Hird A Tiger Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

The White Tiger

Senior List
Jun 12, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
If Sheedy keeps coaching forever and in 2 years time Wallet hasn't delivered would you consider Hird as a Tiger coach? The Sheedy boat has sailed but it would be great if Hird could do for us what the great Tiger did for them, return us to glory.

Harvey Leadpipe said:
While we're coming from left field, I reckon we should get Nikki Visser to be our president. Could only attract members one may suggest.
Rather see her as a CHB-hey new thread- chicks with big jugs in football, that woud really get the MEMBERS UP (excuse the pun). Luv your posting Harvey, 1 out of 2 relating to pussy, keep up the good work. P.S The salad roll combo was great!

There's a school of thought that champion players don't make good coaches (with notable exceptions). Although it would amuse me to see the reaction of starry-eyed bombres supporters, i'd want him to serve an apprenticeship first.

I'm not sure that a guy like Hird would go down the coaching route anyway. I'd see him as more of a Nick Farr-Jones / Kieren Perkins type who would go do speaking engagements and become a 'pillar of industry'.

But I might be wrong.

tigerdan said:
There's a school of thought that champion players don't make good coaches (with notable exceptions). Although it would amuse me to see the reaction of starry-eyed bombres supporters, i'd want him to serve an apprenticeship first.

I'm not sure that a guy like Hird would go down the coaching route anyway. I'd see him as more of a Nick Farr-Jones / Kieren Perkins type who would go do speaking engagements and become a 'pillar of industry'.

But I might be wrong.
Yeah i thought the same but he's come out recently and said he will coach.

The White Tiger said:
Yeah i thought the same but he's come out recently and said he will coach.

really, wasn't aware of that, i was of the same opinion as tigerdan

i never took him for one to be totally consumed by football like the coaches have to be these days

would be great to have him at tigerland in a coaching capacity

The White Tiger said:
If Sheedy keeps coaching forever and in 2 years time Wallet hasn't delivered would you consider Hird as a Tiger coach? The Sheedy boat has sailed but it would be great if Hird could do for us what the great Tiger did for them, return us to glory.

WT, were would we be without you fella, apart from being a great player theres nothing to suggest that he would be just as great a coach. Success starved club like the tiges is rarely in a position to take such risks and should stick with coaches that have demonstrated that they have some ability in the job.

Having said that TW is at a fork in the road right now and depending which way he goes we could step up or down on last years results...Time will tell:)

Bojangles17 said:
WT, were would we be without you fella, apart from being a great player theres nothing to suggest that he would be just as great a coach. Success starved club like the tiges is rarely in a position to take such risks and should stick with coaches that have demonstrated that they have some ability in the job.

Having said that TW is at a fork in the road right now and depending which way he goes we could step up or down on last years results...Time will tell:)
Actually there is alot to suggest just that. Sheedy, Matthews,Malthouse, Craig, Blight, great players,great coaches, the list goes on and on. When you've been around a bit longer than 18 years maybe then i'll take your posts more seriously, maybe bounce your posts off your "missus" first. The last 25 years have produced no success, so given that Hird has played under Sheedy and he having played under the Master Hafey, i think he'd be worth the risk.

The White Tiger said:
Actually there is alot to suggest just that. Sheedy, Matthews,Malthouse, Craig, Blight, great players,great coaches, the list goes on and on. When you've been around a bit longer than 18 years maybe then i'll take your posts more seriously, maybe bounce your posts off your "missus" first.

where'd you get 18 years from WT, I'm 38 fella, been a member for 24....The 17 on my moniker is the No made famous by Captn Blood......"Oh sh%$# yeah" I hear WT say....Mesage to all and sundry lets keep thinks pretty simple for our friend here , Nothing to abstract for his small mind to tackle:rolleyes:

Bojangles17 said:
where'd you get 18 years from WT, I'm 38 fella, been a member for 24....The 17 on my moniker is the No made famous by Captn Blood......"Oh sh%$# yeah" I hear WT say....Mesage to all and sundry lets keep thinks pretty simple for our friend here , Nothing to abstract for his small mind to tackle:rolleyes:
Abstract hey, like stealing Sam Newman jokes re: your wooden swallow thread. Real original! 17 is your I.Q., get off the pi ss!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roostertalk said:
you havnt nearly earnt your stripes yet white tiger, bojangles is far superior to you on this board....every poster would agree so stop embarrasing yourself.
Lick arse if you want "fella", im not that shallow that my self worth is measured by yours or anyones approval in a chat room.

