How many of you are too young to remember the 'glory days'?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have loved to see some of the 80s action - my brother-in-law tells me those were tough days... Dermie playing with a broken rib, etc...

They were sensational but this Hawthorn team are about to put their own names in the history books...Great times ahead. Enjoy the ride, Hawk Fans!

I would have loved to see some of the 80s action - my brother-in-law tells me those were tough days... Dermie playing with a broken rib, etc...

They certainly were, Dipper, Ayres and Dermott regularly handed it out. To tag Platten was to take your life in to your own hands. To hassle Dermott about his girlfriend was asking to be taken off the field on a stretcher.

However, for the first time in years the GF reminded me of those days. Hodge and Brown certainly wouldnt be out of place in the 80s.

They are old school and football is a far, far bettter game for it.

I am old enough to remember the glory days, but to me this was the sweetest of them all!

I was a bit young to clearly remember the 70s, but do remember the pride when we won in 76 and the joy hearing about 78 (I was overseas at the time).

The 80s were magnificent, especially the 86 grand final for me when we beat the Blues and Piggy was flying (my Dad is a Blues supporter so even sweeter). I also remember the 90 grand final and thinking "What's this? Why aren't we playing? This isn't right!!" Yep, by then I just expected it and so didn't fully appreciate it.

My passion reignited back in 2004 (joined as a member for the first time and just got into it all!). This is now the sweetest as I have been along for the journey from the bottom (or close enough) to the top! I wasn't confident that we would win, but was confident we could win on Saturday. The way the boys played - what could make us prouder!!!

This one, for me, was the sweetest of them all!

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of you are too young to remember the 'glory days'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back