Who is the absolutely best defender money can buy:

MacDonald (493k, 103 avg)
Pratt (483k, 103 avg)
Bock (486k, 100 avg)
Johncock (516k, 100 avg)
Bradshaw (434k, 99 avg)
Bowden (487, 87 avg)
Gilbee (409k, 87 avg)

I have dismissed Burgoyne, Goddard and Drummond for injury/consistency concerns, King for being a ferret, and I have most of the other options. I can't trust McLeod unless he pulls some good scores soon.

MacDonald and Pratt aren't proven over time but have been the best this year. I am leaning towards Gilbee for track record or Bradshaw for scoring potential. Gilbee rarely misses games which is a massive plus for me, but is there a better option?

Who is the absolutely best defender money can buy:

MacDonald (493k, 103 avg)
Pratt (483k, 103 avg)
Bock (486k, 100 avg)
Johncock (516k, 100 avg)
Bradshaw (434k, 99 avg)
Bowden (487, 87 avg)
Gilbee (409k, 87 avg)

I have dismissed Burgoyne, Goddard and Drummond for injury/consistency concerns, King for being a ferret, and I have most of the other options. I can't trust McLeod unless he pulls some good scores soon.

MacDonald and Pratt aren't proven over time but have been the best this year. I am leaning towards Gilbee for track record or Bradshaw for scoring potential. Gilbee rarely misses games which is a massive plus for me, but is there a better option?
Stiffy will look good in a week or two.

I have a problem in my midfield goes by the name of Stanton. I've been patient & hoping he'd turn it around but after 2 plus 100 scores over the last 5 weeks he's got 79, 64, 73, 92 & 67. Half of last weeks score came in the 1st qtr. Has a BE of 89 against the Hawks.

I do have some cash to do an upgrade pretty much anyone but Ablett but trying to work out which is the best way to go. Pick a player who has been scoring consistently well like Goodes, Goodwin, Black, Delidio, Cooney, Corey, Salopek etc

Or go for a gun whose value has dropped but is carrying or recovering from injury & hope they come good like Bartel or Cornes & to a lesser extent Hodge or Judd. Bartel & Cornes still likely to fall in price next week as well.

Rest of the midfield is Dal, Hayes, Stevens, Adcock, Palmer, Masten & Cotchin.

Thoughts?

I'm giving him a couple more weeks, he seemed much better against Adelaide and might be a turning point for him. Also Bartel and Boomer will both get cheaper in the next few weeks and they're the logical upgrades, Stanton might lose some value but should still be cheaper to make the trade.
Still have N Brown in the backline to upgrade, and Simmonds is starting to annoy me as well...

Stiffy will look good in a week or two.

SC money no object so I don't mind doing it now, but every point counts! My worry is that 100 points a game seems his peak, Gilbee is a much riskier prospect based on current form but has averaged substantially better in the past. That was my thinking, but Stiffy would be the pick based on this year for sure.

SC money no object so I don't mind doing it now, but every point counts! My worry is that 100 points a game seems his peak, Gilbee is a much riskier prospect based on current form but has averaged substantially better in the past. That was my thinking, but Stiffy would be the pick based on this year for sure.

Gilbee is great value if he can get back to his best, but its a gamble. You might want to wait and see if he can back this round up.
Pratt seems the safest pick by the numbers atm, but I know very little about him.
Who are you looking at upgrading? If you can afford to I'd wait a few weeks it might be much easier to make a selection.

I'm tempted by Bradshaw this week, good average and in great form but his high variance is a concern.... I guess its part of the package, I'm only concerned with league now and consistency is important.

Who are you looking at upgrading? If you can afford to I'd wait a few weeks it might be much easier to make a selection.

Totally agree with that call normally, it's what I always tend to do. But I'm upgrading a rookie so every week I don't do it costs me 40 points, I couldn't care less about my league but am desperate for every possible point to challenge the overall (and every single point matters at the moment!). IAt a stretch I could wait out this week, cop the 40 points, and pick up one of Chapman/O'Keefe/B Johnson while watching how the defenders go.

