Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy with my 2nd starting ruck ATM - D.Cox , Wood (emerg.West & Deluca)
Not sure who to get & I have got $500k in the bank.
Some are saying he is struggling to hold his place so your help would be appreciated :)

16 trades + 200k in the kitty.

Was a stupid mistake. I had Kreuzer and West on the Thursday morning. But decided to trade it because
A) Kruezer was going to miss weeks
B) Otto was meant to be a one week injury :rolleyes:

Backline is a worry. Too many mid range players. ie- Brown, Nicoski and Lovett-Murray. Need to upgrade one of those to a gun. Then there is the thought of not having a permanent emergency in your backline.

Downgrade Bird to an Ibbo and upgrade Jones or Stevens to a gun.

Only IMO

I have never posted my team on the board before, but for the first time I really need some advice on where to improve. I am 0-2 and have a huge league match this week. Copped the 3 stronger teams in the first 3 rounds, however have a nice run home, so want to build now.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated... (as I think I have a reasonable team)

Backs:

Cornes, Bradshaw, Kennelly, Mattner, Goddard, Johncock, Lovett-Murray
(Proud, Edwards)

Mids:

Corey, Goodes, Cross, Stanton, Stevens, Houli
(Morton, Bird)

Rucks:

Cox, Simmonds
(Hampson, West)

Forwards:

J. Brown, Pavlich, S.Johnson, Burton, Rioli, Hill, McKinley
(Gamble, Tippet)

Have 17 trades left and 305k in bank.

Looking to get rid of Hill and Lovett-Murray (why did I get him :mad:)

Any Thoughts? :thumbsu:

If your planning to make any trades perhaps Hill --> Reiwoldt may be worthwhile after he dropped in price but on way back up with good points last 2 weeks and a B/E of 90 and unlike BJ is not plummeting still further and further and further down the chain !

Else I think you have a strong team , would be planning to upgrade the likes of Mattner/Symes etc or thinking to have them as keepers?

Hey guys im having trouble trying to put my team on here..can someone help. I have my team and photobucket up and im pressing printscreen on my keyboard but nothing happens..help is appreciated :thumbsu:

If your planning to make any trades perhaps Hill --> Reiwoldt may be worthwhile after he dropped in price but on way back up with good points last 2 weeks and a B/E of 90 and unlike BJ is not plummeting still further and further and further down the chain !

Else I think you have a strong team , would be planning to upgrade the likes of Mattner/Symes etc or thinking to have them as keepers?

Mate I don't have Symes, but I would consider Mattner as a keeper at this stage. He has scored well, gets plently of the ball and it was only his clangers that let him down this week (8 to be exact). Otherwise, still got plently of the ball. This week was the first time I actually saw him play though.

I was thinking of bringing in Symes for NLM this week. Is it to late to bring in Symes now? Some nice scores last couple of weeks ... but who know if that will continue.

Other trade I was considering was Hill to Riewoldt or Franklin ...

Thoughts?

Not happy with my 2nd starting ruck ATM - D.Cox , Wood (emerg.West & Deluca)
Not sure who to get & I have got $500k in the bank.
Some are saying he is struggling to hold his place so your help would be appreciated :)

You can go cheap and risky and jump on Kreuzer. Thats probably what I would do.

You could go hard and pick up a White or Lade.

Or go sideways to a Leuenburger,

I'd go Kreuzer.

Nietz LTI list = Valenti elavated??
dunno if this has been discussed yet.

3AW reported before that he'd been promoted. Not sure of any confirmed reports of that, but if true then he will be almost guaranteed a game - otherwise why promote him and pay him the extra salary?

From his VFL form he deserves a senior spot anyway..

Hope so, could be another Wona-esq bargain. Probably the 1 thing melbourne is good for. (oh and an easy 4 points) :p

Okay question i have N.Brown (coll)
Houli Douli
and Mrs Palmer

all in my starting 22.

Which would you look to upgrade first...?

i got Rioli and Leigh Harding as cash cows. (harding is exeeding expectations)

Edit, would be perfect Harding > valenti before V's price goes up.

