Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

You right its not a popularity contest...but i know former premiership players, former premiership coaches, current AFL Premiership coaches, current AFL players..that do rate him...we could do this all day every day.... but we won't..:D

Henry has flaws, he knows it, the coaching staff know it. Trust me when i say he is trying his hardest to change..as i said before...he is seeking advice from outside the club as well to help him....

I don't think you'll find that even Hank's harshest critics would question his commitment and effort, the problem is he has very limited football ability. Trying hard won't change this. There are lot of blokes running around in lower level competitions who try really hard, Hank really should be joining them.

The only way to address this issue is to play Slattery midfield for Bendigo.

A period of four to six weeks is needed.

I do agree with this....no more byes for bendigo?? He has only played 2 games of footy in the past 6 weeks as well, which makes it hard for him to press his case (not the only one)..

I do agree with this....no more byes for bendigo?? He has only played 2 games of footy in the past 6 weeks as well, which makes it hard for him to press his case (not the only one)..

According to reports played midfield for Bendigo against Coburg Tigers - matched up on Tuck - got pantsed - played the next week against Adelaide,

Jesus....Henry Slattery ffs surely everyone has seen enough of this potato to come to the conclusion that regardless of the effort he puts in, he is just no good.

He like Welsh, Lovett Murray and Dyson are the poster children of Essendon Mediocritry for the last 5 years. The sooner these guys stop getting a game the sooner as supporters we realise we are getting better as a football side. Its nothing personal, its the business of being a successful side.

Jesus....Henry Slattery ffs surely everyone has seen enough of this potato to come to the conclusion that regardless of the effort he puts in, he is just no good.

He like Welsh, Lovett Murray and Dyson are the poster children of Essendon Mediocritry for the last 5 years. The sooner these guys stop getting a game the sooner as supporters we realise we are getting better as a football side. Its nothing personal, its the business of being a successful side.

How dare you speak logic !!

I hope he makes it to 100 games, he's on 94 now afterall. But whether it's with Essendon or not is another matter. If he were offered up for trade would anyone bite? The guy tries hard, in fact I have no doubt he gives 100% all the time. Sadly for him though, effort or not, he's limited. So I have my doubts whether anyone would take him..

I hope he makes it to 100 games, he's on 94 now afterall. But whether it's with Essendon or not is another matter. If he were offered up for trade would anyone bite? The guy tries hard, in fact I have no doubt he gives 100% all the time. Sadly for him though, effort or not, he's limited. So I have my doubts whether anyone would take him..

Maybe Sheeds will want him if he's a good guy to have around the place (which I don't dispute at all).

Or hell, maybe we're not going to get rid of him. Maybe Hird, Grant, Wallis and Friends are going to perform experiments and turn him into some sort of SuperRoboSlatts.

All I know is that he's gotta be a better depth player than he already is.

Or much more likely we spent our efforts on Caddy, with Slattery involved in the 3 way deal with Brisbane we were working on, then when it fell through we couldn't get it done on top of the Jenkins deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or much more likely we spent our efforts on Caddy, with Slattery involved in the 3 way deal with Brisbane we were working on, then when it fell through we couldn't get it done on top of the Jenkins deal.

Henry Slattery would not get a game at any other club.
The deal fell through with Brisbane because Brisbane didn't want him.

Henry Slattery would not get a game at any other club.
The deal fell through with Brisbane because Brisbane didn't want him.

Forgive me if I believe my sources ahead of your speculation.

The end is near for Henry.

You're forgiven. Your sources are evidently wrong, he was obviously on the table and there weren't 3-4 clubs jumping over each other to get him. He can consider himself lucky to still be on an AFL list.

Why are they "evidently" wrong? Just because a trade didn't get done, doesn't mean that there wasn't genuine interest. How many trades have not gone through because of little things? Reports of the Caddy deal breaking down came through at about 1.50-1.55. We just managed to get the Jenkins deal done in time, and that wasn't even intrinsically locked into a 3-way deal. It was also a priority because Jenkins was uncontracted, and going for either nothing, or whatever we could get.

Just assume that I'm right for a second. If Slattery talks were locked into a deal where Brisbane were dealing with the Suns as much as with us, and that fell through with 5-10 minutes to go, how would it be possible to negotiate a fair trade in that time? Even Sydney would have struggled from that position.

Oh well if they really were interested they will get another crack next year after he spends the year playing for Bendigo.

Hopefully next time we won't be seeking to much compensation for our scraps.

Why are they "evidently" wrong? Just because a trade didn't get done, doesn't mean that there wasn't genuine interest. How many trades have not gone through because of little things? Reports of the Caddy deal breaking down came through at about 1.50-1.55. We just managed to get the Jenkins deal done in time, and that wasn't even intrinsically locked into a 3-way deal. It was also a priority because Jenkins was uncontracted, and going for either nothing, or whatever we could get.

Just assume that I'm right for a second. If Slattery talks were locked into a deal where Brisbane were dealing with the Suns as much as with us, and that fell through with 5-10 minutes to go, how would it be possible to negotiate a fair trade in that time? Even Sydney would have struggled from that position.

Shock horror, a deal involving Henry Slattery to get a pick worthy of offering to the GC for Caddy fell through. Just assume that I'm right here for a second, why wouldn't Essendon try to upgrade our 3rd round pick a couple of places by swapping Slattery and our 3rd round for North Melbourne's 3rd round? Something for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back