quality bloke.

Good night at Nat's with Farva, like usual, being a serial pest. Good to catch up with a few blokes I havnt seen for a while. Good to rock up to the rooms on sunday mourning for the auskick and see Nat still on the piss, Maj is a bad influence. Its was bad to see that some little smart arse think it was ok to drive on to the oval and cut some hoops on the wing and at centre half forward.

Yeah 2's umpiring was good. Magoo did a good job but was suprised to see him as he is a cop over in shep and thats a big distance to travel to umpire. Isnt Al morris up north Doona, I think thats what Wayne said last time I seen him. Bloody handy crickters those Morris boys, them and the Powells made Elmore unstopible.

did someone do skids on the oval at locky?? thats the second time thats happened isnt it?? thats really not on!

Great to see Weeka kick 3 for the bombers 1s yesti, didnt get there till later but he was named at CHF, is that were he started HJ or had you had to many beers lol. Gun footballer that read and rovered packs and had strong hands all day. Conners went alright to very good in first half then went missing, got caught holding the ball a couple of times. It makes you wonder why Weeksy didnt get picked up but I spose if he keeps playing like he is it wont be long till we see him on someones list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back