Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
Yes, those rebounding half back flankers. It's a position that absolutely fascinates me, as it has become so important in recent times. Hibberd had several 30 possession games all from half back. Who is the best of them is a question I've pondered many times, but I usually end up with Hibberd (bias might be involved!) ;)

Yes, those rebounding half back flankers. It's a position that absolutely fascinates me, as it has become so important in recent times. Hibberd had several 30 possession games all from half back. Who is the best of them is a question I've pondered many times, but I usually end up with Hibberd (bias might be involved!) ;)

The rest are all better than Hibberd IMO.

1. Hibberd
  2. Hanley
  3. Birchall
  4. Malceski
  5. Walker
Is that order.
Same, although I'd consider swapping Birchall to 2 and Hanley to 3.
Birchall a clear #1 imo. and I don't think that's bias

The rest are all pretty even but I'd take Hibbard on potential as the others are a bit older from memory
Yes, Birchall is a very classy player. I really like him, He'd go close to being my favourite player outside of Essendon, Monfries and Gumbleton.

Probably out of Gunston, Birchall and Tippett.

Birchall is the best when left alone, but the others can all deal with a tag far better. I'd probably go:

1. Hibberd
2. Birchall
3. Malceski
4. Hanley
5. Walker

Birchall and Hanley are the best attacking players, but can be shut down reasonably easily. Walker is the worst of the 5 as a defender, but is a very good forward. Tough, but I'll go Birchall over Hibberd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree... Most people just consider him a backman as he was listed as such in Dreamteam/SC!!!

I tried pointing that out to people all last year in discussions about AA. Didn't stop them. People just have him pigeon holed on the HBF seemingly without ever watching him play

Birchall would be first chosen by a lot of clubs. He'd be my number one also. I'd probably pick Hanley next. Malceski would follow and that leaves Hibberd and Walker. I'd have Walker ahead.

1. Birchall
2. Hanley (too hard to split)
2. Malceski (too hard to split)
4. Hibberd
5. Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Hibberd v Hanley v Birchall v Walker v Malceski

Back