Prediction How Good Will Jack Higgins Be?

How Good Will Jack Higgins Be? He will be as good as...

• Relton Roberts

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Cleve Hughes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Aaron Fiora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Hartigan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Patrick Bowden

• Shane Tuck

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Michael Gale

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Tony Free

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Stewart Maxfield

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Kevin Bartlett

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Andrew Collins

• Ty Zantuck

• Greg Tivindale

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't see enough to get excited yet, his first game was just solid nothing special, should have had 3 goals without doing anything so I guess there is a higher ceiling.

Think he is a smart solid footballer and only time will tell if his footy smarts can outweigh his lack of athleticism.

didn't see enough to get excited yet, his first game was just solid nothing special, should have had 3 goals without doing anything so I guess there is a higher ceiling.

Think he is a smart solid footballer and only time will tell if his footy smarts can outweigh his lack of athleticism.
Agree with this. Im not sure where he stands or if he will even make it because of the lack of athleticism.

Will be a mid/high half forward. Think he's going to be a really solid player. Hoping for a Sam Mitchell type, smaller player who just sees the game really well. In the short term I'm thinking he can play the high half forward role and Edwards and Lambert can have more true midfield time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Michael Voss
Limited to a small degree by physical capabilities, but toughness and footy sense to know where to be anyway.
Even on Sunday, he often found the right spaces even if he wasn't being used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An elite gut runner with footy smarts will always find the pill. It's only speed off the mark that might limit his impact.
He was just about the best performed junior in his draft yr but he did get to us because clubs were questioning his upside size pace and athleticism.

He has no outstanding physical attributes with little upside to them.At this level he will need to be top shelf with his running and footy smarts.

As i said im not sure about him and question where he will end up. im hoping hes just a natural footballer and makes the grade but he sure as hell is starting behind the 8 ball at this level in the athletic stakes.

A couple of times I noticed some incredibly smart football from him in a crowd, just a little tap on from the bottom of a pack. So we know he's got smarts, dedication and toughness. Wherever he ends up, it won't be for lack of trying.

Already played a better game than c ellis
Your joking aint ya.

Corey has some issues and in a lot of games has not done a lot, but has in particular 2016 put in some games with substance to them.
Outside the two opportunistic goals there was very little else to Jacks game. Im not wanting to have a go here im just stating the facts.Its great he got some experience, its great when any of our kids get a taste of it.It is a balancing act when it comes to playing mature blokes and getting games into juniors its never black and white and there is a need to get the balance right.
Its also acknowledged that in this case he is just a kid has a long long way to go and the expectations are not high atm.

I have no problems stating that we do have better options in the two's some of them youngsters and playing Jack atm is tantamount to gifting him games.

Id like to hear about Vossy's limited physical capabilities.
they were minimal...
But he wasn't the quickest player out there, that being said, he was sooooo good it didn't really matter.

He was just about the best performed junior in his draft yr but he did get to us because clubs were questioning his upside size pace and athleticism.

He has no outstanding physical attributes with little upside to them.At this level he will need to be top shelf with his running and footy smarts.

As i said im not sure about him and question where he will end up. im hoping hes just a natural footballer and makes the grade but he sure as hell is starting behind the 8 ball at this level in the athletic stakes.

Agree. But on the glass half full side - Higgins was the best performed junior ever in stats. So he is smart player. If he can translate that into the AFL he could be very good. I agree that the lack of athleticism will hurt him more in the AFL than juniors. But, here's hoping, his smarts get him in the right spot at the right time a lot. Then we'll see. But we've got a lot to work with.

For exactly the reasons given above I doubt he's a long term HFF. He'll get burnt when oppositions put fast playmakers on him. But play him where that speed and height isn't important then I reckon he could be good to very good, to even awesome. It's the non-physical attributes and proven extraordinarily high junior performances that make me a fan - and positive about his future.

Your joking aint ya.

Corey has some issues and in a lot of games has not done a lot, but has in particular 2016 put in some games with substance to them.
Outside the two opportunistic goals there was very little else to Jacks game. Im not wanting to have a go here im just stating the facts.Its great he got some experience, its great when any of our kids get a taste of it.It is a balancing act when it comes to playing mature blokes and getting games into juniors its never black and white and there is a need to get the balance right.
Its also acknowledged that in this case he is just a kid has a long long way to go and the expectations are not high atm.

I have no problems stating that we do have better options in the two's some of them youngsters and playing Jack atm is tantamount to gifting him games.
Ellis 7cm taller than Higgins. Mopsy sticking to his lane I see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How Good Will Jack Higgins Be?

Back