Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm- I'm a November punter at best, but de'ms very tasty odds. Might think about that one...:)
Yeah, I'm historically not a punter, but it's free money I'm playing with, and if I can turn it into a good night out by the end of the year, then who am I to complain... :D

My strategy seems pretty simple (up until this week). split half of my bets between two *lock* matches.

Bloody freo against Richmond hurt cause I broke my rule and made a third bet on a drunken Saturday night... :)

Still haven't got a straight answer for this yet

Kornes coming in this week regardless for Pearce. The question is that I have to downgrade Tuck to get the extra cash, but for who?

If I goto Cotchin, who won;t play this week but is supposed to be a gun, after the upgrade will only give me approx $20k in reserve...

But if I downgrade Tuck down to a basement player..such as an Ebert or Selwood or Dangerfield type player, this will give me the extra $45k difference in the price of Cotchin who is 139,900 i think compared to the 94,200 price of these guys.

Or I could take the risk and go down to Valenti and get another 10k becuase he is a rookie

Thoughts and Opinions?

There's also Hinkley to consider... I would discourage you from selecting anyone who *isn't* playing. :)

Kornes coming in this week regardless for Pearce. The question is that I have to downgrade Tuck to get the extra cash, but for who?

If I goto Cotchin, who won;t play this week but is supposed to be a gun, after the upgrade will only give me approx $20k in reserve...

But if I downgrade Tuck down to a basement player..such as an Ebert or Selwood or Dangerfield type player, this will give me the extra $45k difference in the price of Cotchin who is 139,900 i think compared to the 94,200 price of these guys.

Or I could take the risk and go down to Valenti and get another 10k becuase he is a rookie

Thoughts and Opinions?

Tough one.

I would personally get a Selwood or Ebert or Hinkley, in that order depending on who gets named this week.

I'm assuming you have another midfield cash cow, you can downgrade that one to Cotchin in the future.

Tough one.

I would personally get a Selwood or Ebert or Hinkley, in that order depending on who gets named this week.

I'm assuming you have another midfield cash cow, you can downgrade that one to Cotchin in the future.

My midfield after this week will be

Kornes, Mitchell, Stevens, Houli, Callan, Jones with Bird + new rookie on bench

So yes I will have Callan, Bird and even Houli to trade later

How long is Mayne out for, because I believe he is a lot better than Hinkley, so should get straight back into the team

Thoughts and Opinions?

I think Ebert and Selwood are the safest bets. Toss a coin on which one. They should play about 10 games each. The others are all riskier.

You could also consider Armitage who I think has a very good chance of holding his spot, but he's a lot more expensive too and it might become cost restrictive.

I think Ebert and Selwood are the safest bets. Toss a coin on which one. They should play about 10 games each. The others are all riskier.

You could also consider Armitage who I think has a very good chance of holding his spot, but he's a lot more expensive too and it might become cost restrictive.

yeh if I go down to Armo, which I thought about, wouldn't give me enough cash to get Kornes

Thoughts on Heath Scotland?

Don't like him

The addition of Judd and Stevens back into the team, as well as Murphy stepping up has really hurt his output.

Doesn't get the cheap ball off HB like last year and the ability to rrun free in the centre without any competition

Please name in order of preferred cash cows:

Hinkley (appears good)
Dangerfield (I heard he kicked 8.4 in the reserves or equivalent)
Valenti (I heard he played really well in the NAB cup) :confused:

I am thinking of Dangerfield, Valenti then Hinkley...

A recurring question I have is whether Bartel and Ablett are worth their price or get someone like Dal, Kornes and co :confused:

Don't like him

The addition of Judd and Stevens back into the team, as well as Murphy stepping up has really hurt his output.

Doesn't get the cheap ball off HB like last year and the ability to rrun free in the centre without any competition

Thanks

What about a cheapish (under $500k) forward?

Kosi. 3 good games have run him into form. Saints have no rucks this week and he'll spend some time on the ball. B/E of 39.

NG Brown. Couple of good games and B/E of 67.

Lloyd. Two big games and two shockers. Injury prone(?) and B/E of 117. Will be inconsistent. Screw him, just talked myself out.

Richoooooooo. Tempting but risky.

Fella's, thoughts on how Mrs. Palmer might go against the cats?
Would it be wierd to assume Ling might tag him? Who else have freo got?
Might be a safer option to start Bird against Kangas(young players always seem to do well against us) or maybe Wona against Brissi(seem to have fairly loose checking)
Thoughts?

