How good are your other teams? *MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How good are your other teams?

Team I actually really care about

AFL - Port Adelaide
EPL - Aston Villa - having an excellent year, will hopefully break the top 4 and get a CL spot
NFL - Miami Dolphins - made the Playoffs this year after a long lean patch. On the way up

Teams I follow but don't care about so much...

NBA - Spurs (since David Robinson, NOT a bandwagoner :D)
NHL - Blackhawks
MLB - Angels
HAL - Adelaide United

AFL: Carlton 11th
EPL: Liverpool 2nd
F1: Ferrari 1st in Construction, 2nd and 4th in Drivers
A-League: Victory= Premiers
NRL: Storm = 2nd

those 2nd places are seriously starting to kill me. Mostly in the F1 how can u lose the championship with one corner to go !!! ****ing toyota lol

AFL Essendon - Equal Most Premierships in the league.
SANFL - Port Adelaide Magpies - Finished 5th last season. Hoping for a flag in 2009

Soccer - EPL Newcastle United - The club is a complete circus & always has been. Hopefully safe from the relegation zone.

Juventus - Most successful club in Italy! Sitting 2nd in Serie A atm.

Adelaide United - 3 ACL Qualifications, A-League GF this Saturday.

Basketball - Adelaide 36ers - Got thumped in our Elimination Final against New Zealand last week.

Los Angeles Lakers - Need to say no more!
NFL - San Francisco 49ers - Once a feared club now just a faded force. Havent made the playoffs in 8 seasons.

NHL Detroit Red wings - Not sure how they are going, dont follow the hockey much these days.

NRL- Brisbane Broncos - Still Strong!
International Cricket - Pakistan - Awesome on their day but the laziest cricket nation in the world!

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays - Shite!

NRL - Storm
MLB - Redsox (bring back Pedro)
NFL - 49ers
NBA - Lakers (Kareem, AC, Worthy, Byron and Magic, the best ever)
Premier League - Spurs (perenially suck)

You know those guys all retired like 20 - 25 years ago!!! Byron does now coach the New Orleans Hornets.

Lot of NBA supporters on here. Surprising really. Thought Basketball in Australia was dead.

Geez... a lot of you guys sound like my mates who just jump on the bandwagon of any good team.

Me: So who do you go for in the EPL?

Response (varies) - Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea

"OMG WHY WASNT THAT A GOAL TO LIVERPOOL? WTF? WHATS AN OFFSIDE? BS RULES!"

This actually is true for the Italian/Spanish leagues too.

Real Madrid, Barcelona - OMG I LOVE HENRY HESSSS SOO GOOD.. it's like seriously stfu you haven't seen him play since he was in Arsenal.
&
Juve, AC, Inter

Me: What about the NBA?

Response (varies) - Lakers, Cavs, Boston

It makes me laugh because they say they are HUGE FANS yet know nothing or sweet FA about the sport or the team itself.

I've always been a big underdog man myself, not sure if anyone else is like this.

For me:

AFL - Adel/Carl (live in Adel and have divided family with Adel/Carl, not a huge fan of AFL but yeah)
EPL - Hull City (since lower Div days)
NBA - Indiana Pacers (always)
NHL - Calgary Flames (always)
A-League - Adelaide United (live in Adelaide)

flipping bandwagoners for every sport...

MY FAV TEAMS ARE MANCHESTER UNITED, LA LAKERS, UMM, THE STEELERS AND GEELONG AND HAWTHORN EVEN THOUGH I LOVE MY TEAM I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM.. seriously.. rage attack more on my behalf..

If you ask most people why they happen to go for teams like the Lakers, they can't really give you a reason why they like them other than "i've always liked them"

Me: What about the NBA?

Response (varies) - Lakers, Cavs, Boston

It makes me laugh because they say they are HUGE FANS yet know nothing or sweet FA about the sport or the team itself.

Going to agree with that statement but not the general tone of your post. I challenge any of the blokes who posted their fave NBA team as, Cavs, Lakers, Spurs to post their current starting lineups (without looking on the Internet).

lol Good luck with that Torts!
I understand where your coming from Hasus, but mate, relax! Its the internet..

Also, LOL to the other two Ferrari supporters out there. I was watching that race in the morning, and almost cried!
1st came the tears of joy, then tears of heartache! Once again, damn Toyotas!

AFL Western Bulldogs - 3rd with a bullet

International Soccer - Brasil, 2nd on world cup qualifier table

Domestic Soccer - Fortaleza, absolutely sheizen. 16th which is about usual.

AFL: West Coast- 15th
WAFL: West Perth- 3rd
A-League: Perth Glory- 7th
International Cricket: Australia- Still first for the moment :D
Domestic Cricket: Western Warriors- 5th FRC, 5th KFC BB, 4th Shield
NRL: South Sydney- 14th
Super-14: Western Force- Currently 8th, probably will not last
English Football: West Ham United- Currently 9th
NFL: Semi fan of the Philadelphia Eagles

AFL-Geelong, runners up
NHL- Toronto-shithouse as per normal
DEL- Iserlohn, fringes of the playoffs
V8s-HRT-GT grabbed third

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL: Melbournefc
VFL: Casey (formerly Sandringham, Frankston, Dandenong)
NBL: Melbourne Tigers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NRL: Cronulla Sharks
SPL: Celtic
EPL: Arsenal
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NBA: Boston Celtic

Going to agree with that statement but not the general tone of your post. I challenge any of the blokes who posted their fave NBA team as, Cavs, Lakers, Spurs to post their current starting lineups (without looking on the Internet).

Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Pau Gasol

Trevor Ariza
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Josh Powell
Shannon Brown
DJ Mbenga
Adam Morrison
Sun Yue
Andrew Bynum (inj)

I don't need my love for the Lakers questioned just because they're the Lakers and at the top of the league. I was there for 04/05 when Rudy T quit the team and Brian Grant looked like a 85 year old man. I was there in 05/06 when Kobe Bryant had one of the greatest seasons ever averaging 35.4 points. Dropping 62 in three quarters on the Dallas Mavericks, and 81 on the Raptors bringing the Lakers back single handedly to win the game. I was there when the Lakers choked a 3-1 lead to the Phoenix suns in the playoffs. I was there in 06/07 when Kobe Bryant had four straight 50-point games. I was there in 07/08 when Bynum dislocated his knee cap and the Lakers trade for Pau Gasol on February 1st.

I laugh when just because someone supports a famous team gets accused of just being a bandwagoner.

I'm a NBA Spurs fan who probably couldn't name the current starting lineup (Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, um... Finley and the big Argentinian Centre whose name escapes me), but I became a fan in the early 90s when I started collecting NBA cards.

All the guys in my street were older than me, and they all gave me their David Robinson cards and he basically became the player I started to support. A few Spurs jerseys later and I feel that I got on board more than early enough to claim that i'm no bandwagoner.

That said, while the Championships were cool, it doesn't hurt me when the Spurs lose, so I don't really consider myself a true supporter, just a fan.

AFL: North (Eighth)
NFL: Steelers (Champions)
NBL: Celtics (Champions)
NHL: Red Wings (Champions)
J League Kashima Antlers (Champions)
Gaelic: County Tyrone (Champions)
Iceland Premier League: Hafnarfjörður (Champions)
China premier League: 中国足球协会版权所有 (Champions)

I have had an okay year supporting my teams.

AFL: Port Adelaide (13th):mad:
V8 Supercars: Garth Tander (3rd):(
Formula 1: Mark Webber (11th):thumbsdown:, Lewis Hamilton (Champion):thumbsu:
Moto GP: Casey Stoner (2nd) not angry just annoyed....

I laugh when just because someone supports a famous team gets accused of just being a bandwagoner.

Seems like your one of the few who actually know a bit about LA.

I didn't mean EVERYONE that supports Lakers are bandwagoners, but you can't say you don't see my point with other people.

Never see anyone supporting Memphis, GSW, Minnesota, Clippers, Oklahoma, or the likes.

Take this for example.

NBL: Celtics (Champions)
Celtics must rape the NBL.

Seems like your one of the few who actually know a bit about LA.

I didn't mean EVERYONE that supports Lakers are bandwagoners, but you can't say you don't see my point with other people.

Never see anyone supporting Memphis, GSW, Minnesota, Clippers, Oklahoma, or the likes.

Take this for example.

Celtics must rape the NBL.

I certainly see your point re: bandwagoners, I just get annoyed when I'm accused (not saying you accused me) for just following a famous team.

I certainly support more of the bigger clubs but I don't see a team that has the best success rate and just support them. The big named sides are more often than not given a large amount of coverage worldwide compared to someone like Memphis or Minnesota. All of the teams I show interest in (excluding Melb. Victory) are teams I've followed ever since I was a young child.

AFL: Essendon - 12th in 2008
A-League: Melbourne Victory - 1st in 2008/2009
EPL: Arsenal - currently 5th in 2008/2009

AFL: Port Adelaide - 13th in 08
A-League: Adelaide United - Grand Finalists (result will depend on how much the cheats across the border pay the refs)
EPL: Liverpool - currently 2nd
Cricket: South Australia - 4th 20/20, 3rd or 4th? FR Cup, Shield (very bad)

AFL: Adelaide 5th
NRL: North Queensland 15th
HAL: Adelaide Runner Ups

NFL: Atlanta 9th
NBA: Chicago 18th
MLB: Boston 5th

Soccer: top flight
England: Manchester United 1st
Germany: Bayern Munich 4th
Italy: AC Milan 3rd
Spain: Real Madrid 2nd

Soccer: random lower league
England: Northern League (premier division) (Div 7) Football Club United of Manchester 6th

Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Pau Gasol

Trevor Ariza
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Josh Powell
Shannon Brown
DJ Mbenga
Adam Morrison
Sun Yue
Andrew Bynum (inj)

I don't need my love for the Lakers questioned just because they're the Lakers and at the top of the league. I was there for 04/05 when Rudy T quit the team and Brian Grant looked like a 85 year old man. I was there in 05/06 when Kobe Bryant had one of the greatest seasons ever averaging 35.4 points. Dropping 62 in three quarters on the Dallas Mavericks, and 81 on the Raptors bringing the Lakers back single handedly to win the game. I was there when the Lakers choked a 3-1 lead to the Phoenix suns in the playoffs. I was there in 06/07 when Kobe Bryant had four straight 50-point games. I was there in 07/08 when Bynum dislocated his knee cap and the Lakers trade for Pau Gasol on February 1st.

I stand corrected. Well done to you sir. Good to see a real supporter rather than a "who does LeBron play for, Cavs? Thats right, I support the Cavs" supporter.

I think Hasus' point is still valid, however you have proved yourself to be an exception to the rule :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

How good are your other teams? *MB Thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back