HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Koroit should win - they have easily been the best side all year. On the other matter I agree to disagree - I still believe it was an unecessary comment on your behalf. As I stated I could easily make numerous statements that would reflect badly on Hampden League clubs and players but choose not to - I suppose I could reconsider, it would certainly create some angst. I would have to rack my brain to go back 3 years though, unless I roped in some of my contacts over that way for some help.

Fair enough then.

Yeah I have a feeling you maybe right about Koroit, although I do expect it to be very close.

No changes to both sides for the Hampden Grand Final at the Reid oval 2.10pm Saturday!! Koroit the Minor Premiers vs Warrnambool the reigning Premiers! 6 GF appearances in a row for the mighty Blues is an absolutely huge achievement in modern day footy, or any footy for that matter. So far though only the 2 flags, can they make it 3?? Can Koroit come from 5th last season to a flag this season?

It's going to be a belter of a game, some of the most highly regarded players in the competition! Maskell Medallists - Ben Goodall (Kor), Tim Hunt (W), Josh Walters (W) and Joe McLaren (Kor) make for an all star leading cast! Add to that Jason Rowan, Travis Graham, Tim O'Keefe, Sam Cowling (Wbool) and Issac Templeton, Chris McLaren, Sam and Ben Dobson (Koroit) and it's sure to be a high class, high pressure affair.

It can be won and lost anywhere with these two sides, strong all over the ground and tactically strong also. Adam Dowie and Scott Carter the coaches have worked together before and will have an idea on the approaches of eachother for this game, but it's another thing to execute the attack.

Key matchups must be right from the first bounce. Opportunities must be taken in front of goal and big names must stand up! Can't wait to see the outcome and one of the great Grand Final matchups in recent history.

My tip - Warrnambool by 1 goal. A big day for Jason Rowan.

Good luck all codes and grades!!

An interesting side note is Portland v Terang/Mortlake in the U/18.5's, both sides are aiming for Back 2 Back Premierships....Portland obviously won in Western Border last season and have moved to Hampden this season, and the Bloods won the HFNL flag last season. And odd fact that I would assume would be a very rare event!

Cobden looking for a new coach ?

Yes it was quoted by Wayne Robertson that he was ok with the club expressing interest on having a look to see what was available, have they found one!?

Any news on Terang/Mortlakes or Hamiltons coach hunting?

Warrnambool, will they keep Scott Carter at the helm for 2014 a flag win would surely lock it in.

On another note South Warrnambool Roosters were set to sign Matthew Monk as Coach but have been held up due to added interest from other candidates. Simon OKeefe has been linked as has Brett Evans. Set to announce their direction soon.

Portland are yet to sign Jarrod Holt as Coach for next season. Have found out tonight from a source in Portland that they have signed former NT Thunder and Palmerston player Jake Dignan, a very slick midfielder, it's a great recruit by the Tigers and they are very excited to have him on board for 2014 and beyond.

Any news on North Warrnambool? Haynes yet to re-sign?

Any news on new players heading this way next season?
Maskell Medalist Rhys Raymond to return is again the latest whisper.

Love this time of year, speculation is rife and facts are sparse.

Robertson has already resigned, pity as he did a pretty good job with them. The word is that the Dogs are already having a real crack and throwing $$$ about - must be sick of being runners up the last 2 years. South were initially supposed to be chasing a high profile playing coach but apparently the "bikkies" aren't there so they have had to drop their sights.
Any report on the weather and ground ?

Warrnambool Blues have won the HFNL Premiership 13.11 89 to Koroit 6.16 52. Back to Back Premierships and their 3rd in 6 attempts.

North Warrnambool Eagles had a major upset win in A Grade Netball defeating the unbeaten Koroit 35 to 30! The Eagles first senior premiership in 17 years!!

David Haynes has today announced his retirement from playing and coaching at the North Warrnambool Eagles! He has served the side well over his 3 year stint taking them to their first finals campaign ever losing an Elimination Final and also to 2 losing Prelim Finals. It was explained he has stepped back to let someone else try to get the extra needed out of the group and that he was exhausted in body and mind and needed a rest. Today there was whispers of unrest behind the decision but ultimately the Eagles are entering a new era. The next coach has an exciting list with room to build further and a lot of ability to fine tune.

Can someone explain why the 2 medals - seems strange ?

The Ron Hoy Medal is the player judged best on ground by the umpires. The original best on medal.

The VCFL medal is judged by the VCFL representative/s that attend the GF in an official capacity. Introduced by the VCFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour mill is in full swing this week: These are exactly as I said "rumours" feel free to debunk or add to the list.

Joe Dare likely candidate to Coach Cobden Bombers.
Stephen Hammond has also expressed interest.

HFNL Rookie of the Year Brody Mahoney has walked out of the Bombers after only 1 season.

Jake Myles of NWEagles has expressed great interest in the Portland Tigers job with a decision to be made in coming days.

Nigel Kol has expressed strong interest to return to the helm at South Warrnambool after returning from holidays in China.

Simon OKeefe could be returning to his old club Koroit Saints, sources say he is also very tempted to stay at Panmure to chase a 3peat.

Just some of the rumors doing the rounds early this week. Any truths? All false?? Time will tell.

South Warrnambool set to announce their 2014 Coach tomorrow night.

Daryl Beechey has departed from Cobden to take up a coaching gig at Old Collegians Football Club in the Warrnambool District League.

Monkey to Coach South
Pud to coach Terang with Chris Bant moving from Panmure

Yes good calls, Pud and Bant would be a good start for the Bloods, nothing like home grown talent to draw a club back together. Pud has the respect as a coach. I'm a little surprised Chris Bant would make a decision before Simon O'Keefe has....

Aiden Cole...Your spot on! Signed and sealed! Apparently his gf Maddison Smedts may be finding her way back to the North Warrnambool Eagles A Grade Netball.

Matty Monk has also signed which is not surprising as South continue to look to develop their strong junior list.

Portland Tigers have signed North Warrnambool Eagles mid Jake Myles as their Senior Coach for 2014!! According to Eagles twitter he announced it at tonight's Presentation Night. Eagles say they are rapt to have had him and wish him all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fairly sure Holt told tonight portland has signed Myles as coach and will bring 3 others with him plus Dignan already signed. Tigers active early.

Good early call on Myles. Not sure where he would be dragging the 3 others from, after speaking with an old North stalwart this morning at the local milk bar they are confident it wouldn't be from there. Apparently not the most popular of players at the club. They also said Myles had been speaking of taking the Portland job for weeks. He wanted the Eagles job but couldn't be promised it would be his. Dignan is a great signing. On the way up the Tigers.

Well done to Jackson Bell on winning his first Senior Best and Fairest last night! Great night and a very very deserving winner. By far the biggest improver of the year for the mighty Blues. Darcy Graham runner up. The young brigade is strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

HFNL 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back