Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut instinct says no. But that is an irrational feeling.
I only have access to DT stats, which show this trend:
2003 av: 63
2004: 67
2005: 82
2006: 91
2007: 77

Make of it what you will. He could either improve due to less attention, or suffer due to the lack of ball-winning opportunity. Or maybe he will just continue as though he was at Brisbane.
I have no idea.

SC from only 05-07
05: 103.3
06: 96.8
07: 80.8

Good take, cheers.

Thanks for the other opinions too. Still hard to know.

Thing is, if he improves 10% or so, he's a keeper. If he doesn't, he'll need to be upgraded.

Would anyone pick him over Gibbs plus cash?

OK, Just thought I'd ask because if he was a keeper in your mind. Then I would probably look elsewhere.

Johnstone will score better then Gibbs, I guess it comes down to will that extra 100k make a significant upgrade to one of your players?

OK, Just thought I'd ask because if he was a keeper in your mind. Then I would probably look elsewhere.

Johnstone will score better then Gibbs, I guess it comes down to will that extra 100k make a significant upgrade to one of your players?
Might come down to a Symes and Johnstone versus a Johncock and Gibbs. Leaves my midfield weak though.

Just after some thoughts on a few different options to finalise my team.
I need help to decide.

Trade C. Jones for N. Thompson so I can upgrade Dyson to Priddis
or
Leave it as C. Jones and Dyson?

Barlow or Dyson?

Thanks

He I am new at this and want some thoughts, have been reading and studying an wantr to know which cashcows to drop and upgrade to good/elite players as i have some cash left over. Cheers in advance guys!

Backs- L- Murry, pettard, duffield, nicoski or edwards (carl)

Mids- Coughlan, Houli, Masten, Palmer Bird

Fwds- Thompson, henderson, tippet (adl)

Or is it better keeping these players and trading mid range players up such as-

Backs- Staker, King

Mids- Priddis

Fwds- Deledio, Didak, Porplyzia

Cheers Again!!!!

My thoughts on Travis Johnstone are that he will be the 4th midfielder he will get enuf TOG and his disposal wont be under the pressure as much as it was at the dees. I remember Hedland thrived on this at the Lions why cant TJ??? i reckon worth the risk compared to others at his price but thats jus my take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys think its worth downgrading Newman to Waters allowing me to get Kruzer instead of hampson for my ruck bench?

Im thinking i'll be able to cash in Kruzer for Hampson when he returns and up grade waters back to newman if i want.

The posts iv read on here are really selling me Waters.
That would also mean i now have 4 coasters in Waters Nico Priddis and Cox.

let me know what you think of the option above and waters expected out put.

cheers

Is this midfield too weak?

Dal Santo, Gablett, Griffen, N Stevens, Coughlan, Houli (Palmer,Bird)

The rest of my team is pretty good, I just need advice with my midfield.

Your two guns are obviously great, the three young boys look like they will get a run, but having Stevens and Coughlin could be the risk. A lot of people i would imagine will have one or the other, but both may be a bit risky...but then they both might get back to their former glory and you'll be laughing...risky though.

My thoughts on Travis Johnstone are that he will be the 4th midfielder he will get enuf TOG and his disposal wont be under the pressure as much as it was at the dees. I remember Hedland thrived on this at the Lions why cant TJ??? i reckon worth the risk compared to others at his price but thats jus my take

Good point!!

On the theory that Johnstone won't be heavilly tagged and Priddis will be more heavily tagged than last year, would Johnstone be a better buy than Priddis?

It would give me the opportunity to upgrade somewhere else with the extra $50,000

Good point!!

On the theory that Johnstone won't be heavilly tagged and Priddis will be more heavily tagged than last year, would Johnstone be a better buy than Priddis?

It would give me the opportunity to upgrade somewhere else with the extra $50,000

yeah opinions on Priddis or Johnstone would be great im having a similar problem. I have Priddis atm thinking he will pick up the slack and begin to become a star.

Still umming and ahhing over Johnstone. Someone talk me into or out of him as a second mid-priced midfielder.

Even though he's a better DTer than SCer, I'd rather take Nathan Jones at that price range and use the small saving elsewhere.

Next in line would be Pearce as I think he's got massive upside (Burgoyne-like numbers?), but naturally carries a bit more risk.

For Johnstone:
- ball use = perfect SCer
- new team, new coach, new role etc...
- can see him getting a lot of touches on a wing at the Gabba

Against Johnstone:
- can do better for the price?
- competition for outside midfield roles?
- he's Travis Johnstone...

Midfield is one of those areas where I'd like to be 100% convinced about a $400k+ selection.

Well he's fit. Up to you whether you want him in your team or not.

As somebody who should know better than most (;)), how do you rate him as a SC pick this year?

If you include his finals games, last year's average jumps to well over 100. Plus he's had his first genuine full pre-season.

But I'm worried about his consistency and think it might be a safer bet to spend an extra $30k and get Brad Johnson who you know is going to deliver week in, week out (despite the increasing injury risk and downturn due to age). Also, I think his ceiling isn't much higher than his current price and am not sure if you're getting a "sure thing" like you need to be for that kind of cash.

The worrying thing is I just can't find any room for a Geelong player at the moment and want one or two in there because they will have some massive wins and surely finish top 4 at worst. Milburn is 3rd in line behind another couple of elite backs, ditto Johnson as a forward...

After more than a week of having the team locked some tweaking might be needed.

I was DalSanto on the team. Problem is strapped for cash.

I'm toying with the idea of downgrading Chapman (I know :eek:) to a forward rookie who will become my 7th forward and then upgrading one of my midfield rookies to DalSanto.

It seems like a no brainer, however it goes against my strategy and gut feeling.

*sigh*

what to do, what to do.

I'm toying with the idea of downgrading Chapman (I know :eek:) to a forward rookie who will become my 7th forward and then upgrading one of my midfield rookies to DalSanto.

It seems like a no brainer, however it goes against my strategy and gut feeling.

*sigh*

what to do, what to do.

You?? Downgrading Chappy?

But what about the grand plan???

duuuuuude!! ;)

(pssst - my feelings on Chappie *still* stand. ;) )

Embley has had a rocket put up his arse over the preseason and is a must have

will get a massive amount of the ball from half back and the wing + pushing forward for a goal per game

last year was by far his worst in a long time, no chance to get a bit of form before getting injured again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back