Hendo's Celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

NEWSFLASH: Young AFL Player Does Douchy Goal Celebration.
THE HORROR!!!! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Come on people, he's showing a bit of passion and having some fun. He's not the first to do it and won't be the last. Didak's Shimmy immediately comes to mind, also didn't Davis or someone do a "handcuff" hand sign a year or two back?

NEWSFLASH: Young AFL Player Does Douchy Goal Celebration.
THE HORROR!!!! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Come on people, he's showing a bit of passion and having some fun. He's not the first to do it and won't be the last. Didak's Shimmy immediately comes to mind, also didn't Davis or someone do a "handcuff" hand sign a year or two back?

Yeah and the same people were probably whining about petrenkos goal celebration. Showing off? I can't believe the mindset of some people tbh!

Anyone would think he had Andy "Douchebag" Maher by the throat yelling you were wrong. I think that signal meant time is up as opposed to time out.:D.

Anyone would think he had Andy "Douchebag" Maher by the throat yelling you were wrong. I think that signal meant time is up as opposed to time out.:D.

You're acting pretty tough online swan but would you take on a man that's this powerful?

[YOUTUBE]MZ2i5-ihDuU[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, didn't think so! ;)

If it was a Channell Port(10) promotion Andy Maher wouldn't have said anything.
How Andy Maher gets a gig on TV is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looked like that on the replay I watched Wall-e but at the ground they often seemed like token efforts. Is still clearly learning to play the game and doesn't get himself into dangerous enough positions often enough.

My least favourite Crow.

WTF! Your brand just plummeted mate!

He's a dead set certified gun... fast as anything, great skills, good by hand, good by foot and probably applies more defensive pressure than ANY other player in our team to go with a serious dose of attacking pressure. If he were to go down we'd miss him as much as ANY other player in the team.

Completely agree about everything you said. And as for the Stanfield moment, its on of my favourite footy memories. Love to see more of it!

My understanding was that Blight was absolutely livid after that goal celebration and I think Stanfield only played 2 more games for the club

EDIT: He played the first 9 rounds of 1997 (Hawthorn being Round 9) was subsequently dropped for four weeks, played the next four and was then cut from the list at the end of the season

WTF! Your brand just plummeted mate!

He's a dead set certified gun... fast as anything, great skills, good by hand, good by foot and probably applies more defensive pressure than ANY other player in our team to go with a serious dose of attacking pressure. If he were to go down we'd miss him as much as ANY other player in the team.

That is just ridiculous. Jaensch can come in and play his role quite comfortably at this point in Ricky's career.

I love what Hendo offers and can be - but his physicality needs serious work.

I'm over discussing the celebrations, I do like the fact he wants to express himself but he probably has a little bit to learn about appropriateness of such things in footy vs basketball.

That is just ridiculous. Jaensch can come in and play his role quite comfortably at this point in Ricky's career.

Rubbish! Could not disagree more. Jaensch is half the speed of Ricky, is nowhere near as attacking and more over offers nothing near the defensive pressure that Ricky offers.

I hardly see them as anything like equivalent players. Ricky is already nearing elite category in my opinion if he can keep his form up... not many players in the comp quite like him... we are very lucky.

Jaensch is slightly above rookie list quality... nothing more from what I have seen.

Hendo looked like a goose and played crap. Was invisible for most of the night apart from the two gimme 'out the back' goals.

He gets the out the back goals cos he's a running machine with speed to burn. When that turnover was created he was flying down the wing and in the 3 seconds his opponent wasn't paying attention he would have had no hope of catching him.

Being at the games... his work rate is absolute first class stuff. I don't think many in our side work harder... and for the way we play the game (Neil Craig's way) he is just about the first picked every week... his defensive pressure is phenomenal. The fact he has all the other attributes is the cream on the cake.

By way of defensive pressure I mean... locking the ball inside the 50 from switch plays, kick ins, tracking players, chasing so as to impact opponents disposal efficiency. Further his ability to gut run from defense into attack is a special talent not many have.

Notice how often he is rotated through the bench... we are using him really well... and as oppositions cotton on he'll be one of the first to get attention soon. His next challenge will be dealing with that attention imo.

Tonic, if you're not Henderson himself, then you're undoubtedly his #1 fan.

Your claim that he's close to the first one picked each week is nothing short of laughable, as is your claim that he "is already nearing elite category". He'd be lucky to be in the first 15 players picked and he's nowhere near elite.

The reasons for this are fairly simple - he doesn't win enough of the ball, largely because he doesn't know where to run. He finished the game with just 10 disposals - only Mackay, Johncock, Walker & Porplyzia had fewer. Of those, only Porplyzia had less impact on the game - because he destroyed his shoulder just 5 min into the contest.

Henderson is quick as lightning - Dangermouse is probably his only peer. He also has great skills, as you rightly point out. However, not going to be regarded as anything more than a "promising youngster" until he learns how to get his hands on the pill. Elite players are those like Ablett, Swann & Sandilands - Henderson isn't in the same universe as stars like these.

I'll take the #1 fan label no worries.

I'll stick by the one of the first picked statement though on the basis of his defensive pressure... I don't think we have anyone who does more work in this area and given how particularly critical that is to the crows game plan that's good criteria. He is elite in this area.

10 disposals doesn't sound like much... but he's come off injury the past 2 weeks is destined to improve and his goals were telling.

Back on topic... he can celebrate however he likes in my book. The T sign is a non issue.

I thought Henderson was good on Saturday, not great but still good, a couple of goals and good defensive pressure in the forward line. I noticed him down in the back a few times as well, don't know if he was moved down there for a while or had run back from his forward position..

Hendo contributed well in Dangerfields goal, which can be seen here, he's chased the hawk defender made him rush his kick, then applied a tackle to another player a few seconds later, he's seriously quick.

[youtube]NlwtKCy9bck[/youtube]

Just not a fan of that celebration though. I remember watching port a few years back, and they used to do these sort of celebrations each week, it's annoying and I wouldn't like my team doing it.

Jeez I love Clarksons face in this video, it just says ' too good ' all over it lol.

Sure it was a little uncalled for and dumb, but I don't see anything particularly wrong with it, it was a celebration, who cares?

At least he didn't look as stupid as Dale Thomas does with some of his moronic goal celebrations =/

Hendo contributed well in Dangerfields goal, which can be seen here, he's chased the hawk defender made him rush his kick, then applied a tackle to another player a few seconds later, he's seriously quick.

[youtube]NlwtKCy9bck[/youtube]

Just not a fan of that celebration though. I remember watching port a few years back, and they used to do these sort of celebrations each week, it's annoying and I wouldn't like my team doing it.

Jeez I love Clarksons face in this video, it just says ' too good ' all over it lol.
Probably my favourite goal of the night. That was so intense. How good was Brodie Smith's attack on the ball there, and his quick give to Thommo. Great passage of footy, topped off with a stellar finish by Danger, :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo's Celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back