Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Changing Allegiance

If I ever moved to the US, I would support the local team like a shot. Good on you, and have fun.

Raskolnikov said:
No, but Essendon are a different story. I bleed red and black whereas NFL is more of an interest for me than a matter of life and death. I also agree with music 2000. I would like to start going to NFL games when I move there so it would make sense to follow the local team. I will always have a soft spot for the Bengals but.

Heres a great solution. Go to the games and passionately support the Falcons until Cincy come to town!

Raskolnikov said:
No, but Essendon are a different story. I bleed red and black whereas NFL is more of an interest for me than a matter of life and death. I also agree with music 2000. I would like to start going to NFL games when I move there so it would make sense to follow the local team. I will always have a soft spot for the Bengals but.

how easy would it be to get tickets? I mean america has 250million people and australia has 20 million. wouldn't it be near impossible to get tickets with a population like that

music_2000 said:
how easy would it be to get tickets? I mean america has 250million people and australia has 20 million. wouldn't it be near impossible to get tickets with a population like that

I've been to a few Cincinnati games and never found it a problem to get in. Admittedly the times I went the Bengals were lamentable. Not sure what it would be like if they were winning. Maybe I better hope the Falcons are crap next season. :D

Thats not a bad idea... I might change to toooo....

Arizona Cardinals - Matt Lienart (to Fitzgerald & Boldin)... with new indoor stadium... things looking up?! I think everyone was a bit premature getting on the bandwagon last year... they still arent going to make a big jump but I think things are on the up.

or

New Orleans Saints - Brees, Horn & Bush... not a bad trio if Brees can pick up where he left off the last two seasons!! oh... and there is a guy called McAllister who also remains. They should trade for a defensive stud (not going to happen but would be cool)

....but I'm only joking and will stick with my Dallas Cowboys! I wish they would have taken one of these QB's though... Drew is not a bright future!!

Who Should I Support?

I'm just gettin into the game but I'm having trouble working out who I should follow. Teams that I'm leaning towards are the Colts, Seahawks, Saints (alot of ppl on here seem to support them too) and the Chargers.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Re: Who should I support?

Bah!

It's too easy to go for a winner...:p

Follow the Packers, get yourself an AJ Hawk Jersey, and watch them rise back up.

Pros- Green and Gold, Winning tradition, some good young talent.

Cons- Rebuilding, missed out on watching the great man at his absolute best.

I'm just gettin into the game but I'm having trouble working out who I should follow. Teams that I'm leaning towards are the Colts, Seahawks, Saints (alot of ppl on here seem to support them too) and the Chargers.

Out of those 4 teams you mentioned, I would definetly recommend the Chargers:

* Exciting team on both sides of the ball :thumbsu:
* Uniform has the same colors as your AFL team (except for the red) :thumbsu:
* There isnt a Charger fan on this forum that I know of, so it would be good to have one. :thumbsu:
* They play in a traditionally strong division so they are more fun to follow :thumbsu:
* Oh yeah, they currently have the equal best record in the NFL :thumbsu:

Just whatever you do dont follow the Redskins, or you will be banned from this forum by Marcuz lol j/k

Your an Adelaide supporter. I suggest the Baltimore Ravens....

-Similar Logo.
-The whole Art Modell court room thing with the Browns is similar to how the Crows were born.
-Both teams have had success in their short history.

Choose the Saints mate :D

Saints = something heavenly lol

A team that hasnt had a lot of success...which means u can be there when something good does happen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone suggested Ravens cause they are similar to the crows...i just asked my mum exactly what a raven is (i know its a bird but my knowedge of natrue is somewat llimited)

to quote her:

" Yak,Dirty, ugly, smelly and cunning bird"

Someone suggested Ravens cause they are similar to the crows...i just asked my mum exactly what a raven is (i know its a bird but my knowedge of natrue is somewat llimited)

to quote her:

" Yak,Dirty, ugly, smelly and cunning bird"

Well theres your Crow than.

Your an Adelaide supporter. I suggest the Baltimore Ravens....

-Similar Logo.
-The whole Art Modell court room thing with the Browns is similar to how the Crows were born.
-Both teams have had success in their short history.
as the resident BF Ravens supporter he is more than welcome to jump aboard the division leading Ravens!

Depends, do you like tough defence etc...? Then Ravens, Jags.

