How Annoying is Huddo???????

Remove this Banner Ad

I know what you said, and it's still ridiculous.

The thought that someone knows more about the game simply because they played at AFL level is bizarre. Someone who hasn't played at that level could very well conceivably spend more time watching the game than one who simply plays it.

Huddo's been a commentator on TV for over a decade and has probably called 100s of matches. I know I'd rather his opinion than an idiot like Luke Darcy, who doesn't actually seem to know a damn thing about the game.
Couldn't agree more. I would rather listen to the blokes who didn't play at the highest level than most of the blokes who did.

Eh, Huddo's ok. He's smart enough and speaks well, which obviously can't be said for many passed players, or Robbo. However, his 'excitement' comes across as a little contrived, not that he's alone there.

Also, I know he was a lot younger when this happened, but I just can't forget what he did when he left 3aw, which was organize, edit and host his own 1-hour tribute to himself. :p Ya shoulda heard it! Crikey! He 'enjoyed' talking about himself, how his main influence was Tim lane; and the rest of it was almost like: "this next highlight of my awesome commentary is one of my favourites....." Hookesy hung shit on him the next day, saying to Gerard: "er, um, did you think it was a bit odd that he did that? Would you do something like that?" :p

Please, just jump now.

Huddo is the best in the game as long as you know what AFL is. /thread.

Sorry to re-open this thread (assuming "/thread" means there is no need for anyone to post any more?).

But cheers mate, you are right. I didn't know what AFL was but now i've googled it, my opinion has definitely changed.
Huddo all the way.

During Foxtel's preview of the Sydney vs Collingwood game last night, they did a live cross to Hudson and Dermie standing out in the middle of ground at ANZ Stadium. Hudson started babbling on with the usual inanities in that annoying voice of his. Dermie stood there patiently, waiting for Huddo to finish his spiel so he could have his turn at the microphone and talk tactics and ground conditions

But Hudson just went on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

You could see Dermie's frustration growing. Two or three times, he thought Hudson had finished and went to speak only to be shut out by Hudson going a million miles a minute. You could hear the muffled laughter from Dunstall and the others back in the Foxtel studio.

I'm not sure if Hudson was on the gear, or did it for a bet, or to wind up Dermie. Serious lack of awareness and social skills if he was serious. You probably had to see it to appreciate it, but it was bloody funny. 2 guys in love with the sound of their own voice, but one of them denied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see what the hatred from some is about. I reckon he is the best going around at the moment, along with DC.

He calls the game accurately, without bias and he doesn't get sidetracked talking crap like so many of the TV commentators do nowadays!

During Foxtel's preview of the Sydney vs Collingwood game last night, they did a live cross to Hudson and Dermie standing out in the middle of ground at ANZ Stadium. Hudson started babbling on with the usual inanities in that annoying voice of his. Dermie stood there patiently, waiting for Huddo to finish his spiel so he could have his turn at the microphone and talk tactics and ground conditions

But Hudson just went on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

You could see Dermie's frustration growing. Two or three times, he thought Hudson had finished and went to speak only to be shut out by Hudson going a million miles a minute. You could hear the muffled laughter from Dunstall and the others back in the Foxtel studio.

I'm not sure if Hudson was on the gear, or did it for a bet, or to wind up Dermie. Serious lack of awareness and social skills if he was serious. You probably had to see it to appreciate it, but it was bloody funny. 2 guys in love with the sound of their own voice, but one of them denied.

Surely Huddo is to be commended by all for limiting the amount of Dermie-drivel?

What annoys me most is his general lack of interest, or his tendency to use prepared cliches and phrases in order to sound intelligent/witty, or his over-admiration for anyone named Cyril.

Remove this Banner Ad

How Annoying is Huddo???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back