Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. practically the same price.

Kane Cornes has been impressive, Dal Santo has not. And Saints verse Sydney Round 1.

Kane's also more consistent but from memory he started slow last year.

Damn it someone anyone give me an opinion ok Aker/Porpliza vs Hall/A.Edwards!

Aker has been in great pre-season form. However the old bastard burnt me last year when I picked him up coming back from injury.

Propliza started with a bang the first two games of the pre-season but has scored from memory 60 odd and 40 odd in his last two games.

Hall has been a monster in limited time on ground, however he has a back complaint now and he did play on a rookie when he scored big last week.

A.Edwards started slow but has had 2 really good games in a row and is attractive at the price. Contested marks earn you some nice points in SC.

Argh.

Kane's also more consistent but from memory he started slow last year.

Damn it someone anyone give me an opinion ok Aker/Porpliza vs Hall/A.Edwards!

Aker has been in great pre-season form. However the old bastard burnt me last year when I picked him up coming back from injury.

Propliza started with a bang the first two games of the pre-season but has scored from memory 60 odd and 40 odd in his last two games.

Hall has been a monster in limited time on ground, however he has a back complaint now and he did play on a rookie when he scored big last week.

A.Edwards started slow but has had 2 really good games in a row and is attractive at the price. Contested marks earn you some nice points in SC.

Argh.

Hall/Porplyzia.

:thumbsu::):p

just wonderin what u think of my team at the moment:

Backs:Cornes,johncock,gram, Kennelly Lovett-Murray Ellis Nicoski Hansen
Selwood

Midfield: Dal Santo Carrazzo Goodwin Stanton Higgins Stevens Houli Bird

Ruck:Lade Simmonds Kreuzer Meesen

Forward:Riewoldt Brown Rusling Porplyzia Le Cras Boyle Jetta Rioli . Tippett

On what basis do you think that?

My understanding is that he has a calf complaint. I'm assuming he played this weekend however from the reports I've read there is no mention of him so I'll assume he had an average game at best. This follows a pretty average performance first up in round 1 and then he missed rounds 2 and 3. 579k for a player under an injury cloud and on this kind of form is risky at best.

In his favour over the last two years he has been very consistent and the only time he drops is when he gets injured.

So by downgrading him to Stiffy, who has had a couple of decent games, I can spend up getting Hall and Porpz as my 6th and 7th forwards.

Problem is Stiffy will not hit the big numbers, but a fit Gilbee will.

Decisions, Decisions.

My understanding is that he has a calf complaint. I'm assuming he played this weekend however from the reports I've read there is no mention of him so I'll assume he had an average game at best. This follows a pretty average performance first up in round 1 and then he missed rounds 2 and 3. 579k for a player under an injury cloud and on this kind of form is risky at best.

In his favour over the last two years he has been very consistent and the only time he drops is when he gets injured.

So by downgrading him to Stiffy, who has had a couple of decent games, I can spend up getting Hall and Porpz as my 6th and 7th forwards.

Problem is Stiffy will not hit the big numbers, but a fit Gilbee will.

Decisions, Decisions.
He scored 99.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is having 4 starting rookies too risky?

Depends on your strat. Also depends on the rookies. Starting rookies need to be pretty much guareenteed a spot in the team's 22 if they perform ok. For example Myers from Essendon was a lock early on as a starting rookie but most people have jumped off the bandwagon because he's not a definate round 1 start or a definate in the bombers best 22.

Ah good stuff. I just assumed he did crap based on the 48 DT score he got, should have checked his SC score.

Hrmz. Thats quite a pickle then. :confused:
That's the thing, he doesn't need huge disposal numbers to pick up huge scores in SuperCoach.

Who to pick?

Bryce gibbs or justing sherman or ryan griffen or travis boak

then

Marc murphy or andrew embly or danyle pearce or nathen van berlo or nathen jones

then

tadhg kennelly or jason gram or david mundy or michael johnson or grahem johncock or grant birchall or jesse w smith or brendon goddard or Beau waters

out of all groups witch 2 would u pick

thanks

Who to pick?

Bryce gibbs or justing sherman or ryan griffen or travis boak

then

Marc murphy or andrew embly or danyle pearce or nathen van berlo or nathen jones

then

tadhg kennelly or jason gram or david mundy or michael johnson or grahem johncock or grant birchall or jesse w smith or brendon goddard or Beau waters

out of all groups witch 2 would u pick

thanks

Only thing with Embley is if your prepared to take the risk. He can get some huge scores but he runs the risk of getting injured.

Also, in your defence, i'd look at Dean Solomon. Good utility, hard at it, and his style suits Supercoach.

Only thing with Embley is if your prepared to take the risk. He can get some huge scores but he runs the risk of getting injured.

Also, in your defence, i'd look at Dean Solomon. Good utility, hard at it, and his style suits Supercoach.
thankyou :)

i dont really like dean solomen and i rekon waters is harder at it he has had a good pre season

Just that he has a calf complaint and is out of form and is a bit of a risky buy, does anyone have any thoughts on my dilemma?

Gilbee's my boy, i have him every year, without fail, ever since the start of the competition.

Im absolutley devastated, should i scrap Gilbee?

Just that he has a calf complaint and is out of form and is a bit of a risky buy, does anyone have any thoughts on my dilemma?

Read above. This is exactly my dilema too. Did he go ok on the weekend?

At 579k he's expensive.

Sigh.

Alot of guns are kinda out of form and/or coming back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back