Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I don't know who to support...

Started to support the Packers when i was in say year 8 or so when me and my mate started playing the Madden series and i always loved using Antonio Freeman (he was a star when youn what has happen?).

My mate was a massive Vikes fan and i loved beating him and i knew the Pack where there main rival so i strated supporting them. that was probably around 7 or 8 years ago.

I love the organisation because it has soul, it has passion and its not run bye 1 multi millionaire on a power trip (hence the Vikings).

Anyway if you want to support a club with passion, soul, integrity and a history of success then support the Packers. Packers supporters love the Packers the rest hate us :D .

cheers

KingTredrea16 said:
Thanks for the replies, guys! I like the Ravens (Ray Lewis) alot.

Dodgey choice !

Don't be surprised if he ends up in the BIG HOUSE. Doubt you've done enough research KT16.

I follow the Bengals as I have good friends that live in Cincinnati. I was already a NFL fan and actually already leaned towards the Bengals but my friends made it definite.

Raskolnikov said:
I follow the Bengals as I have good friends that live in Cincinnati. I was already a NFL fan and actually already leaned towards the Bengals but my friends made it definite.

Welcome to the Bulldogs of the NFL, i feel sorry for you dude i really do. Does anyone actually go to Bengall games??

tige19 said:
Welcome to the Bulldogs of the NFL, i feel sorry for you dude i really do. Does anyone actually go to Bengall games??

I have been following them for twenty years now. They had a few good years when I first followed them including a narrow Super Bowl loss to the 49ers but have been crap for the last fifteen years. I have a feeling they will have a good year this year.

My Opinon of the Australian to US conversion:

Adelaide Crows - Tampa Bay (defense wins c'chips)
Brisbane Lions - New England Patriots (success)
Carlton Blues - Dallas Cowboys (history, success (i hate to admit it)
Collingwood Magpies - Oakland Raiders (worst/most violent supporters!!)
Essendon Bombers - Green Bay packers (successful Carl-Ess, Dal-GB)
Fremantle Dockers - Seattle Seahawks (way out west, non-achievers) or Houston Texans (the newish teams)
Geelong Cats - San Diego (risers? struggling to fill the last few)
Hawthorn - Cleveland Browns (brown... starting fresh)
Kangaroos - Pittsburgh Steelers (gut it out)
Melbourne - Minnesota Vikings (up and down)
Port Adelaide - Carolina (always around the mark... ?)
Richmond Tigers - New Orleans (full of promise, rarely deliver)
St Kilda Saints - Detroit Lions (drafts picks, young talent)
Sydney Swans - NY Jets (big city team.. run first)
Western Bulldogs - Cincinnati Bengals (battlers)
West Coast Eagles - St Louis Rams (speed, home field dominance)

There ya go... that was fun... done in about 10 minutes so pick it to pieces.

danielz_23 said:

Adelaide Crows - Tampa Bay (defense wins c'chips)
Brisbane Lions - New England Patriots (success)
Carlton Blues - Dallas Cowboys (history, success (i hate to admit it)
Collingwood Magpies - Oakland Raiders (worst/most violent supporters!!)
Essendon Bombers - Green Bay packers (successful Carl-Ess, Dal-GB)
Fremantle Dockers - Seattle Seahawks (way out west, non-achievers) or Houston Texans (the newish teams)
Geelong Cats - San Diego (risers? struggling to fill the last few)
Hawthorn - Cleveland Browns (brown... starting fresh)
Melbourne - Minnesota Vikings (up and down)
Port Adelaide - Carolina (always around the mark... ?)
Richmond Tigers - New Orleans (full of promise, rarely deliver)
St Kilda Saints - Detroit Lions (drafts picks, young talent)
Sydney Swans - NY Jets (big city team.. run first)
Western Bulldogs - Cincinnati Bengals (battlers)
West Coast Eagles - St Louis Rams (speed, home field dominance)

There ya go... that was fun... done in about 10 minutes so pick it to pieces.

Minnesota have a fan base, Melbourne dont lol. St Kilda are more like Philly i would think, they have both have the superstars with ego to match (Riewoldt and Owens) and both seem to be the new flavours of the month (or years), both supporter bases have rapidly increased since success has started to come there way and both clubs supporters will jump off just as quickly.

Other than that you have done a pretty good job dude, well done.

cheers

tige19 said:
Minnesota have a fan base, Melbourne dont lol. St Kilda are more like Philly i would think, they have both have the superstars with ego to match (Riewoldt and Owens) and both seem to be the new flavours of the month (or years), both supporter bases have rapidly increased since success has started to come there way and both clubs supporters will jump off just as quickly.

Other than that you have done a pretty good job dude, well done.

cheers

Did you see I was a st kilda supporter and just try to wind me up? haha. How could you be so crewl as to compare anyone to Owens... haha... I dont see much likeness in them other than the hands. haha

I was trying to think of the AFL's most explosive player so that team would be Atlanta, haha. But I cant think of anyone... maybe Judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders young man. As a Port supporter I see strong ties to the silver and black, and the silver and black and teal and white...... :D

Plus... hated by all as were the Maggies in the SANFL.

danielz_23 said:

That's very SPOT on Danielz. 4 flags/championships each, 70's Powerhouse team, captain/ skipper both wear #7, small market teams, comeback kings :D, Loyal fans, Terrible Towel= Shinboner Spirit, regular play-off / finalists over the last 10 seasons & neither team have bottomed out. Besides, I follow them very Passionately. Heartbreak seasons >> 1998 for North = 2004 for Steelers. Besides, neither team have pathetic ego players. :p

Changing Allegiance

I have been a Bengals fan for over 20 years. I have supported them through thick and thin. However in September I am moving to Atlanta. So.....

bird_thumb.gif

Go Falcons!

Re: Changing Allegiance

Weak as p*** Raskolnikov. :thumbsdown:

In other news, Bill Cowher moved house recently, (family reasons) now lives in North Carolina, should he coach the Panthers now? extremely doubt it. I'm not bothered by that. Cowher is a father to three girls longer than a coach to a proud NFL team like Pittsburgh.

Raskolnikov said:
I have been a Bengals fan for over 20 years. I have supported them through thick and thin. However in September I am moving to Atlanta. So.....

bird_thumb.gif

Go Falcons!

Atlanta is actually my "second" team as a Bomber supporter due to the red and black connection, so I reckon its a good swap as Cinci were just a poor mans version anyway :p

fuey said:
Would you change your footy team if you moved interstate?

No, but Essendon are a different story. I bleed red and black whereas NFL is more of an interest for me than a matter of life and death. I also agree with music 2000. I would like to start going to NFL games when I move there so it would make sense to follow the local team. I will always have a soft spot for the Bengals but.

Raskolnikov said:
No, but Essendon are a different story. I bleed red and black whereas NFL is more of an interest for me than a matter of life and death. I also agree with music 2000. I would like to start going to NFL games when I move there so it would make sense to follow the local team. I will always have a soft spot for the Bengals but.

I can see where you're coming from, but can't you go to a game and just enjoy it as a spectacle?

Personally, I love watching any two teams in the NFL play, doesn't matter which two. It's the "mini battle" that each play is, in a war of four quarters that interests me the most. Yes, the Packers are my team, and if I were moving to say Miami and had season tickets to Joe Robbie, I'd go without a second thought.

I say keep the Bengals as your favourite team, adopt the Falcons as a second team and enjoy watching them play. Maybe you'll be lucky enough for the Bengals to come to town when you're there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back