Heff

Remove this Banner Ad

unfortunately for heff there can only be so many midfielders picked. winders, hirdy, stants, jobe, pev, mcveigh, lovett, mj, slats and gus aren't going to be dropped. that leaves heff to go out when jj returns.

Heff>>>>>Pev any day, much more composed, skillfull and accountable. Can actually hit the target rather than kicking floaters that give our players no chance of marking it because opponents have time to spoil.

pev hardly had a clanger and his possessions were no worse than heff's. pev tackled very well and he had quite a few clearances

now don't get me wrong, i'm not a pev fan, but he played well yesterday.

before the season started i had pev and heff out of my best 22. and that still hasn't changed. once jj and campo are fit, pev and heff will both struggle to get a game if we don't have too many injuries

I dont have Campo or Pev in my best 22 but i must admit before the season neither Heffernan or Ryder were in my 22. But both have impressed me immensely.

EDIT Pev made plenty of mistakes yesterday...

ryder has impressed everyone i think. he has come on in leaps and bounds from last season. he has almost cemented his spot in the side in just three games

campo's best is by far better than heff's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Heff and he made a solid contribution on the weekend but im of the opinion that we can only have one of Heff,Pev,JJ or Campo in the team at one time..Pev has the greater ball extraction abiity atm so he gets the nod.

Lonergan for mind should be given an extended run in the firsts to prove himself in place of Heff..Im confident he would get his 10 - 20 touches and show grunt around the stoppages with good skill to add.

Finding a new JJ or misiti is more important to me then having Heff in thed squad. We need young promosing players who can get the ball going our way first..We only have Jobe atm..

That's what defensive midfielders are paid to do. We have enough attacking midfielders, so we need someone who can hurt going the other way. There's no point having only attacking mids, coz then we're stuffed when the oposition has the ball.

yeah i know but you also want someone who can damage his opponent on the rebound aswell, exactly what pev was doing on stevens early in the match. also i meant that in the defensive sense aswell i just dont know how to work it properly. for example i was watching on the weekend and there were a few times where he had the option to charge at a player and risk the hand pass over the top of him or stand there. he stood there and everytime the hand pass went over the top of him anyway, seemed like he didnt do anything, if that made sense i dont know. in a team that at the momment is thriving on their pressure on the ball carrier i dont think you can just stand off and wait for them to make the first move, just go for the tackle put some pressure on, against teams like carlton often that will be enough to affect their disposal.

I like Heff and he made a solid contribution on the weekend but im of the opinion that we can only have one of Heff,Pev,JJ or Campo in the team at one time..Pev has the greater ball extraction abiity atm so he gets the nod.

Lonergan for mind should be given an extended run in the firsts to prove himself in place of Heff..Im confident he would get his 10 - 20 touches and show grunt around the stoppages with good skill to add.

Finding a new JJ or misiti is more important to me then having Heff in thed squad. We need young promosing players who can get the ball going our way first..We only have Jobe atm..

sammy has to play good footy at bendigo first. he hasn't dominated any of vfl matched yet

sammy has to play good footy at bendigo first. he hasn't dominated any of vfl matched yet

Yes but he showed what he can do V allstars..Marc Bullen never dominated anyhthing and was given so many chances i lost count..Sammy should be given the same as far as im concerned cos he has shown more then Bullen ever did..Im confident he would take it and never look back..Lonergan RR with Hislop Rover will be gold..You add that with Jobe and we are set. Our running players look to be pretty well up and running..If we keep drafting all these class kids we are going to need a list extension..:thumbsu:

i wouldn't mind if heff was dropped, but i think that jj, campo and hislop would come in before lonergan.

that isn't to say that he won't be a good player for us in the years to come

yeah i know but you also want someone who can damage his opponent on the rebound aswell, exactly what pev was doing on stevens early in the match. also i meant that in the defensive sense aswell i just dont know how to work it properly. for example i was watching on the weekend and there were a few times where he had the option to charge at a player and risk the hand pass over the top of him or stand there. he stood there and everytime the hand pass went over the top of him anyway, seemed like he didnt do anything, if that made sense i dont know. in a team that at the momment is thriving on their pressure on the ball carrier i dont think you can just stand off and wait for them to make the first move, just go for the tackle put some pressure on, against teams like carlton often that will be enough to affect their disposal.
I know exactly what you mean. I noticed this too, but it wasn't only Heffernan that did this. I, like you, would like to see the player charge and try to affect a tackle than sit back. With someone like Heffernan it is tough though because he doesn't have great leg speed.

i wouldn't mind if heff was dropped, but i think that jj, campo and hislop would come in before lonergan.

that isn't to say that he won't be a good player for us in the years to come

:eek:Agree except for Campo..If Winders or Lovett is injured then maybe..We have Nash coming back soon also according to Quinn..

Davey was lost when he went up th feild and has to small a body to play that role. And btw they arent the same types of players so why is this even being discussed?

Because you assumed I was eluding to Davey replacing Heff, I said he was a better tackler....didnt say he should be the only tackler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back