Hidden 60’s and 70’s Gems

Remove this Banner Ad

Although all of the material on this "Lost Album" is available on other Dion compilations, Norton Records reissued this collection of Dion recordings as an LP that should have been in 1965, but for Dion's health issues. Apart from his heroin addiction, the former teen idol was also losing his hair and rumour has it that he took to wearing a toupee.

There are bluesy rockers, Dylan songs and heart-wrenching mid tempo ballads. I particularly like his cover of Tom Paxton's "I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound" but it may be too melancholic for most and I suppose that's because some sentiments and ways of expressing them, for better and worse are specific to a bygone world. Popular, now unpopular 60's music but it's really good stuff, no bum notes vocally or instrumentally.

Last edited:
Sacrilege probably, but I sometimes prefer what these guys did at the turn of the 60's/70's with the country/blues/rock mix more than Creedence and the Stones.

Last edited:

Very enjoyable summery samba soul from 1977. Only one ballad which is hardly a bummer track, the rest is all light and bouncy brazillian grooves.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hidden 60’s and 70’s Gems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back