Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not keen on the sideways trade
I have thought of Kreuzer (Would save me $30k) but do you think it's a bit risky considering the lack of emerg. back up I have.
As said b4 I have the cash to upgrade but don't want to spend too much in my 2nd ruck area.
My other thoughts were Lade or even Kozi (Although he is starting to get a bit pricey & would take an extra $200k from my bank acc.)

Then why don't you swap one of your bench to Kreuzer, start him, and have Wood as the perfect reserve averaging 50?

Here's just a few of my observations. Hope they will be useful to some people:

If you want to do well you have to watch games. You can't just judge people's form off the scores you see each week. It is watching games that lets you know who's improving, who's gotten lucky, and who's dropping off. You can still make mistakes, but it will give you a much better idea.

Once you have an idea of a players form you can work out if they should score better or worse than their average. You then take this information in conjunction with info about breakevens and determine when to trade.

Then you TRADE! Too many people hang on to players and miss the trade spot. BJ is the big example of this so far this year. The guy has done nothnig to suggest he is fit or in form yet people held on to him after round three, the time when the numbers clearly pointed to a trade, because of last year. Forget last year, don't hang on to players without a very good reason.

Players who you should hang on to are guys like Brown, Pav and Riewoldt. They have been unlucky or had some bad games, but they have still shown form and you can expect them to get back to it. A shocker of a game here or there isn't the same cause for concern as a few average games in a row.

Don't hang on to trades for the sake of it. While we all want to save the trades if we can you will miss out if you are too hesitant. So far this year I have bitten the bullet and made trades on Hill, McKinley, and Taylor. While offloading Lovett-Murray, Hartlett and A.Edwards. I used them early and I've used 5 so far, but I don't regret it at all. Trades are there to be used!

With all this in mind, don't get too down over a bad week. The guy who top-scored this last week with 2777 has an average of 1706. There is a HEAP of luck involved. Don't start worrying just because some guys had an off week. Reason things through, don't just look at numbers.

SJ, I think you have failed to pull the trigger on your backline quick enough. You have enough trades so the time has come to shift out some cows like Tuck and get in players like Goddard. Don't worry about guns, you can try for them later. I'd just spend 4 or so trades getting some consistent performers at this stage.

My team is: http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=other_teams&lid=1&tid=85758

I need to work on the rucks, mids and backs a little still. 4 trades to get them more sorted I hope.

Then why don't you swap one of your bench to Kreuzer, start him, and have Wood as the perfect reserve averaging 50?

Hmmm, food for thought
now to consider the options -
opt. 1 - D.Cox , Kruezer (Emerg. Wood & West) Would cost me $109,700
opt. 2 - D.Cox , Kruezer (Emerg. Wood & Deluca) Would cost me $80,500
opt. 3 - D.Cox , Kruezer (Emerg. West & Deluca) Would save me $36,800

Only problem I see is if he gets droped & struggles to get back in the side ( which is the whisper) I would have over 200K wasting on the bench.

just read an article on my phone about Richmond.

Wallace claims that little change will be made to the side and that "its not how players play offensively but how they play defensively that will determine if they come back into the side" thats presumably a crack at Bowden's 3 goals.

He has been b.o.g. for 2 weeks in a row for ****s sakes.

sigh.

just read an article on my phone about Richmond.

Wallace claims that little change will be made to the side and that "its not how players play offensively but how they play defensively that will determine if they come back into the side" thats presumably a crack at Bowden's 3 goals.

He has been b.o.g. for 2 weeks in a row for ****s sakes.

sigh.

The tiges have been playing pretty good football without him though... ;)

Can I ask a general question.

Do people have a game plan?

Or do the majority of people just play responsively to what's going on round by round?

I had a plan at the very start, but completely lost the plot in the early weeks- a mix of poor initial player choice and a bit of panic buying.

Now that I've got this all out of my system (I hope), I actually think I've got a reasonably decent team (despite my grizzling), but it's been suffering like everyone's has the last couple of weeks with poor performances from those who should do better.

