J. Brown
S. Johnson
B. Burton
T. Hawkins
L. Jetta
H. Playfair

L. Henderson (EMG)
C. Rioli

Thoughts on that one? Ill probably end up changing it but want to see what people think.

OK MY NEW TEAM IS

BACKS

C. Cornes (VC)
A. McLeod
G. Birchall
A. Walker
M. Mattner
J. Roughead
B. Moran

D. Pfeiffer (EMG)
Harry Taylor

MIDS

G. Ablett
H. Scotland
S. Pendlebury
B. Prismall
M. Coughlan
T. Lockyer

R. Palmer (EMG)
C. Bird

RUCKS

D. Cox (capt)
M. Leuenberger

M. Gardiner
M. Bailey

FORWARDS

M. Pavlich
J. Brown
S. Johnson
B. Burton
T. Hawkins
L. Jetta
H. Playfair

L. Henderson (EMG)
C. Rioli

Thoughts on that one? Ill probably end up changing it but want to see what people think.

I'd say about 9 of your starting 22 won't score well consistently and there are a few that are a big gamble to even play more than 15 games. You want players with solid track records that have already broken into their team's starting 22 and that consistently over the course of a season are either proven to score 80+ or at least have the scope to make the jump to that level this season. Look for quality undervalued players. An example would be Nick Stevens.

Couple of questions guys...
What do you think about Ibbotson from Freo?
Is Bartel worth his extremely high price or is it better to get someone such as Kane Cornes instead and save yourself $75000?
Will Muston (Hawks) and Hansen (Nth Melbourne) play regularly?
Will Daniel Bradshaw be ready for rnd 1, and in previous years, has he scored well when fit?
Will Meesen likely be Melbourne's 2nd ruckman?

lol ive already made a few changes :D, hopefully i can keep this side at least till round 1

Backs:
1. L.Fisher (DEF)
2. P.Burgoyne (DEF)
3. Guerra (DEF)
4. Roughead (DEF)
5. Lonergan (DEF) (Emerg)
6. Bock (DEF)
7. J.Smith (DEF)
8. Gibson (DEF)
9. Thompson (DEF) (extra)

Midfielders:
10. Braun (MID)
11. Callan (MID) (Emerg)
12. S.Thompson (MID)
13. Johnstone (MID)
14. N.Stevens (MID)
15. C.Fletcher (MID)
16. Ling (MID)
17. Masten (MID) (extra)

Rucks:
18. Goldstein (RUC) (extra)
19. Cox (RUC) (VC)
20. Sandilands (RUC)
21. Bailey (RUC) (extra)

Forwards:
22. T.Cloke (FWD)
23. Mooney (FWD)
24. R.Tarrant (FWD) (Emerg)
25. Burton (FWD)
26. J.Brown (FWD) (C)
27. N.Thompson (FWD)
28. Le Cras (FWD)
29. Gamble (FWD) (extra)
30. Hansen (FWD)

will have tarrant or gamble emerg depending on whose in squad, thinking about trading sandilands for macintosh and roughead for s.gilbert. atm i have $100,300 left over, if i swap sandilands ill have 80-85 left over if i trade roughead ill have under 30 left over.

other then that i think its a fair side, thought n.stevens would be cheaper

from what ive heard hansen will play and bradshaw wont be right till round 3-4

Couple of questions guys...
What do you think about Ibbotson from Freo?
Is Bartel worth his extremely high price or is it better to get someone such as Kane Cornes instead and save yourself $75000?
Will Muston (Hawks) and Hansen (Nth Melbourne) play regularly?
Will Daniel Bradshaw be ready for rnd 1, and in previous years, has he scored well when fit?
Will Meesen likely be Melbourne's 2nd ruckman?

Bartel's too pricey for my liking.
Damien Hardwick seemed to suggest on SEN the other day the Muston would be in the mix this year.
Bradshaw has scored very well when fit, though that was playing full forward.
Meesen is training well and will most likely be Melbourne's 2nd ruckman ahead of Jamar.

The best new initiative is the three legues that you can enter...

It means you can be ion a competitive league (ie with people on here) as well as one with friends and family, who generally dont put as much effor into it.

lol ive already made a few changes :D, hopefully i can keep this side at least till round 1

Backs:
1. L.Fisher (DEF)
2. P.Burgoyne (DEF)
3. Guerra (DEF)
4. Roughead (DEF)
5. Lonergan (DEF) (Emerg)
6. Bock (DEF)
7. J.Smith (DEF)
8. Gibson (DEF)
9. Thompson (DEF) (extra)

Midfielders:
10. Braun (MID)
11. Callan (MID) (Emerg)
12. S.Thompson (MID)
13. Johnstone (MID)
14. N.Stevens (MID)
15. C.Fletcher (MID)
16. Ling (MID)
17. Masten (MID) (extra)

Rucks:
18. Goldstein (RUC) (extra)
19. Cox (RUC) (VC)
20. Sandilands (RUC)
21. Bailey (RUC) (extra)

Forwards:
22. T.Cloke (FWD)
23. Mooney (FWD)
24. R.Tarrant (FWD) (Emerg)
25. Burton (FWD)
26. J.Brown (FWD) (C)
27. N.Thompson (FWD)
28. Le Cras (FWD)
29. Gamble (FWD) (extra)
30. Hansen (FWD)

will have tarrant or gamble emerg depending on whose in squad, thinking about trading sandilands for macintosh and roughead for s.gilbert. atm i have $100,300 left over, if i swap sandilands ill have 80-85 left over if i trade roughead ill have under 30 left over.

other then that i think its a fair side, thought n.stevens would be cheaper

from what ive heard hansen will play and bradshaw wont be right till round 3-4
Any side that doesn't have one of the Cornes boys in will struggle.

