Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

In 5-10 minutes?

Trade week lasts for over a week, Ben. Or are you trying to say that Essendon refused to speak with any clubs about any of its players for the entire week, until after the Caddy deal fell down?

So an average player who can't get a game in the seniors has clubs all over him but Essendon refuse to enter into discussions despite him clearly not being a favored player at the club.

Your Slattery man love is making you delusional, mate.

Trade week lasts for over a week, Ben. Or are you trying to say that Essendon refused to speak with any clubs about any of its players for the entire week, until after the Caddy deal fell down?

So an average player who can't get a game in the seniors has clubs all over him but Essendon refuse to enter into discussions despite him clearly not being a favored player at the club.

Your Slattery man love is making you delusional, mate.

Not favored by one member of the coaching panel, 3 others still see a role for him. Those 3 are pleased that he didn't get traded.

I will repeat again: Josh Caddy was our number 1 priority during trade week...our focus all week was on securing him. We didn't get our man this year.

I will repeat again: Josh Caddy was our number 1 priority during trade week...our focus all week was on securing him. We didn't get our man this year.

The whole of Australia knows this, mate. Still doesn't answer the question, does it. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the Essendon fc refused to speak to any club about Slattery despite a number of clubs being super keen on him?

I reckon we need an IP check. ;)

Not favored by one member of the coaching panel, 3 others still see a role for him. Those 3 are pleased that he didn't get traded.

Well given that he played reserves most of the year I think it's fair to say that the person that matters doesn't rate him. Don't you?

Well given that he played reserves most of the year I think it's fair to say that the person that matters doesn't rate him. Don't you?

Because a deal wasn't done proves nothing. If other clubs (or at least some of their staff) rate Slattery there are MANY reasons why a deal may not have gone through.

Correct me if I'm wrong... because this argument is getting sidetracked all over the place. If BtG said he heard "that some other clubs, rate/are interested in Slattery" what evidence do you have to say that he is wrong?

The fact that he wasn't traded seems about the best anyone on here can muster.

Because a deal wasn't done proves nothing. If other clubs (or at least some of their staff) rate Slattery there are MANY reasons why a deal may not have gone through.

Correct me if I'm wrong... because this argument is getting sidetracked all over the place. If BtG said he heard "that some other clubs, rate/are interested in Slattery" what evidence do you have to say that he is wrong?

The fact that he wasn't traded seems about the best anyone on here can muster.

Huh? I have already stated that Brisbane most likely did show some interest. Just not to the levels which has been suggested and also that us putting all our eggs in the Caddy basket was not the reason a deal wasn't done for Slatts.

The only answer I've had to my question thus far is "in the last 5 minutes?". If anyone seriously believes that our club refused to speak to any clubs about any of our players until the last 5 minutes of trade week, then to be honest it is not even worth discussing with them.

Delusion has quite clearly set in. I think Yaco has touched on something here. When it comes to Slattery, his fans will do anything to convince themselves of his greatness.

In reality Brisbane most likely enquired about him, made a tentative offer of say their 4th round pick? had it knocked back by Essendon and then thought "oh well we don't want to give up much more then that so we will give it a miss"

This is much more believable and logical than what others will have you believe.

The whole of Australia knows this, mate. Still doesn't answer the question, does it. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the Essendon fc refused to speak to any club about Slattery despite a number of clubs being super keen on him?

I reckon we need an IP check. ;)

Not saying that at all, i am saying that the Caddy deal was the deal we wanted, and the deal we spent all of our time on....Brisbane was not the only club interested in Henry, but we spent all our time trying to get Caddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying that at all, i am saying that the Caddy deal was the deal we wanted, and the deal we spent all of our time on....Brisbane was not the only club interested in Henry, but we spent all our time trying to get Caddy

So we spent 8 days on one trade and couldn't spare 2 hours out of 8 days to discuss other trades? Hird and co really are simple then. I mean they can only handle one task for 8 days. So the entire Jenkins deal just magically happened in 5 minutes?

Heaven help us.

@ Pevers

Which is what I've been getting at. If what Slappery is saying is even remotely true it makes hird, Dodoro and Keane the biggest dimwits in the history of the AFL trade period.

They should all be sacked for being so incompetent and stupid.

So we spent 8 days on one trade and couldn't spare 2 hours out of 8 days to discuss other trades? Hird and co really are simple then. I mean they can only handle one task for 8 days. So the entire Jenkins deal just magically happened in 5 minutes?

Heaven help us.

FFS......Of course we talked about other trades, but Caddy is the one we wanted and yes, we spent 8 days trying to get Caddy. You can make what u want out of it, but it is possible, that Henry was on his way to Brisbane, but the deal fell through.

As Skeeta said, Hank's trade was not high priority, he was not going to walk, he was contracted....Jenkins on the other hand was not

Why lose Jenkins for nothing because you're trying to trade a contracted player, when you can focus on trading you're uncontracted players now and trading Slattery, when he's uncontracted, next year?

Why are we the only administration in AFL history that is only capable of working 1 deal at a time during trade week when all other clubs can juggle multiple dealings at the one time?

I think far too many people are taking the words of Hamilton far too literally.

Why lose Jenkins for nothing because you're trying to trade a contracted player, when you can focus on trading you're uncontracted players now and trading Slattery, when he's uncontracted, next year?

So now they can handle 2 trades but not three. Their mums would be so proud.

Why not wait till next year when our trade position is non existent for Hank. Good plan.

So now they can handle 2 trades but not three. Their mums would be so proud.

Why not wait till next year when our trade position is non existent for Hank. Good plan.
Do you rate Hank?

If you don't, then why do you care if we can or can't do a trade. If he's so shit like everyone says, no one will trade for him anyway, contracted or uncontracted. So really, we've never had a trade position re: Hank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back