I will be trading BJ out this week- two weeks late, but hindsight being 20/20 and all that. To whom depends- if Gamble comes straight back, and Valenti is named, then it will probably be down to Valenti, and one of my mid cows will turn into another gun- Kornes/Judd are probably top of the list. If not, it might be for Mckinley, and I sit on the cash for another week. I will then be going after another backman the following week, then another mid. That should leave me with around 8 trades left. Then my plan sort of peters out- will have to see how my lads are travelling and act accordingly.

I don't care about my overall position at all. Just after a win in my league. If I can do that, or at least come close, then next year will see an infinitely improved team Munk3y.

Does armitage look likely to have a regular spot ? Palmer to armitage earning about 80k to add to the bank - to throw out a hill/mooney/waters

Any clue whats happening with kennelly ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does armitage look likely to have a regular spot ? Palmer to armitage earning about 80k to add to the bank - to throw out a hill/mooney/waters

The problem with Armi - he's too expensive to trade down to... I mean, it's near 100k that you *don't* get to use to upgrade when going down to him...

If he plays like last week, then hell yeah. TBH a lot of saints fans have been dying to see him finally start, and he certainly didn't disappoint.

That said, you sure you want to lose Palmer that way? Yes, he scored 10 a couple of weeks ago, but came back nicely with 87 last week- the Palmer > Armitage trade is a risky sideways step IMO.

I'm actually not quite sure what you mean by 'throw out a hill/mooney/waters'- are you hoping to upgrade them soon and need the extra cash?

And sorry- no idea with Kennelly (although am interested to hear- he's in my sights...)

m

The problem with Armi - he's too expensive to trade down to... I mean, it's near 100k that you *don't* get to use to upgrade when going down to him...
For some reason i was thinking he was 118k..just checked and reality hit...

Back to the drawing board

If he plays like last week, then hell yeah. TBH a lot of saints fans have been dying to see him finally start, and he certainly didn't disappoint.

That said, you sure you want to lose Palmer that way? Yes, he scored 10 a couple of weeks ago, but came back nicely with 87 last week- the Palmer > Armitage trade is a risky sideways step IMO.

I'm actually not quite sure what you mean by 'throw out a hill/mooney/waters'- are you hoping to upgrade them soon and need the extra cash?

And sorry- no idea with Kennelly (although am interested to hear- he's in my sights...)

m
I have about 180k in the bank, but along with that money i have liabilities like waters/hill/mooney who aint performing - so i was wondering who the weakest link would be outa them - so i can upgrade one to a gun this week

Kennelly:
i asked on the Swans board and apparently it was only a slight concern should be right for this week...
I bloody hope so!

Armo:
As a saints fan i was absolutly rapped to see Armo and Charlie out on the park and doing well last week!
Armo should get a regular game imo thats not to say Ross thinks the same but after Armo's game last week if he repeats even half of what he gave he should find a regular spot and score nicley
That said....I still would hold onto Palmer and i think Armo is to expensive to trade down to.

Iv asked this a couple of times walsey you might might be able to give me some info

Ladson: will he keep it up? i dont know to much about him..but 4 100+ games speaks for its self

Milburn: what has been behind his poor scoring games last two weeks only 7 touches last game?

Im looking at upgrading nico and brown to these two.

1.064 mill to spend on two backs there the two im looking at.

Iv asked this a couple of times walsey you might might be able to give me some info

Ladson: will he keep it up? i dont know to much about him..but 4 100+ games speaks for its self

Milburn: what has been behind his poor scoring games last two weeks only 7 touches last game?

Im looking at upgrading nico and brown to these two.

1.064 mill to spend on two backs there the two im looking at.

I've lamented for not starting the season with Ladson... cept he had an injury cloud...

Both him and Milburn have all thumbs up in my opinion...

your a star mate cheers...I think its best to get a second opinion on trades i tend to get rose coloured glasses about the players i like (edit: in a totally SC hetro kind of way) sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back