How do you pass the time waiting for September?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
When your team is dominating, clearly the best in the business, a lock for a dream September run, and all the games between now and September feel like dead rubbers, how do you stay interested in footy?

I'm feeling like one of my hobbies has been taken away. Football just seems a touch boring. It's all just so predictable. Doesn't seem to matter who, what or where, the results just all seem to go the same way.

I'd like to hear from the Geelong fans about how they felt in their premiership window. Richmond fans too. And maybe Essendon fans if they can remember what it was like in 2000. How did you guys cope?

Collingwood fans need not reply.

When your team is dominating, clearly the best in the business, a lock for a dream September run, and all the games between now and September feel like dead rubbers, how do you stay interested in footy?

I'm feeling like one of my hobbies has been taken away. Football just seems a touch boring. It's all just so predictable. Doesn't seem to matter who, what or where, the results just all seem to go the same way.

I'd like to hear from the Geelong fans about how they felt in their premiership window. Richmond fans too. And maybe Essendon fans if they can remember what it was like in 2000. How did you guys cope?

Unsure why you would not want input from Collingwood fans, as we have recent memories of just such a thing.

Anyway the difference between Collingwood and the other successful clubs like Richmond and Geelong, is we actually went all the way and got the job done.
I do admire what you are doing though by trying to be different.

When we all did it, we were the best all year, you guys want to go all the way, being the second best.

If I was the OP I would be booking grand final tickets if I didn't have a guaranteed GF seat membership.

Will be crazy in a few months time trying to get a seat. Best to just drop the 2-3K and get a premium package now rather than hustle for a seat in late September.

If I was the OP I would be booking grand final tickets if I didn't have a guaranteed GF seat membership.

Will be crazy in a few months time trying to get a seat. Best to just drop the 2-3K and get a premium package now rather than hustle for a seat in late September.

Don't you worry about me NetworkNerd, I'll be there.

The only question is which vendor has the better seats, or if I want to go the MCC route to avoid the pre-game sales pitch. I would never sit anywhere near the common folk.

Don't forget about the Lygon Street accommodation for Saturday night. I booked that months ago. Going to be one wild night.

Enjoy it, jeez you haven't won a flag for 29 years and you're bored! 2018 was the most enjoyable season of the 2017-20 period, was surreal just rolling up to the games and knowing if we played at our best we would win.

Savour it

It’s really nice to see supporters of other clubs actively trying to get Sydney supporters involved in main board threads mate, great work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

b8b07b425fe6eb5394825f44154d431a.gif

There are 11 seasons of The Walking Dead.

Hop to it my friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back