Like lots of td's and (passing) offence? Then Colts and maybe Kansas City or something.

Being a Broncos supporter, obviously i think they'd be the best to follow, now may be not the best time with a rookie qb starting out. But we do have strong history (Elway, two SB's) Great passionate supporters and a team thats usually always there or there abouts.

But honestly, and it hurts me to say this.... out of the teams you listed, I'd probably recommend the Chargers. They have a good QB and TE, the best current RB in football and are a genuine Superbowl chance and should be one for at least another 5-10 years. If you like passing, they may not be the best team (why pass when you have a RB that cuts up every defence) but they are pretty good to watch.

Mate what you should just do... watch as many games as you can this season, read as much as you can on each side and you should just find yourself supporting one team more than most and eventually you'll wonder how you could have possibly thought of going for the Seahawks lol.

Oh one final tip - Stay away from NFC teams :D

Welcome Matty P. I just let you know I followed NFL as a passive fan for a good part of 10 years before I LOCKED ON to the Steelers (1989)...thru one player on D making all the difference to me anyway... ;) so don't be rash in selecting a team...let your heart win you over with appreciating a game/ player style/impact >>> how camsmith overlooked tough defence teams like the Steelers is truly bizzare...anyway, just sit back and enjoy the game, monitor players and see what excites you about them.

Many teams have outstanding players on the rise... whether you like a few on opposing teams will just help you eliminate the others...

get out of the funk of 'jumping on bandwagons' but it seems you have been pressed by these posters to ride the CHARGERS wave that is looking very promising atm (infact, I think they can win the SB with Marty Schottenhiemer who is a LEGEND of the game and gave Bill Cowher his first stint in the coaching caper).

Have fun studying the game and appreciating the upcoming stars of tomorrow. (hint : #27 for the Steelers ;) )

don't be sucked in to 'abide by the colours' If you happen to choose the Steelers, you'll NEED to snare yourself a Terrible Towel and that's just for starters....

Have Fun and come back to these boards to ask for questions.

get out of the funk of 'jumping on bandwagons' but it seems you have been pressed by these posters to ride the CHARGERS wave that is looking very promising atm (infact, I think they can win the SB with Marty Schottenhiemer who is a LEGEND of the game and gave Bill Cowher his first stint in the coaching caper).

Considering that the Steelers had just won the superbowl, wouldn't that be 'jumping on the bandwagon'?

Look at all the names of the teams and watever attracts u go for them...ull fall in love soon enough ;)

Considering that the Steelers had just won the superbowl, wouldn't that be 'jumping on the bandwagon'?

It may not 'look good' for anyone to start following any team that had very recent success and then thier interest wane if the team wasn't able to follow it up with a play-off calibre season, getting on the Steelers now wouldn't be bandwagoning at all, BUT last season's success can not be claimed (as bragging rights whatsoever). That's my condition. don't appreciate anybody claiming success when they didn't follow teams thru rough times. That's the danger of 'getting on the Chargers now'.... you will be known as a bandwagon jumper regardless if they don't go all the way, it's a matter of sticking thru thick & thin, sure, the Chargers have been in the mix for most seasons but following the Chargers from now on requires the newfound fan to keep following the Chargers when they hit a wall also. Time will tell what calibre fan you are.

It $hits me to death how SHALLOW / INSECURE minds of those 'success in history' teams supporters need reach back to brag about thier club 'championships' when they were NOT EVEN BORN nor a fan of the game/oblivious to thier success at the time. These ppl can only stick up for thier club in thier current state. That will test thier loyalty when taunted.

Out of those 4 teams you mentioned, I would definetly recommend the Chargers:

* Exciting team on both sides of the ball :thumbsu:
* Uniform has the same colors as your AFL team (except for the red) :thumbsu:
* There isnt a Charger fan on this forum that I know of, so it would be good to have one. :thumbsu:
* They play in a traditionally strong division so they are more fun to follow :thumbsu:
* Oh yeah, they currently have the equal best record in the NFL :thumbsu:

Just whatever you do dont follow the Redskins, or you will be banned from this forum by Marcuz lol j/k

i go 4 the chargers

i go 4 the chargers

.....suddenly :eek:

Hey Mizza, thanxs for last season's support of MY STEELERS... what a great ride that was, eh... no "BUS" to take you to Miami this year though. ;)

wish Junior Seau stayed put...

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back