Hope so, could be another Wona-esq bargain. Probably the 1 thing melbourne is good for. (oh and an easy 4 points) :p

Houli Douli
and Mrs Palmer

all in my starting 22.

i got Rioli and Leigh Harding as cash cows. (harding is exeeding expectations)

Edit, would be perfect Harding > valenti before V's price goes up.

Definitely Brown. :) Houli and Palmer both have the potential to crack a ton... I don't think I could say the same for Brown...

c'mon big V!. :D

Houli Douli
and Mrs Palmer

all in my starting 22.

quote]

I would probs upgrade N.Brown, due to the fact he is a KPP and has not shown signs of being a high SC scorer.
BE AVE LAST 3 RDs AVE
Houli -6 72.8 79
Palmer -5 82.5 81
Brown 6 33 37

To trade out gibbs to judd this week I need another $145,000.

Should I -

a) downgrade tippet to the rookie demons guy that come on the list for neitz

or

b) downgrade h.taylor and bring in pears then use extra cash for judd?

or

c) Do I try and get k.cornes instead

Wouldn't it be better to get judd this week and k.kornes the week after? Judds more expensive right?

Sparts, anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To trade out gibbs to judd this week I need another $145,000.

Should I -

a) downgrade tippet to the rookie demons guy that come on the list for neitz

or

b) downgrade h.taylor and bring in pears then use extra cash for judd?

or

c) Do I try and get k.cornes instead

Wouldn't it be better to get judd this week and k.kornes the week after? Judds more expensive right?

Sparts, anyone?

Do u think Judd is really worth the 590k tag?, i have enugh to get him but was mainly considering mitchell and hodge. If i were u i would go tippet to valenti

Rick Ladson...points scoring machine??
4 scores of a 100+ in 5 weeks and the other was 89

I looking at him as pretty much a lock to be traded into my team this week
you guys have any thoughts? I don't really know to much about him...is he likely to keep this up?

Im also looking at milburn in this week just wondering if anyone has reason for his poor scores last two games? he also only got 7 touches or something like that last week? i missed the game :mad: ..just wasn't in geelongs defense much..is it as simple as that?

Can I ask a general question.

Do people have a game plan?

Or do the majority of people just play responsively to what's going on round by round?

I have a gameplan and its all based around my league.

Prepared to cop a few early losses whilst my team builds and makes some cash.

Others in league will burn trades and not be patient. I am prepared to hold off trading.

In a couple of weeks my team will be where I want it and will have a big run home.

3rd year now of this and have learnt the importance of keeping as many trades as possible until later in year.

i try to have a rough plan in mind, but with injuries and suspensions it can really make any lade plans void pretty quickly.
im using two trades this week to upgrade backline Nico -> Ladson and Brown -> Milburn
Following weeks to include a cash cow cash in and a coresponding upgrade hopefully.

with the aim of leaving roughly 8/9 trade to see me through from round 10 thought to the grand final

but like i said that can be all through out the window in a week as has happened to me this year
(see priddis, Hall, <proud,thompson, hansen backline debarcle> )

Or do the majority of people just play responsively to what's going on round by round?

I have a 5 week 9 trade plan.

It gets modified from week to week.

I plan to be ranked #1 in 2 weeks with two scores of 3000.

Hey that makes me think, whats the highest ever round score by anyone in SC? Anyone cracked the 3000?

I have a 5 week 9 trade plan.

It gets modified from week to week.

I plan to be ranked #1 in 2 weeks with two scores of 3000.

Hey that makes me think, whats the highest ever round score by anyone in SC? Anyone cracked the 3000?

Not sure... I would imagine it would get cracked in the later part of fthe season though...

Had a plan but Rusling (yes I know!!) Dew & Cogs all working against me. Have gone out hard and will sit and wait a few rounds while I come up against some questionable teams.

Then I strike!:D

You can go cheap and risky and jump on Kreuzer. Thats probably what I would do.

You could go hard and pick up a White or Lade.

Or go sideways to a Leuenburger,

I'd go Kreuzer.
Yeah not keen on the sideways trade
I have thought of Kreuzer (Would save me $30k) but do you think it's a bit risky considering the lack of emerg. back up I have.
As said b4 I have the cash to upgrade but don't want to spend too much in my 2nd ruck area.
My other thoughts were Lade or even Kozi (Although he is starting to get a bit pricey & would take an extra $200k from my bank acc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back