The White Tiger said:
Lick arse if you want "fella", im not that shallow that my self worth is measured by yours or anyones approval in a chat room.

If your blokemanship in person at all resembles your posting, the forum is your best bet at gaining any self worth. But that aint going to happen either as you say some very silly things on this froum. Cheers "fella".....unsure what thats all about.

If the Great One does coach anyone in the future it will be Essendon.
In his book he wrote a couple of years ago u get the impression he will coach and does think about it.All those games out injured watching games from the stand and in the coaches box.But who knows what he is thinking now.Wallace will coach the tigers for years to come and he will get some success........next year.....or maybe the year after that......soon...

roostertalk said:
If your blokemanship in person at all resembles your posting, the forum is your best bet at gaining any self worth. But that aint going to happen either as you say some very silly things on this froum. Cheers "fella".....unsure what thats all about.
Come down to Werribee plaza tavern and ask for Bill, im there every Friday night and you'll see in person my "blokemanship"- but your another child who thinks he knows everything about the game and no spine to back it up. As for silly things, your pathetic thread you just posted about Raines proves you're better at lickin arse than football analysis. Stick to what you're good at sheep. Baa Baa.

Nobby8 said:
If the Great One does coach anyone in the future it will be Essendon.
In his book he wrote a couple of years ago u get the impression he will coach and does think about it.All those games out injured watching games from the stand and in the coaches box.But who knows what he is thinking now.Wallace will coach the tigers for years to come and he will get some success........next year.....or maybe the year after that......soon...
I'm sure Jim would love to stay at home but Sheedy has to step down, or get pushed first and if he has success next year he could be there for along time to come. As for Wallet i hope he has success soon, if not im sure Jim has alot to offer any club first as an assistant then, who knows.

The White Tiger said:
Actually there is alot to suggest just that. Sheedy, Matthews,Malthouse, Craig, Blight, great players,great coaches, the list goes on and on. When you've been around a bit longer than 18 years maybe then i'll take your posts more seriously, maybe bounce your posts off your "missus" first. The last 25 years have produced no success, so given that Hird has played under Sheedy and he having played under the Master Hafey, i think he'd be worth the risk.
Craig never played at the highest level, Malthouse was a good back pocket. Sheeds was a very good back pocket/ruck rover in a great side, but its stretching credibility to call him a great player. Only Mathews and Blight in that list can claim to be great players. And Blight's first stint as a coach was a disaster. It was only after he did that hard apprenticeship that he was any good as a coach.

Harvey Leadpipe said:
While we're coming from left field, I reckon we should get Nikki Visser to be our president. Could only attract members one may suggest.
Nikki will fit well with our 2007 "maintain ya mongrel" slogan as well. :thumbsu:

hird will probably be an assistant to sheedy for the next 15 yrs and then he will end up at some club like freo as an assistant coach and be forgotten about

I don't think Hird and Sheedy like being in the same room that much, I'd be suprised if Hird agreed to work for Sheeds.

A lot of senior coaches may be reluctant to have Hird as an assitant because he is too high profile and would probably be too expensive. Any coach with Hird in his coaching box would be nervous about his board knifing him and replacing him with such an obvious, media friendly type.

Like Brereton and Lyon he'd probably have to risk too much reputation and give up too much cash to go into coaching.

I also wonder how much he has learnt having had one coach for so long? Sheedy (and Essendon) stopped being innovaters in tactics about 10 years ago. Hird would be learning more from Wallace than we could learn from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird A Tiger Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back