Apparently Ebert was pretty good in the WAFL last week. Make of it what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks

Kosi. 3 good games have run him into form. Saints have no rucks this week and he'll spend some time on the ball. B/E of 39.

Lloyd. Two big games and two shockers. Injury prone(?) and B/E of 117. Will be inconsistent. Screw him, just talked myself out.

Jonathan Brown.

Fella's, thoughts on how Mrs. Palmer might go against the cats?
Would it be wierd to assume Ling might tag him? Who else have freo got?
Might be a safer option to start Bird against Kangas(young players always seem to do well against us) or maybe Wona against Brissi(seem to have fairly loose checking)
Thoughts?

I heard Ling has an ankle injury... has anyone else heard this?

Deledio has been the most consistent of your possible options so far, for a riskier option you can add Bradshaw and Medhurst to your list. If you already have Riewoldt and Brown and don't want Deledio I would take Richardson.

Deledio has been the most consistent of your possible options so far, for a riskier option you can add Bradshaw and Medhurst to your list. If you already have Riewoldt and Brown and don't want Deledio I would take Richardson.

Thanks

I agree that its risky territory full-stop...

That would be handy! (ling injury) just for the sake i dont have to worry.
Anyway, Pratty and Gibbo out now, how much is it going to take to get Scott Thompson back into the team i wonder????

That would be handy! (ling injury) just for the sake i dont have to worry.
Anyway, Pratty and Gibbo out now, how much is it going to take to get Scott Thompson back into the team i wonder????

It'd be cool if he did come back for the 1 game Pratt misses and is then not played for the rest of the season :)

(Guess who sideways traded to Wona last week ;))

Thanks

Out of those 4

In order- Kosi, Richo, Browny, Lloyd (only plays well with Lucas)

What about someone like Didak, Murphy? Don't know their prices, but could be unique

Add Stokes to that list as well

Collingwood v Essendon
MCG, Friday April 25, 2008

COLLINGWOOD
B: Heath Shaw, Shane Wakelin, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Harry O’Brien
C: Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan, Tarkyn Lockyer
HF: Alan Didak, Anthony Rocca, Paul Medhurst
F: Cameron Wood, Travis Cloke, Dale Thomas
Foll: Josh Fraser, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis
Int: Martin Clarke, Ben Johnson, Ryan Cook, Rhyce Shaw
Emg: Sharrod Wellingham, Chris Bryan, Shannon Cox

In: Maxwell, Cook
Out: Ben Reid (injured - quad), Brodie Holland (injured - ankle)

ESSENDON
B: Andrew Welsh, Mal Michael, Dustin Fletcher
HB: Bachar Houli, Patrick Ryder, Kyle Reimers
C: Angus Monfries, Jobe Watson, Ricky Dyson
HF: Henry Slattery, Adam McPhee, Andrew Lovett
F: Matthew Lloyd, David Hille, Alwyn Davey
Foll: Jason Laycock, Jason Winderlich, Brent Stanton
Int: Courtney Johns, Jay Nash, Tayte Pears, Adam Ramanauskas
Emg: Darcy Daniher, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Damien Peverill

In: Johns
Out: Lovett-Murray (omitted)

Geelong v Fremantle
Subiaco, Friday, April 25, 2008

FREMANTLE
B: Steven Dodd, Antoni Grover, Roger Hayden
HB: Ryan Crowley, Luke McPharlin, Michael Johnson
C: David Mundy, Rhys Palmer, Byron Schammer
HF: Des Headland, Ryan Murphy, Dean Solomon
F: Peter Bell, Matthew Pavlich, Jeff Farmer
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Josh Carr, Shaun McManus
Int: Marcus Drum, Daniel Gilmore, Clayton Hinkley, Garrick Ibbotson,
Emg: Brock O’Brien, Robert Warnock, Scott Thornton

In: Headland, Murphy
Out: Thornton, Matthew Carr (omitted)

GEELONG
B: Tom Harley, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt
HB: Darren Milburn, Harry Taylor, Corey Enright
C: Cameron Ling, Joel Selwood, Jimmy Bartel
HF: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, Paul Chapman
F: James Kelly, Tom Hawkins, Mathew Stokes
Foll: Mark Blake, Gary Ablett, Joel Corey
Int: Shane Mumford, Andrew Mackie, Ryan Gamble, David Wojcinski
Emg: Brent Prismall, Max Rooke, Trent West

In: Taylor, Gamble, Mumford (2007 Rookie Draft, from Geelong's VFL team)
Out: Prismall, West, Rooke (omitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back