Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
also alot of ppl have chad cornes as a lock in the backline.

u really reckon he is worth the 631 grand?? surely his price will go down.......

Yeah too many peeps have him.

And yes his price will drop.

i asked this before but i don't think i got an answer. is it going to be the same as last year in that the first 4 rounds won't count. i ask because i included some injured players such as cotchin, kerr, judd etc. who will probably be back by round 5.

also alot of ppl have chad cornes as a lock in the backline.

u really reckon he is worth the 631 grand?? surely his price will go down.......
I guess it's a question of how many points he will rack up for the season vs how many off games he might have.

He has the runs on the board for me but I can see the logic in waiting for his price to drop.

Heath Shaw I would say is more score variant than Chad, and will be the one I look to get a little cheaper.

i asked this before but i don't think i got an answer. is it going to be the same as last year in that the first 4 rounds won't count. i ask because i included some injured players such as cotchin, kerr, judd etc. who will probably be back by round 5.
first3 rounds dont count i think, not first 5

thoughts on luke ball, brock mclean and trav johnstone?? all are pretty cheap.

they are all risks but could all also average 100....

thoughts??

You never really know whats going to happen with Luke Ball - you're right he certainly can average 100 points, he seems to score well (in 05 he averaged just 22 disposals and yet also averaged 116 points) but he always seems to be carrying an injury.

Johnstone scores well because he always does something with the ball and with no tag at Brisbane he could definately average 100 points.

im picking my team slowly. so far i have picked:
backs-
mackie
s.thomspon (roos)
pfeifer

mids-
murphy
stevens
goodes
johnstone
palmer
callan

rucks-
cox
gardiner
kreuzer
tippett

forwards-
hall
vezspremi
rioli

thoughts on those players???

Preety sure they all count towards the overall prize but not your league score. :thumbsu:

Firstly, it's the first 3 rounds.
And Secondly they count to overall ranking, which is much more important then league status.

im picking my team slowly. so far i have picked:
backs-
mackie
s.thomspon (roos)
pfeifer

mids-
murphy
stevens
goodes
johnstone
palmer
callan

rucks-
cox
gardiner
kreuzer
tippett

forwards-
hall
vezspremi
rioli

thoughts on those players???

Yea your mids look a little hit and miss at first glance, Goodes, Johnstone and Murphy are all players who can produce matchwinning games but also are players who can go quiet. I'd suggest that you add some quality and consistent ball winners such as mitchell, cross, carrazzo, k cornes etc.
Other than that the team looks pretty good so far Bryceson. Not sure whether gardiner is gonna get many games.
Also, what are your thoughts on Tomahawk this year Bryceson? has he had a good pre season? Will he get the CHF spot?

Bryce Gibbs or Ryan Griffen??? Or is there a better, cheaper option keeping in mind that this player will be in my starting line up so i am hoping for 22 games to be played.
Cheers guys.

Bryce Gibbs or Ryan Griffen??? Or is there a better, cheaper option keeping in mind that this player will be in my starting line up so i am hoping for 22 games to be played.
Cheers guys.

I'd go with Griffen, he has been working hard over the preseason to get himself back to full fitness and his NAB cup game was quite impressive. Plus more experience. The other option around that price range is Travis Boak.

Steven Salopek? was awesome in that NAB cup match, will he be able to produce the same sort of numbers when the burgoynes and cornes are stealing some of the possies ? Like to hear everyone's thoughts on him for SC season.

hey guys i just wanted some thoughts on mark coughlan? if he was going to play round 1 and if he will be scoring as well as he was before he got injured. also some thoughts on Sam butler if he will play round 1 or not cause i think he will be a perfect replacement for judd and cousins.:)

Cheers guys:D

ok i NEED opinions on

Waters-
Waite-
Hawkins-

And Possible replacements such as
Ellis-
Nicoski-
Etc- :)

Judd-
Prismall-

With Judd being named captain does that mean he will be any good. I'm a carlton supporter without Judd or Murphy. how sad. had both lasst year too :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not doing SC this year but just wanted to know (in a hope it correlates with DT)
- Does SC actually give you the capability to have the one team in three different leagues?
- Were m0nty's predicted prices right?

ok i NEED opinions on

Waters-
Waite-
Hawkins-

And Possible replacements such as
Ellis-
Nicoski-
Etc- :)

