Braun
Butler
Fletcher
Hunter
Sampi
Waters
Wirrpunda
Gardiner

Don't get too discouraged our forward line was crapola last season and we lost the GF by 4 points.

With a just as crapola foward line we aren't going to do anything this year.

You guys must admit we had a LOT of luck with our draw last year.

94_Eagles said:

Is your draw this year much worse? (I have only seen our draw)

Well what I mean is last year when we played teams like Melbourne and Richmond away they had their big guns out and we just scraped across the line in those games. Final game away too which could hurt.

"It's a "Jump to Conclusions mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO. "

94_Eagles said:

Didn't you once say you'd rather we didn't make the Grand Final than make it and lose?

mikben said:
Banfield
Braun
Butler
Fletcher
Hunter
Sampi
Waters
Wirrpunda
Gardiner

Don't get too discouraged our forward line was crapola last season and we lost the GF by 4 points.

I'd drop the last guy off the list but the rest are impressive.

The even better news is that it's five weeks to season start and Woosha is not looking for anyone to be near 100% now just to see us choke at season end..............and looking at Freo they are very fit, much too early. Watch out for a classic good first half of the season from Freo followed by a CHOKE.

94_Eagles said:
Well what I mean is last year when we played teams like Melbourne and Richmond away they had their big guns out and we just scraped across the line in those games. Final game away too which could hurt.
Better not be.....:eek:

I'm going to the G to see that game on 2nd Sep WCE v Richomond.... 1st time to Melb in 15 years.

Frodo said:
looking at Freo they are very fit, much too early. Watch out for a classic good first half of the season from Freo followed by a CHOKE.

I guess you have to be given some credit for at least trying to see some vague semblance of a positive out of being completley outclassed.

TheReason said:
Better not be.....:eek:

I'm going to the G to see that game on 2nd Sep WCE v Richomond.... 1st time to Melb in 15 years.

I don't understand your post. You seem like you don't want our last game to be away yet you are excited about seeing WCE play in Melb in our last game.

WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

94_Eagles said:
I don't understand your post. You seem like you don't want our last game to be away yet you are excited about seeing WCE play in Melb in our last game.

WTF?
You said the final game away (v Richomond at MCG on 2 Sep) could hurt - I presume you mean that we may get flogged.

What I meant to say was that I am really looking forward to seeing that game, as its the 1st time in 15 years I'm going to Melb.... but I hope you're wrong and we don't get flogged.

I'm hoping the boys can pull a win out of the bag for me.:D

TheReason said:
You said the final game away (v Richomond at MCG on 2 Sep) could hurt - I presume you mean that we may get flogged.

What I meant to say was that I am really looking forward to seeing that game, as its the 1st time in 15 years I'm going to Melb.... but I hope you're wrong and we don't get flogged.

I'm hoping the boys can pull a win out of the bag for me.:D

What I mean is we won't have the home crowd for our final game of the season.

Well, didn't help us last season either, I guess.

funkyfreo said:
I guess you have to be given some credit for at least trying to see some vague semblance of a positive out of being completley outclassed.

with five weeks to go before season starts and WCE fading last year at season end I think it would be complete stupidity for Woosha to have had his team anywhere near fit. It was clearly a training run, no more.

On the other hand after the shame of a season freo had they are desperate for a good start to regain credibility. The fact that they had an extra months break also allows them to ahead in the fitness stakes.

Completely outclassed :rolleyes:

Freo couldn't completely outclass a blindschool team.......their culture precludes it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the good news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back