Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

How big were her eyes during that scene, i swear they got bigger and bigger, and not normally bigger when one is surprised.

So much vex and game playing in the scene. Prince that was promised. When Rhaenyra goes "what?....thats something daddy used to say when i was little", Ali's thinking oh shit, have i played my card??? Rhae knows that Im lying...or does she? Maybe shes tryin to trick me. Oh well, I cant lose face so yeah its too late we go to war now cause i have to cover up.

Here it is

View attachment 2036604

oh yeah?

View attachment 2036609
oh sheeet

View attachment 2036610

ummm, fuuuuuuuu

Parallels to Cersei in that their sons sit on the throne rightly or wrongly, both dowagers. or something like that. except cersei wanted the throne.

i do think there's a small % in her that wants the throne tho
She wasn't lying, she genuinely misinterpreted but it's too late now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Daemon in his battle gear.

Alicent is a twit.

Blacks all the way now baby.
For some reason, every time I see him in it, I think of Birdperson from Rick & Morty.

Another snoozefest....
I think maybe this isn't the show for you then haha.

Good episode, better than the last episode.

Last scene was a bit ridiculous but the music was awesome, in fact the music was awesome all episode.
Even though I really enjoyed the episode I can't remember which scene was the last scene. The one with Allicent and Rhaenyra in the sept? If so, I thought that was a fantastic scene. What didn't you like about it.

She wasn't lying, she genuinely misinterpreted but it's too late now.
Yeah, I agree with that. Although I think deep down she might have known even at the time it was a bit of confirmation bias.

There isn't one likeable character on this show, nobody you can have any empathy for, none of them. At least GOT had people you hoped would survive until the next episode, in this soap opera with dragons you kinda hope the whole bloody lot of them get set on fire!

There isn't one likeable character on this show, nobody you can have any empathy for, none of them. At least GOT had people you hoped would survive until the next episode, in this soap opera with dragons you kinda hope the whole bloody lot of them get set on fire!

Time to move on buddy.

In GOT it was obvious that you were meant to barrack for the Starks, the honourable ones. But once they were all separated and neutered (Ned dead, Robb dead, Jon to the wall, Arya to Braavos, Sansa to the whims of the men around her, Bran to live the "best" story), everyone else was pretty ambiguous in whether or not they were worth caring for. People chose sides and wanted them to win the battle for the throne, but you could make pretty strong cases that they were all very flawed. I mean, some people thought it was poor writing that Dany burned King's Landing to the ground, but it had been setup for a very long time that she was on that path and a lot of people overlooked a LOT of her questionable morals/decisions.

I would say that in HOTD, it's kind of reversing the trend of GOT where instead of it being goodies/baddies developing into more moral ambiguity, it started with lots of ambiguity moving more towards setting up one side to be good compared to the other. Rhaenyra can sometimes be cold, but is showing to have inherited her father's honour and wants to avoid war. And although Team Black has the wildly unpredictability of Daemon, the stoicism of Jace, the wise counsel of Rhaenys and the cool head and experience of Corlys seems to be far more likeable and "good" (for want of a better word) than the fecklessness of Aegon, the insanity of Aemond, the creepiness of Larys and the scheming of Otto Hightower.

In GOT it was obvious that you were meant to barrack for the Starks, the honourable ones. But once they were all separated and neutered (Ned dead, Robb dead, Jon to the wall, Arya to Braavos, Sansa to the whims of the men around her, Bran to live the "best" story), everyone else was pretty ambiguous in whether or not they were worth caring for. People chose sides and wanted them to win the battle for the throne, but you could make pretty strong cases that they were all very flawed. I mean, some people thought it was poor writing that Dany burned King's Landing to the ground, but it had been setup for a very long time that she was on that path and a lot of people overlooked a LOT of her questionable morals/decisions.

I would say that in HOTD, it's kind of reversing the trend of GOT where instead of it being goodies/baddies developing into more moral ambiguity, it started with lots of ambiguity moving more towards setting up one side to be good compared to the other. Rhaenyra can sometimes be cold, but is showing to have inherited her father's honour and wants to avoid war. And although Team Black has the wildly unpredictability of Daemon, the stoicism of Jace, the wise counsel of Rhaenys and the cool head and experience of Corlys seems to be far more likeable and "good" (for want of a better word) than the fecklessness of Aegon, the insanity of Aemond, the creepiness of Larys and the scheming of Otto Hightower.
This is why I questioned whether he actually liked GOT since he didn't seem to understand it.

Even the Starks became pretty unlikeable. When we finally got their reunion, instead of uniting, they turned on each other.

isn't one likeable character on this show, nobody you can have any empathy for, none of them. At least GOT had people you hoped would survive until the next episode, in this soap opera with dragons you kinda hope the whole bloody lot of them get set on fire!

Needs more of a

game of thrones deal with it GIF

Maybe the silliness of the last scene centred around the idea that they were whispering and at times it was hard to hear.

The fact that she actually decided to do it and risk it and she could just walk around in a busy place without anyone getting suspicious.

It's good for the suspense but we already had someone try to do a sneak in last episode and there's been a few in the series already.

There isn't one likeable character on this show, nobody you can have any empathy for, none of them.

I wouldn't say that, but I definitely don't think there's as many interesting characters as GoT.

The two main girls are probably two of the better ones and they're still nowhere near as charismatic as a whole bunch of characters from the original.

The only two characters I can think of who are on par with GoT in commanding a scene are Otto and Larys. And to a lesser extent Aemond and Daemon maybe.

The rest all feel like Wish versions of GoT characters so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back