How many brownlows will Juddy win at Carlton ?

Remove this Banner Ad

celtic_pride

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
With no other immediate big names to take votes off him right now, like Kerr, Cox or Cousins right now at Carlton, I reckon Judd could very easily 4 or 5 brownlows at Carlton, esp as we are now legit finals contenders, and I think Big Fev will win the next 5 or 6 colemans (assuming he stays healthy) with that midfield ...

Interesting and trophy filled times in the next decade ahead for Carlton :D

As much as I would love to agree with you, I can't really see that happening. I would not be getting ahead of yourself just yet, wait for at least a few games to see how he goes in our side.

I have watched a few YouTube highlights of Chris Judd and have noticed his team-mates blocking opposition players as he headed off on a run - whether our own players implement this tactic I'm not sure.

Also several other Carlton greats from the past (and players from other clubs) have never won a Brownlow medal think of:

John Nicholls, Alex Jesaulenko, Stephen Kernahan, Gary Ablett Snr, Stephen Silvagni - just to name a few...

With no other immediate big names to take votes off him right now, like Kerr, Cox or Cousins right now at Carlton, I reckon Judd could very easily 4 or 5 brownlows at Carlton, esp as we are now legit finals contenders, and I think Big Fev will win the next 5 or 6 colemans (assuming he stays healthy) with that midfield ...

My guess is none.
He doesn't have those players to take those votes off him but on the other side of the coin, he doesn't have those players to help him play such an amazing game.
It's no coincidence that an unheard of like Priddis can walk into that midfield and starts racking up the stats like he did.

Pretty confident none of them played in the midfield...
John Nicholls... I'm sure I mentioned him and funnily enough he played in the midfield as a ruckman - or doesn't that count?

I also did not realise that the Brownlow Medal was a midfielder-only award, I kinda feel for the rest of the blokes down back and up forward who are playing the game, they got no chance!!!

Admittedly not many players outside of the midfield win the Brownlow Medal (Tony Lockett 1986, Malcolm Blight 1978 just to name a few) which in my opinion shows how lop sided the Brownlow award can be at times. As a defender keeping your opponent goal-less or to a minimal amount of touches doesn't hold the same weight as getting 30 possessions in the midfield.

One player I refer to is Stephen Silvagni, in the 1995 Finals Series he kept his three main opponents in all finals series to a total of 1 goal. Wayne Carey (Prelim. Final) and Gary Ablett (G.Final) both did not kick a goal. Yet was he named in the best players on all three occasions? probably not.

Perhaps Judd may win a Brownlow at Carlton, perhaps he may not... I was just emphasising the point that there have been many great players over the years who have not won the Brownlow Medal. On the flipside there have been other players - not so great - who have happened to win the Medal... it will remain one of those mysteries that we leave up to the men in white.

My guess is none.
He doesn't have those players to take those votes off him but on the other side of the coin, he doesn't have those players to help him play such an amazing game.
It's no coincidence that an unheard of like Priddis can walk into that midfield and starts racking up the stats like he did.

I'm with you, none is more likely. He is a proven votegetter, but also is used to playing in a winning side, which, despite your greatest hopes, is still a few years off.

it is possible he could win a brownlow, it is possible the fev could win another coleman, it is even possible we make our way up the ladder. until then lets not get ahead of ourselves, we wont be top 4 next year, possibly get amonst the finals action and not get very far, years after that, hopefully more improvement.

no one will ever win five brownlows ever. to suggest as much is living in dreamy-land. and we're not finals contenders yet. give it a couple more seasons. big fev, on the other hand, does have a good chance at winning a couple of colemans in the coming years. i'd never suggest five or six though - you'd imagine he'd win it every year til the end of his career to do that (he won't).

if you'd said judd will win 5 or 6 john nicholls awards and fev leading our club goalkicking the next five years, i'd say that wouldnt even happen, but there's a much better chance of it. much, much better.

A VERY good chance to win one in the next couple of years i'd have thought. Beyond that the maturing of Carlton's young brigade will make it significantly more difficult for him to dominate although they'll win more games so he'd still be a show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you for real...some of the garbage you come out with, im under the belief you should be drug tested....or you either have trouble thinking before spreading so much crap.

someone couldnt be that stupid could they.

With no Cox to hand him the ball on a silver platter and no kerr/cuz/etc quality players to block half the other teams midfield for him... i'd say none

I wish people would forget about Players taking votes from other players! It's a big myth.

Bartel had Ablett, Corey, and Chapman.
Judd had Cousins and Kerr.
Cousins had Kerr and Judd.
Voss had Black, Power, Lappin and Akermanis.
Akermanis had Black, Voss, Lappin and Power.
Black had Voss, Lappin, Power and Akermanis.

You win enough games and play good footy you win the Brownlow.

Judd will win 2 Browlows at Carlton.

My guess is none.

Have you not watched the WAFL before?

Judd is something special. When he was playing for us, I expected he would get 3 by the end of his career (IMO he under performed in 2005 and 2007 and was injured for some games in 2006).

Now that he's at Carlton, i'm thinking he will only end up with 2. Which is disappointing, because he should be remembered with the other legends of the game. :thumbsu:

Have you not watched the WAFL before?

Judd is something special. When he was playing for us, I expected he would get 3 by the end of his career (IMO he under performed in 2005 and 2007 and was injured for some games in 2006).

Now that he's at Carlton, i'm thinking he will only end up with 2. Which is disappointing, because he should be remembered with the other legends of the game. :thumbsu:

Winning two brownlows isnt enough to be remembered with other legends of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many brownlows will Juddy win at Carlton ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back