Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide on which two of Lucas/S.Johnson/Franklin/N.Brown to have. I have a feeling that Johnson won't have a year as good as 2007, and I can't trust the consistancy of Lucas and Franklin. Grrrrrrrrrrr I dunno what to do, thoughts?

Also, don't know whether to upgrade Gibbs to Mclean. Mclean is obviously going to get the number 1 tag, and Gibbs is meant to me a mid-range cash cow for me, who will score a solid average of 80 (I'm hoping) until I trade him out.

I can't decide on which two of Lucas/S.Johnson/Franklin/N.Brown to have. I have a feeling that Johnson won't have a year as good as 2007, and I can't trust the consistancy of Lucas and Franklin. Grrrrrrrrrrr I dunno what to do, thoughts?

Also, don't know whether to upgrade Gibbs to Mclean. Mclean is obviously going to get the number 1 tag, and Gibbs is meant to me a mid-range cash cow for me, who will score a solid average of 80 (I'm hoping) until I trade him out.

Your concerns on the forwards are valid, out of the 4 I probably have Franklin>Johnson>Lucas>Brown, but saying that the other option is to get either a Pav/Voldt/J Brown and get a mid price as well. Assuming you don't have all of them already.

On your second point, not a huge fan of mid-price cash cows unless I think they are ready to take the step up to a premium, but that's me.

Your concerns on the forwards are valid, out of the 4 I probably have Franklin>Johnson>Lucas>Brown, but saying that the other option is to get either a Pav/Voldt/J Brown and get a mid price as well. Assuming you don't have all of them already.

On your second point, not a huge fan of mid-price cash cows unless I think they are ready to take the step up to a premium, but that's me.

I already have J.Brown and Pavlich, so the two I choose will be my 3rd and 4th premiums. Yes I've considered your alternative, not sure what I want to do.

Yeah I've never done the mid-price cash cow thing either (I've only ever played DT though), but I'm actually paying mild attention to Monty's blog on team structure, because this is my first year in SC. He suggests the 2 premiums, 2 mid-priced, and 4 'rookies' for the midfield. I'm going to follow the template because I've never done it before. Considering SC scores well for more effective players, I think Gibbs will score well when given a midfield role. He has so much talent he shouldn't be wasted in the back half, hopefully Ratten recognises this. That's the gamble I'll be taking if I decide to keep him.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. :thumbsu:

1. Spangher (DEF) 0
2. Dawson (DEF) 0
3. O'hAilpin (DEF) 0
4. Gilbee (DEF) 0
5. Graham (DEF) 0
6. Cornes (DEF) 0
7. Egan (DEF) 0
8. Rivers (DEF) 0
9. Bradley (DEF) 0

10. Dal Santo (MID) 0
11. Ebert (MID) 0
12. Boak (MID) 0
13. Ablett (MID) 0
14. Palmer (MID) 0
15. Coughlan (MID) 0
16. Butler (MID) 0
17. Priddis (MID) 0

18. Cartledge (RUC) 0
19. Kreuzer (RUC) 0
20. Sandilands (RUC) 0
21. McIntosh (RUC) 0

22. Hentschel (FWD) 0
23. Maric (FWD) 0
24. Didak (FWD) 0
25. Chapman (FWD) 0
26. Johnson (FWD) 0
27. Pavlich (FWD) 0
28. Valenti (FWD) 0
29. Hawkins (FWD) 0
30. Thomas (FWD)

How does it look.

