Herald Sun Shield 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

grand final rematch between assumption and essendon keilor next wednesday. should be a decent game.
how is essendon looking this yr having lost so many key players from last yr like mckernan, white, banner etc...

Word is that Power don't want them to play school footy so the principal has had to step in and tell them where to get off.

haha our school principal wuldnt do shit 4 our footy team, but all the boys that hav played power in recent years hav been allowed 2 play so i dont c y they wuld change that this year.
where did ya hear that?

i have no idea what sale catholic college is like. but from previous results they havent been so successful and they will most likely struggle this year with a tough pool with st joeys geelong and de la salle, who both qualified for the semis last year and also st bedes who others see to underestimate.

whitefriars would be my pick for the other acc pool with st bernards, mazenod and parade the other schools.

Parade is my choice, very strong line up this year but still a few injuries going into this week against mazenod about 5 - 7 blokes out but will still get up easy.

Word is that Power don't want them to play school footy so the principal has had to step in and tell them where to get off.

interesting, never heard that considering i'm one of those 5 power players. Our coach has been nothing but supportive even coming to the match and taking stats ;)
alos ccs beat beads 115 to 43 or something along those lines. good team effort

good result that, especially considering the the country boys are coming from a school of only 600 boys and girls. Gonna be tough coming up against St Joey's though, but word is Sale coach has a few tricks up his sleave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Tom Young, he had something like 40 possessions for the match, and won best on for CCS

Sandison also dominant in the ruck all game barely losing a hit out and giving the mids first use.
Dowse solid in the packs got first hands on it to feed the running players.
Collins was lively up forward snagging atleast 4. great set shot.
Jones kept his man to next to nothing at full back.
Trbovich and Carolan great across half back always giving a contest bringing the ball to ground for the runners like Armistead and Young to swoop on.

good team effort all round i'd say ;)

St Pat's far too strong for boys of Essendon

6/05/2009 9:48:00 PM
ST PATRICK'S College sounded a warning to the other schools in the Herald Sun Shield yesterday.In a rematch of the 2005 final, St Pat's had too much run for Penleigh Essendon Grammar School, taking the win 14.9 (93) to 7.6 (48).
Makeshift ruckman Nicholas O'Keefe, normally on the wing, consistently won the tap against his bigger opponents and his mobility around the ground was telling.
And when not driving his team forward, he was putting his body on the line, backing into packs to help out his defenders.
Onballers Jordan Alexander, Josh Cowan and Edward Arthurson were tireless, while Marc James was a rock at centre half-back.
Then there was Ben Peters (four goals).
Returning from a 12-month lay-off due to injury, he booted three goals in five minutes during the second term to help set up the win.
Coach Howard Clark said the victory would make other schools take notice of his side's credentials.
"Today we could only lose the shield, we couldn't win it," he said.
"We won it in 2005; let's see how we get on here."
After a low-scoring first quarter, the second term was goal-for-goal until Peters moved to full-forward, dragging PEGS' Josh Toy - who was being watched by a Geelong scout - with him. Not only did the move quash Toy's run
off half-back, but it also gave St Pat's a handy break going into half-time.
PEGS fought its way back into the game in the third quarter, mainly through Jake Melksham's work in the middle, and was confident it could overhaul the 16-point deficit in the last stanza.
However, St Pat's once again got its running game going and a costly turnover allowed Matthew Begbie to waltz into an open goal, shutting the door on PEGS' hopes of a comeback.
Two goals to Nick O'Brien (three) and one to Alec Del Papa were the icing on the cake.
St Pat's will progress to the semi-final if it beats Box Hill and Bendigo, both of whom PEGS has already beaten.

moz-screenshot.jpg
:)

Has everyone forgotten about assumption???
Its as if they don't even exist, and yet they are a team that have a history of winning as the underdogs as they were last year.
the mighty dark and light blues will be a presence yet again this season u can count on that!!

Car'n Assumption!!!!!!

Ballarat Courier today -

St Patrick's coach Howard Clark wary of lapse against Box Hill in Herald Sun Shield

DAVID POLKINGHORNE
12/05/2009 10:50:00 PM
ST PATRICK'S College must maintain its focus against Box Hill Secondary College in its second game in the Herald Sun Shield at its home ground today.
It would be all too easy to think it has done the hard yards after beating Penleigh Essendon Grammar School by 45 points last week.
And it is something coach Howard Clark is wary of.
"Beating PEGS is a wonderful start but it's only one game out of the three really," he said.
PEGS has two wins and one loss _ having beaten Box Hill and Bendigo _ while Box Hill has a 1-1 record after also defeating Bendigo.
A loss of intensity against the Melbourne school would see it needing a good win in its last pool game to go through to the semi-final _ most likely against Geelong's St Joseph's College, which boasts the likes of Jimmy Bartel
and Matthew Scarlett as old scholars.
St Pat's centre half-forward Jake Dunne has been cleared to play after suffering concussion against PEGS, while Hayden Walters will return to the ruck allowing last week's best-on-ground Nicholas O'Keefe to go back to the
wing.
But it is not all good news on the injury front.
Captain and centre half-back Marc James has a thigh strain and will miss, while vice-captain Sam Howard is also out injured.
"(James is) a big loss but having Ben Peters come back, he'll float back to centre half-back and do the role that James would've done," Clark said.
"Structurally we don't lose much but his leadership (will be missed)."
Robert Lockett will assume the captaincy duties.
Clark has a multitude of talent which he hopes will bring the shield back to Ballarat.
Full-forward Nicholas O'Brien was an under-15 All Australian last year, while onballer Josh Cowan and Peters are members of the under-18 Victorian country squad. St Pat's has already ticked one box, at 1.30pm today it must not allow complacency to stop it from ticking the second.

assumption again impressive victors in there pool defeating the highly rated marcillin college by 23pts on wednesday. any one else have any other results from previous round? joey's spc dominating their pools, i hope they can keep it up!finials looking to be a cracker :thumbsu:. whos the other pool favorite i've left out:confused: sorry???

assumption again impressive victors in there pool defeating the highly rated marcillin college by 23pts on wednesday. any one else have any other results from previous round? joey's spc dominating their pools, i hope they can keep it up!finials looking to be a cracker :thumbsu:. whos the other pool favorite i've left out:confused: sorry???

parade or whitefriars look to take out the other pool, winner of there match decides top spot. will definetly be a cracker, both highly rated.

st joeys look comfortable to take out the other acc pool with a match against catholic college sale, if a lose will be a 3-way tie (provided de la salle beat st bedes) at 2-1..but then again would prosume joeys would take it still with a high %

yeah joeys have a % of around 230 with other teams at the moment around 130
joeys have have some nig names coming back in as well
christensen, mcmillan pittard are due to come back in so i think they should win comfortably this week against sale

rumour has it Sale got up today against St Joes, any truth to it? If so, could be the biggest upset for some time

rumour has it Sale got up today against St Joes, any truth to it? If so, could be the biggest upset for some time

they would be playing tomorrow wouldnt they? being apart of the acc fixtured matches...?

if so. they would be huge..opens up de la with a very slim chance, would need to get a very decent win to st bedes tomorrow. anyone interested in that, its the first of the double header at elsternwick starting at 11:30, with st bernards and mazenod to follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun Shield 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back