Judd-
Prismall-

With Judd being named captain does that mean he will be any good. I'm a carlton supporter without Judd or Murphy. how sad. had both lasst year too :p

Waters- is a good player and will roughly score same or better than last year.
Waite-gun player who i think will imporve a bit this year but he wont be in my team:(
Hawkins-last year he had high expectations this year he will improve, but it will be out of him or lonergen who will repalce nathen ablett.
Ellis-is a good player and will earn u some cash but i think he is to expesive to be on bench.
Nicoski-is a good player at the right Value but make sure he is fit
Judd- if he is fit he will never be this cheap again the best footballer ever touched a football ground.
Prismall-Gellong have to many star midfielders and he will be hard to fit in there midfield but if he plays he will score well.:D

Not doing SC this year but just wanted to know (in a hope it correlates with DT)
- Does SC actually give you the capability to have the one team in three different leagues?
- Were m0nty's predicted prices right?
yes supercoach u can put 1 team in 3 leagues and no montys predictions were wrong:mad: stuffed my whole team

Waters- is a good player and will roughly score same or better than last year.
Waite-gun player who i think will imporve a bit this year but he wont be in my team:(
Hawkins-last year he had high expectations this year he will improve, but it will be out of him or lonergen who will repalce nathen ablett.
Ellis-is a good player and will earn u some cash but i think he is to expesive to be on bench.
Nicoski-is a good player at the right Value but make sure he is fit
Judd- if he is fit he will never be this cheap again the best footballer ever touched a football ground.
Prismall-Gellong have to many star midfielders and he will be hard to fit in there midfield but if he plays he will score well.:D

Thanks heaps. Agree with most of them, just hadn't heard much about Waters.

I don't want Ellis or Nicoski but it seems everyone is having them haha.
I have another (Unnamed player) within $2000 of Judd. Such a touch choice. Both play for Carlton too :)

So... I've worked out the basic structure of my team, now just going to see what the NAB cup throws up and also see what youngsters get named in Round 1.

Here's the thing though, my strategy is to choose mainly players whose records show that this year they may have a big upswing and also underpriced guns. It's a bit of a risky strategy but it means that I have about 257k in spare change.

Right now I have no players over 600k because I reckon they're too expensive but that I'll be able to upgrade throughout the season through trading.

A conservative estimate (all being well and based on past years) suggests that this team should average just under 2k per round for the first 3-6 rounds but this figure in theory will increase as the season progresses due to upgrading.

Is this a reasonable strategy?
How are other people approaching the game?
What is a good weekly score in the early rounds of the season?

Thanks heaps. Agree with most of them, just hadn't heard much about Waters.

I don't want Ellis or Nicoski but it seems everyone is having them haha.
I have another (Unnamed player) within $2000 of Judd. Such a touch choice. Both play for Carlton too :)

I had water last year and i was happy with him but this year there are more players around the same value. he is also really hard at the footy and will get u some free kicks i am gussing heath scotland and man that is a tough choise but u have to consider judd will be getting number one tag each week but if he is fit and NO injurys he will be the player u would have to chose but if u want a consistent player that will get u a good score week in week out heath scotland would be ur man last year he was most consistent player

Andrew Mackie?

People rate him at all?

Jake King?

One yr wonder or will he back up a Ok yr?

yeah mackie gun player looks like he will become another one of gellongs stars

and jake king is a good player but to expesive for what he will give u also u have to consider what happened to justin sherman one hit wonder but i think sherman will get back up this year :D:D

So... I've worked out the basic structure of my team, now just going to see what the NAB cup throws up and also see what youngsters get named in Round 1.

Here's the thing though, my strategy is to choose mainly players whose records show that this year they may have a big upswing and also underpriced guns. It's a bit of a risky strategy but it means that I have about 257k in spare change.

Right now I have no players over 600k because I reckon they're too expensive but that I'll be able to upgrade throughout the season through trading.

A conservative estimate (all being well and based on past years) suggests that this team should average just under 2k per round for the first 3-6 rounds but this figure in theory will increase as the season progresses due to upgrading.

Is this a reasonable strategy?
How are other people approaching the game?
What is a good weekly score in the early rounds of the season?
I went that strategy last year and it worked pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back