Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Its funny cause it infuriates them, if only they could see the truth through all the media propaganda, although I believe sheeps eyes arent the best

As anyone who has had any involvement with players at club level would understand, players are mere sheep. They are told what to eat, when to eat, when to sleep, when to train etc... There is no real room for independent thought. Current actions reinforce my view that they are being led by the nose by their leaders...as they were through the PED program.

You do mean the one that is used in cosmetics and creams? Why bother with this , lots of humans use this for weight loss. Google it. If you havent noticed asada arent trying to prosecute over this because it wasnt banned. The effects of aod9604 are well known and there is certainly no long term side effects

You seriously need to think before you try to defend every little point on here. You know AOD was injected into the players numerous times over and was not in cream form. You are insulting your own intelligence with some of your arguments. By all means argue a point but let's not just make things up to suit ones argument.

At least he'll have a tan when he comes back!

Hird has had a semi permanent tan for some years now. At least having a European summer means there's a chance it may not come from a needle.

Last edited:

The extension was a mistake, and while most clubs could have fired staff left right and centre, actually waiting for an outcome to do so isn't a bad thing.

As I've always said and nobody has really answered me on is why is it the head coaches roles to be in charge of supplements? I could be completely naive but is this a position that really falls under the head coach role? While the name Hird has most likely given him some leeway from Essendon, doesn't the same apply for those looking to lay blame?

Is Clarkson running the supps department at Hawks? Roos and Melbourne?

While I'm not discounting Hird's involvement, this part has always staggered me in terms as to who's at fault the most.

For starters he is the link between EFC and Robisnon, Dank & Charters.

Secondly when legitimate concerns were raised (by Doc Reid at least) he used his power to marginalise the critics and push forward with the program.

As anyone who has had any involvement with players at club level would understand, players are mere sheep. They are told what to eat, when to eat, when to sleep, when to train etc... There is no real room for independent thought. Current actions reinforce my view that they are being led by the nose by their leaders...as they were through the PED program.

You seriously need to think before you try to defend every little point on here. You know AOD was injected into the players numerous times over and was not in cream form. You are insulting your own intelligence with some of your arguments. By all means argue a point but let's not just make things up to suit ones argument.

Hird has had a semi permanent tan for some years now. At least having a European summer means there's a chance it may not come from a needle.
Mr tiger, clearly I was not suggesting essendon used creams, merely pointing out that this particular sup, is not as exotic as some claim

Counting the days till he returns.
He is very much respected and loved by Essendon supporters for his amazing strength and dignity through all the AFL inspired character assassination he has had to endure.
His willingness to overlook his own self interest and take the crap that the AFL dished out to him last year because the club needed him to, is something we will never forget.

Bomber has been fantastic, and he too has our great respect and gratitude, but the return of Hirdy is something we all can't wait for.

And if you don't like it, stiff.

I hope the time comes eventually that he sues the living shite out of all who have falsely maligned him.

He is very much respected and loved by Essendon supporters for his amazing strength and dignity through all the AFL inspired character assassination he has had to endure.
His willingness to overlook his own self interest and take the crap that the AFL dished out to him last year because the club needed him to, is something we will never forget.

Bomber has been fantastic, and he too has our great respect and gratitude, but the return of Hirdy is something we all can't wait for.

I hope the time comes eventually that he sues the living shite out of all who have falsely maligned him.
Premature ejaculation

I'm not sure if you were trying to sound like a cultist or not, but you've nailed it, regardless.

This is why it's very hard to argue that Essendon don't deserve to be in this mess.

Why is he doing everything he can in the present court case to stop the truth coming out? The best way to assuage being unfairly maligned is to be up front - so what exactly is he doing now?

He will go down as the biggest disgrace to your club in history.

You just don't see it yet, but the truth will come out.

Doesn't matter how long it takes, it will come out.

Too funny.

LOL....Seriously, can you head get any deeper in the sand !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must be hard being a Lance Armstrong fan.

(or are you talking about someone else?)

Essendon's success will be very limited until Hird cut's his ties from the club. The other teams' players just won't allow it - to be beaten by a club that has done so much wrong.

It must be hard being a Lance Armstrong fan.

(or are you talking about someone else?)
Eventually there will need to be "post cult trauma counseling" for the Essendon faithful when their denial phase starts to weaken. Logical reasoning is useless with them this stage. In some ways sympathy is required as it is an emotional attachment akin to deep love that they have, and no amount of reason, evidence or logic will dissuade them of Hird's glorious qualities.

he will have no choice but to resign. the sponsors are the shot-callers and regardless of the verdict of this investigation there's no way that sponsors will want to be aligned with anyone who had anything to do with this tragic comedy. and if you want to know what public perception of hird is just read the comments here. regardless of how loved he is by the Essendon faithful there is just no foreseeable scenario that involves him having any major position in football again..

Lo shall he be resurrected and shall walk the football field again as the once and future coach, and he shall smite the non-believers in a grand apocalyptic Essendon premiership. All we have to do is drink the Kool-Aid.

Please tell me this is a joke!!! James hird should never coach the essendon football club again. He was a champion footballer and a premiership captain of our club. The best essendon player I have seen and should be welcomed at the club in this capacity with the respect it warrants but he should quite clearly not coach again.

WTF! Heil Hird, mein fuhrer!

If Hird comes back as coach, I am throwing all my bombers apparel in the garbage and may try and hunt down an old 'Big V' guernsey as my only team!

Thing is that even with the August 11 court case in play, it is likely that the decision on it will take so long that his return will pass by and still no legal restriction placed upon him.

I certainly don't like the idea...BUT...there is nothing to stop his return.
There is something. Many things including.

Decent people demanding it
The club taking on a moral position
The board showing leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Back