Hendo's Celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how much of a big deal these Victorians make out of celebrations when its an 'interstate' team.

If a Collingwood player did it, its 'Showing Emotion' but if an SA Boy celebrates they are scum.

well he made Robert Walls' 'villain of the week' on One week at a time. TSW is right, if that was a Carlton player he'd have called it colourful and good for the game.

It was the only mention we got, apart from Sloane breaking his thumb whilrst showing vision of the Frenchman counting his plums.

FYI, over on the Port board they are bagging us, saying we're the same crowd who sunk the boots into Tredders for his "bow" goal celebration.

I told them it wasn't us - just the rest of Australia.

FYI, over on the Port board they are bagging us, saying we're the same crowd who sunk the boots into Tredders for his "bow" goal celebration.

I told them it wasn't us - just the rest of Australia.

Any mention of Matt Thomas flipping the bird?

Why do Port players insist on giving the middle finger to their Collingwood opponents?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well he made Robert Walls' 'villain of the week' on One week at a time. TSW is right, if that was a Carlton player he'd have called it colourful and good for the game.

It was the only mention we got, apart from Sloane breaking his thumb whilrst showing vision of the Frenchman counting his plums.

Robert Walls is still bitter towards the club though because we ended his coaching career so I wouldn't worry about what this tosser says.

5aa suggests he was clipped rather heavily by the leadership group for it.

I'm not a big fan of what Hendo did and I'm not surprised the Leadership Group would have had a few words with him..

However 5aa - in particular Cornes and Rowey's moral highground about it last night was quite irritating. Didn't 5aa sports show run a comp/promotion a while back (I think it was 1998) encouraging a Port or Crows player to do a sommersault after a goal as a celebration which ultimately was purely a self serving advertisement/promotion for the station just like the "T" gesture was for the Today Show. Incredibly hypocritical for anyone from that station to have a go at Hendo for a contrived goal celebration to promote a TV show when they essentially have encouraged players to do the same thing in the past.

I'm not a big fan of what Hendo did and I'm not surprised the Leadership Group would have had a few words with him..

However 5aa - in particular Cornes and Rowey's moral highground about it last night was quite irritating. Didn't 5aa sports show run a comp/promotion a while back (I think it was 1998) encouraging a Port or Crows player to do a sommersault after a goal as a celebration which ultimately was purely a self serving advertisement/promotion for the station just like the "T" gesture was for the Today Show. Incredibly hypocritical for anyone from that station to have a go at Hendo for a contrived goal celebration to promote a TV show when they essentially have encouraged players to do the same thing in the past.
That... is a good point

Cornes is a C7 employee. Today show is on C9.

Which I note is also one of your sponsors.

5aa suggests he was clipped rather heavily by the leadership group for it.
Well, if he was doing it for the Today show then fair enough. You can assume that his mind obviously wasn't 100% on kicking that goal when he was running alone in the forward 50. I have absolutely nothing against celebrations like the one he did so long as they're spur of the moment things, but it doesn't seem like Hendo's was, I guess that's the issue here.

Pretty sure 5AA ran a comp in 99 as well getting people to do a drop kick goal and the money went up in increments every week noone did one. Pretty sure Jameson did it in the last round and got a reasonable sum of money for it.

I recall Jameson doing it in his last ever game, might have been Triple M, not sure.

Anyway this is the biggest storm in a tea cup ever. Look at some of the celebrations in other sports around the world when a goal is scored.

I recall Jameson doing it in his last ever game, might have been Triple M, not sure.

Anyway this is the biggest storm in a tea cup ever. Look at some of the celebrations in other sports around the world when a goal is scored.

1. Correct - Jameson scored from a drop kick in his last game.

2. Agree 100%. I can't believe some of the comments being made about Henderson on these boards the past couple of days. Some very harsh comments. To those bagging him - I suppose if he turns up late for a training session you would want him delisted immediately :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo's Celebration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back