Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Imported from Spotify so not sure in eligibility.

Tracks voted for:
The Kite String Tangle - What If
Tkay Maidza - U-Huh
Foster The People - Are You What You Want to Be?
Bombay Bicycle Club - Luna
Broods - L.A.F
Tei Shi - Bassically
Peking Duk - Take Me Over
Hopium - Dreamers - feat. Phoebe Lou
SAFIA - Paranoia, Ghosts
SOHN - Artifice

I'm really surprised that the song "Arrows" by Fences hasn't got many (or any that I've seen) votes. I hear that track everywhere and when it came out I thought it be a good Hottest 100 performer... Not that it bothers me, I actually don't like the song much at all personally, just thought it'd be popular.

I'm really surprised that the song "Arrows" by Fences hasn't got many (or any that I've seen) votes. I hear that track everywhere and when it came out I thought it be a good Hottest 100 performer... Not that it bothers me, I actually don't like the song much at all personally, just thought it'd be popular.

if it had been a Macklemore track with Fences featuring on the chorus, I reckon it would've been right up there, but I think the first half of the song bores everyone like it does me.

My votes, for the sake of thewitness' tally.

Caribou - Can't Do Without You (my vote for Song of the Year)
Carmada - Maybe
Chet Faker - 1998
Duke Dumont - I Got U {Ft. Jax Jones}
Flying Lotus - Never Catch Me {Ft. Kendrick Lamar}
Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting On You)
Porter Robinson - Flicker
QT - Hey QT
RL Grime & What So Not - Tell Me
Rustie - Attak {Ft. Danny Brown}

Last years hottest 100 was fantastic, this year is so average. I'd even go as far as to say it's the worst year for music as far as I can remember.

These would be my top 10 that have played commercially (bar maybe 2 of them, they are more popular overseas). Most of my actual favourites would be non singles on albums, but from the same artists. None of this urban stuff has any place in a triple J thread but I'd like to post my top songs anyway :p

Nick Jonas - Jelous - 20m views
No Love - August Alsina - 40m views
Foreign - Trey Songz - 5m views
Waves - Mr. Probz (RS Remix) - 100m views
Don't Tell Em - Jeremih - 23m views
DJ Khaled - Hold You Down - 38m views
Ring Gang - Lifestyle - 100m views (even tho its in gibberish)
Zedd ft Ariana Grande - Break Free -220m views
Chris Brown - New Flame - 67m views
Kid Ink - Body Language - 11m views

I stand corrected, it could be worse.

A woman basher is always a woman basher.

Don't forget the time he bashed Frank Ocean for being gay. Or the time he was only sentenced to something like 100 hours of community service for bashing Rhianna to an inch of her life and he skipped doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget the time he bashed Frank Ocean for being gay. Or the time he was only sentenced to something like 100 hours of community service for bashing Rhianna to an inch of her life and he skipped doing that.

Plus his music is shit.

ETA for next list Witness? Hoping to get my list finalized over next few days, just cannot pick my last song ahh

thewitness,
I expect these three to do well, but if you can give your latest position for each of them I would really appreciate it:
* The Griswalds - Beware the Dog
* Peking Duk - Take me Over
* Vance Joy - Mess is Mine

Ongoing thankenings for your efforts....its brilliant

thewitness,
I expect these three to do well, but if you can give your latest position for each of them I would really appreciate it:

I can understand why Vance Joy and Peking Duk are polling well due to commercial crossover, but as far as I was aware The Griswolds have only been infrequently played on Triple J only?

thewitness,

With the count i have them
The Griswalds - Beware the Dog #5
Peking Duk - Take me Over #6
Vance Joy - Mess is Mine #33
In reality i think it would be more like
The Griswalds - Beware the Dog (Just outside top ten)
Peking Duk - Take me Over (probably #5)
Vance Joy - Mess is Mine (Just inside top 20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back