Proven fact.

Think about this, you get 20 trades for the season. In a perfect world with no salary cap who would be the 30 players you would pick?

Write them down.

You can only play 22 of these each week, 2 of which are rucks. Ruckmen seldom play 22 games each season and are generally the lower scoring of the four areas.

Pick Simmonds.

In the backline get Milburn and Chad.

In the centres Dal Santo Kane Ablett Stevens

In the forwards Hall.

Those 9 players will avg 100 each week as a group gauranteed. GAURAN EFFIN TEED.

They are your keepers barring serious injury.

Then start looking for cheap unproven players like Houli, Thomas(PA), Hansen, Hampson, Sellar and Vince.

Or Reid, Pfeiffer,Buckley,Meesen,Muston and Douglas.

They will form the core of your bench but as opposed to a first year player have a body that should last out more of the season.

Then fill in the remaining starting spots with players that are capable of improving 10%+ in score, will have prominent roles in ther team and don't have

a) good week, bad week
b) high clanger rates

Use your trades after 5 weeks to get players from your initial list of 30.

Your aim is to get the best 22 players in the comp in your team, asap.

Any side that doesn't have one of the Cornes boys in will struggle.

Proven fact.

Think about this, you get 20 trades for the season. In a perfect world with no salary cap who would be the 30 players you would pick?

Write them down.

You can only play 22 of these each week, 2 of which are rucks. Ruckmen seldom play 22 games each season and are generally the lower scoring of the four areas.

Pick Simmonds.

In the backline get Milburn and Chad.

In the centres Dal Santo Kane Ablett Stevens

In the forwards Hall.

Those 9 players will avg 100 each week as a group gauranteed. GAURAN EFFIN TEED.

They are your keepers barring serious injury.

Then start looking for cheap unproven players like Houli, Thomas(PA), Hansen, Hampson, Sellar and Vince.

Or Reid, Pfeiffer,Buckley,Meesen,Muston and Douglas.

They will form the core of your bench but as opposed to a first year player have a body that should last out more of the season.

Then fill in the remaining starting spots with players that are capable of improving 10%+ in score, will have prominent roles in ther team and don't have

a) good week, bad week
b) high clanger rates

Use your trades after 5 weeks to get players from your initial list of 30.

Your aim is to get the best 22 players in the comp in your team, asap.
Not a bad little summary. You really think Hall will average 100 this year?

u had me untill you said milburn and hall would ave 100.

i would have thought cox, p.burgoyne, braun, fletcher, mooney, ling, brown (as captain) would be able to cover a cornes.

johnstone, cloke, burton, s.thompson all could very easily ave 90+.

bock hit some good dreamteam form late in the year and is good either end, thompson is cheap and could easily increase value quickly, n.stevens is cheapish and with judd murphy gibbs hadley scotland simpson they cant all be manned up.

j.smith i would have thought would take off this year like he did at the end of last year

le cras is hit and miss but has kicked bags of goals, sandilands is consistant but mid score consistant (hit outs help him)

Stevens and Hall might not avg 100, nor will Simmonds, but with the other 6 mentioned those 9 will get 900 for the first half of the season.

I think Hall will avg 100 though, Sydney had played a lot of football the two previous years, and the extra games in September could have meant that they had a light preseason and some players probably were underdone. Goodes and Hall's numbers were down as a result(factor in injury,fatigue, whatever).

Having not played too many finals last season I think those 2 players will be due for big seasons.

u had me untill you said milburn and hall would ave 100.

i would have thought cox, p.burgoyne, braun, fletcher, mooney, ling, brown (as captain) would be able to cover a cornes.

johnstone, cloke, burton, s.thompson all could very easily ave 90+.

bock hit some good dreamteam form late in the year and is good either end, thompson is cheap and could easily increase value quickly, n.stevens is cheapish and with judd murphy gibbs hadley scotland simpson they cant all be manned up.

j.smith i would have thought would take off this year like he did at the end of last year

le cras is hit and miss but has kicked bags of goals, sandilands is consistant but mid score consistant (hit outs help him)
Supercoach averages

Milburn 05 117.1 06 101.1 07 107.6

Hall 05 131.8 06 117.7 07 79.1

I will leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevens and Hall might not avg 100, nor will Simmonds, but with the other 6 mentioned those 9 will get 900 for the first half of the season.

I think Hall will avg 100 though, Sydney had played a lot of football the two previous years, and the extra games in September could have meant that they had a light preseason and some players probably were underdone. Goodes and Hall's numbers were down as a result(factor in injury,fatigue, whatever).

Having not played too many finals last season I think those 2 players will be due for big seasons.

Hall has had a ripper pre-season too, meant to fit as from all reports

Got a couple of niggling injuries fixed up

What are people's thoughts on the SC chances of Tom Hawkins this season? His start to last season had everyone singing his praises as one of the most promising key forward prospects of recent years and the exit of Nablett means CHF is vacant. His price is reasonable.

thoughts on luke ball, brock mclean and trav johnstone?? all are pretty cheap.

they are all risks but could all also average 100....

thoughts??

also alot of ppl have chad cornes as a lock in the backline.

u really reckon he is worth the 631 grand?? surely his price will go down.......

made some notes

Cheers aydo.

Mattner will probably replace LRT.

A Selwood is a key in WCs midfield this season with the noted absence of two guns. But could be moved.

I didnt realise JWS was injured, cheers.

Constructive critiscm, thankyou for taking the time :thumbsu:

BM

adam selwood is a great pick IMO.. Chad is worth every cent..

Mclean i dont trust his ability to break a tag
Ball i dont trust his body
Johnstone is a good pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back