PS. You all have sick minds. If I asked for any ruckman you'd clamour for big Cox, I ask for the best defender and you all want a Stiffy. If I asked for the best forward you'd all say you love Brown - you are a disgrace.

I'm in a dilemma. I can either offload Palmer next week for Boomer or I could trade him out now and get Goodes. My midfield at the moment lacks superstars which is why I'm leaning towards Adam, but Boomer will be at a bargain price.

Thoughts?

Gilbee is great value if he can get back to his best, but its a gamble. You might want to wait and see if he can back this round up.
Pratt seems the safest pick by the numbers atm, but I know very little about him.

I'm tempted by Bradshaw this week, good average and in great form but his high variance is a concern.... I guess its part of the package, I'm only concerned with league now and consistency is important.

Pratt has great footskills, Plays generally on the 3rd forward so does a lot of rebounding, can take a contested mark, and generally does the kick ins, sometimes plays in the middle and/or pushes up of the HBF.

well, i laughed:D

I did too. :thumbsdown: :eek:

Pratt has great footskills, Plays generally on the 3rd forward so does a lot of rebounding, can take a contested mark, and generally does the kick ins, sometimes plays in the middle and/or pushes up of the HBF.

I like the look of Pratt. Unfortunately my defence is set unless I make a sideways trade, with 7 left thats a no no. Then again I'd probably go Stiffy over Pratt.

Pratt is interesting.

Has his 147 boosted his avg higher than where it usually would be?

Or is it the beginning of some good scores?

Taylor would be the sacrificial lamb with Myers as emerg.

Valenti to still come for either Gamble/Hawkins to have that spare cash floating around.

Hmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Pratt

Hes pretty much doing Jesse Smith and/or Sinclairs role, but neither of them are playing and i dont know when either of them will be. In saying that he had some nice scores last season, so its no fluke. The good thing about him is he doesnt need alot of touches to get a decent score. And as you can see hes been very consistant this year. Pretty sure i read somewhere Laidley has wanted to let him run a bit freer (is that a word).
And yes now Burton is out Chappy must play!!!

Thoughts on a couple of cheap, underperforming guns that showed a bit on the weekend to give some hope they might finish the season well:

Kane Cornes

Steve Johnson

I'm down to 7 trades and now looking to make direct swaps for Stanton and Kosi and these two are very tempting because I think they both have more upside.

gunna downgrade pfieffer.

who is the best option and is most likely to play the remaining games for the season??

Im thinking Urquhart, Wilkes or maybe Houlihan?

Opinions other options?

Jonathan Griffin 0 points -> lost 30k cash :) Ha!

(Shutters) :(

Don't remind me. I'm just glad Griffen didn't cost me my match like he did the week before when I didn't have him on the ground and had Kruezer instead! LOL! :D

Who the hell do I start on the ground with Cox this week, Griffen or Kruezer? :rolleyes:

And gees I need Chapman back this week since I have lost the Birdman for 2 weeks. If Chapman doesn't come back I'll be playing with a bloody dounut! :mad::thumbsdown:

S.O.S Chappy! S.O.S! :p

7 trades left.

Burn two trades to bring in Sandilands for Simmonds?

In the same boat mate. Would love Sandilands, but I don't think he's worth two trades (I reserve the right to change my mind on that BTW).

I need to find one more gun up forward (both to cover Birdman for a couple of weeks and stop me having to use Tippett/Gamble/McKinley as rotating seventh forwards- none of them have been that flash recently.

Also need to do the same up back- Wona old son, it might be time to go. I've got him and Myers/Pfieffer/Proud looking after positions 6 & 7 in the back- ugh. I think you'd all agree that this position is the most in need (especially if Heater scores another 31...)

I've got a couple of easy rounds ahead of me in the league, so while I love being on top of the league ladder, I think I can afford to hold off doing anything too reckless, and take a loss or two- trades are worth more than a win at this stage.

That said, I'd hate to lose too much cash on my lovingly groomed little cows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back