Need as much help to win a 10$ bet with a SC veteran. 2nd year for me

1. Spangher (DEF) 0
2. Dawson (DEF) 0
3. O'hAilpin (DEF) 0
4. Gilbee (DEF) 0
5. Graham (DEF) 0
6. Cornes (DEF) 0
7. Egan (DEF) 0
8. Rivers (DEF) 0
9. Bradley (DEF) 0
10. Dal Santo (MID) 0
11. Ebert (MID) 0
12. Boak (MID) 0
13. Ablett (MID) 0
14. Palmer (MID) 0
15. Coughlan (MID) 0
16. Butler (MID) 0
17. Priddis (MID) 0
18. Cartledge (RUC) 0
19. Kreuzer (RUC) 0
20. Sandilands (RUC) 0
21. McIntosh (RUC) 0
22. Hentschel (FWD) 0
23. Maric (FWD) 0
24. Didak (FWD) 0
25. Chapman (FWD) 0
26. Johnson (FWD) 0
27. Pavlich (FWD) 0
28. Valenti (FWD) 0
29. Hawkins (FWD) 0
30. Thomas (FWD)

How does it look.

Need as much help to win a 10$ bet with a SC veteran. 2nd year for me

Your backline is terrible mate. Totally restart it (except for Cornes and Gilbee). Remember Egan is injured.

The rest is okay, but work on the backline.

Hey does anyone know how Mitch Thorp is going? Also, Johnstone v Van Berlo v Murphy v Pearce v Reilly, leaning the way of Pearce.
Geez tough call...

From what I saw of Pearce today, he totally dominated. The kid is a gun, I say get on him. Johnstone is a good option too, won't get the tag at Brisbane, but could also get less time in the middle as a result of having Black, Power, Adcock and co. in there.

I wouldn't count on Thorp playing much at all, unless there are injuries.

:confused:Hmmmmm :confused:

my team is lookin very VERY different to most that are floating around....with only about 10 of my 30 players being quite generic!!

the rest rest are quite rarely picked and i dunno if thats a good thing for me or not.....i have been in the top few thousand for a few years and im thinkin i can give it a shake this year!!

but i dunno....i dont wanna post my team on here coz i dont want it to be copied....there are some players ive picked that people are totally oblivious to

hmmmmmm:(

I've had Max Bailey and John Meeson in and out. With Melbourne having White, P.Johnson and Jamar I feel Meeson's time will be limited at best if he plays at all. Max Bailey didn't play today and I can't see him getting a gig either?

Having said that with Ottens and Blake at the Cats I don't think West is going to be doing too much either.

Unless I lose Simmonds and get maybe Gardiner and Kreuzner.

Gah.

Plus both Hall and Porpliza playing well this weekend hasn't helped me either.

Neither has McLeod having a reasonably crap game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced with Meesen, will he get a game ahead of Johnson and Jamar, to backup White?

I could be wrong, but in the first NABber wasn't Meesen played predominantly forward? I'm pretty sure he got something like 15 touches, and just a couple of hitouts, possibly a goal? Anyway, his stats led me to think that he might've been playing as a forward in that game. If this is so and Melbourne are thinking of Meesen as much a forward as a ruck then that would mean more game time.

I've got Cox and Simmonds backed up by Gardiner and Kreuzer bit of cash but well worth it what do you think?

It's a tricky one the bench rucks, I have hampson and meeson for the moment but could easily be swayed prior to round 1. I think Gardiner and Kreuzer together is a bit too much cash to be sitting on the bench.

Patty Ryder or Daniel Bell ?????????????????????????????????

Ideally neither. I started with D. Bell last year - was mediocre (and I'm a Demons supporter). Ryder's a good player but he'll too often be playing as a key defender, too accountable and more spoils than stats.

my team is lookin very VERY different to most that are floating around....with only about 10 of my 30 players being quite generic!!
I've got a similar issue - team looks a bit different to most posted here & has 6 Crows players!
Also holding a reasonable cash surplus

i need ppls opinions on::

leigh harding kan
s thompson kan
ibbotson kan
c bartram melb
connors rich
n thompson kan

on weather they will actually play and make money

Just wondering what people think of these players???
Backs:
D myers Ess
X Ellis Haw
C johns Ess
M Maguie Stk

Midfield:
R Dyson Ess
T Cotchin Rich
R Shirly Adel

Forwards:
S Dew Haw
T Hawkins Geel